shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m in love with TWO settings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ria

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking for a long time, but finally need some input...I feel like I can''t really articulate it well but,
I am seriously stuck. I can''t decide between the Tiffany 6 prong solitaire and the Lucida. I should clarify that I mean the settings only -- I will not be purchasing from Tiffany''s.

I feel like they are both elegant and classic, but I''m really stuck on the look of them. I love how thin and dainty the 6 prong is, but I also really love the weight and substance of the Lucida. I have tried on both of them (far too many times) and researched through posts here on opinions of both, but I still feel stuck.

The stone is a 2.35 RB and will be a size 6...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if it is a round stone, I''d go with the Tiffany knife edge solitaire. It is timeless and the thin band will make the stone take center stage and look larger. I''d use the Lucida setting for a stone cut close to the shape of the Lucida stone to get a similar look.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
You know, I have the same problem in that I truly love so many different styles and think they look great on my hand. In the end there probably is no one clear winner. You will just have to flip a coin or go with your gut. Imagine someone told you you had to have the 6-prong and you couldn''t have the Lucida. Think about how you would feel and then reverse it. That might help a little.

Finally I think you will have to get two rings! Maybe one in a colored stone?

Good luck and let us know which you choose. The diamond sounds yummy!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 3:46:43 PM
Author:Ria
I have been lurking for a long time, but finally need some input...I feel like I can''t really articulate it well but,
I am seriously stuck. I can''t decide between the Tiffany 6 prong solitaire and the Lucida. I should clarify that I mean the settings only -- I will not be purchasing from Tiffany''s.

I feel like they are both elegant and classic, but I''m really stuck on the look of them. I love how thin and dainty the 6 prong is, but I also really love the weight and substance of the Lucida. I have tried on both of them (far too many times) and researched through posts here on opinions of both, but I still feel stuck.

The stone is a 2.35 RB and will be a size 6...
Welcome to my world...well, was my world. I had a terrible time deciding between settings, kept changing my mind. I let it wear me out, too. My problem is I was always afraid I would see something I liked better and reget my final decision....I really think I''m just greedy and want it all!!
9.gif
11.gif

I love both your choices.

See! I''m no help! I can''t even decide when it''s not mine!
3.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, they are both beautiful (I''ve had both!) I''m an eternal flip-flopper when it comes to ring settings. I just LOVE them all!
30.gif

For me, I prefer a 4 prong setting, so I would go with the Lucida. I think I always lusted after a cushion shaped stone and the 4 prong makes it look slightly more cushiony (if that''s a word!) Some people don''t like this because it makes their round stone look more square. So, if you really love your round, maybe go with the 6-prong??

Maybe another way to help you decide...will a wedding band fit differently next to either setting? Flush against the Lucida and non-flush with the 6-prong?

Another factor, if you think you would ever be worried about DSS, the 6 prong will make your stone look bigger. Although, your stone is a FABULOUS size and I don''t think you''ll have to worry about that!

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
tiffany 6 prong and its so versatile with tons of wedding bands

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
oh my god! i LOVE the lucida and always have. my e-ring is very similar to that and if i could get the REAL setting then WOW! i like the lucida for the same reasons as you: wide band, more substantial and i particularly like how the stone is set on the low side. very sleek.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
If it were me...hands-down, absolutely, no contest...LUCIDA! I have never been a fan of 6-prong settings in general or the Tiffany setting in particular. But the Lucida...so bold, elegant, with those sweeping X-prongs...gorgeous!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I second the point that it will be easier to match a wband with a classic Tiff setting, though no wband will sit totally flush with this type of setting.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2008 1:40:07 AM
Author: honey22
I second the point that it will be easier to match a wband with a classic Tiff setting, though no wband will sit totally flush with this type of setting.
While i agree with this that the tiff solitaire is easy to match, i know from personal (friend) experience that the lucida happens to look amazing with lots of bands with it. A friend of mine has a lucida type ring, and she pairs it with a few eternity bands she has - it looks amazing with all of them, any single one, two stacked on either side etc. And i love the substantial band on it - i vote lucida!

darling

Shiny_Rock
I am a big fan of low set bezel settings, so Lucida would get my vote. I do not know what would be easier for you to wear, I have a tough time with high, prongy rings.

Violet, would you be able to post pictures of your friend''s ring with the bands?

Ria

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the input!! I totally appreciate it! I''m still pretty stuck. I met with a few friends who have both the Tiffany and a Lucida replica... here''s a photo...
I think I am leaning towards the 6 prong because I really want to stack bands with it... here''s a side by side (although a but blurry)... any more pros or cons for either setting??

IMG_1639.jpg

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Definitely the 6 prong soliatire. Your stone is nice and big and this setting will showcase it so nicely.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think you can''t go wrong either way they are both gorgeous
36.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2008 1:21:11 PM
Author: darling
I am a big fan of low set bezel settings, so Lucida would get my vote. I do not know what would be easier for you to wear, I have a tough time with high, prongy rings.

Violet, would you be able to post pictures of your friend''s ring with the bands?
Shoot. I wish i could - i don''t have any, and i am not sure when i will see her to get some! She has three bands (i think diamond baguette, ruby/diamond, and sappire/diamond) and usually she wears one on either side. They sit completely flush with the ring, and because the rings are fairly dainty (mm-wise) it looks great with the substantial size of the shank of the ering....very beautiful! having said that, i am sure the tiff classic style is lovely as a ring to stack things next to (clearly from all the PS evidence). Either way, i am sure you can''t go wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results