shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm in (Cartier) Love... and everything's all screwed up ;-)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many puns currently running through the cornball brain of Pinto Bean!!!

DH wanted to know what I wanted for our second anniversary. Nothing... Really? yeah... ARE YOU SURE? well... there is a little something something that I am just so obsessed with... and yeah, it's pricey, but, it could be like Anniversary, Christmas, Birthday and Valentine's Day all rolled up across 8 years worth of gifts... :Up_to_something: :wall: :silenced:

DH: "Sure... but you'll still want something."
PB: "I'll take a $25 GC to Starbucks or Nordstrom if you insist on gifting me something on those ocasions in the near future..." :dance: :dance: :dance:

So... there's a lot more of me to love in my 30s then there was in my 20s, and one of my biggest fears was walking into Cartier and having an embarrassing moment where I just can't fit into the largest size... So I donned my "armor"... I wasn't about to change my uniform because I wear what I wear...but the armor was a must...the 1.4+ ctw milgrain bezel studs, my JLC reverso, 5-stone IDJ on my left ring finger, and my ERD yellow cushion halo E-ring on the right. Mind you, the rest of me, hair casually pulled back, no make-up, some chapstick, a long sleeved Lucky brand t-shirt, and khaki-green G Vanderbilt shorts with sweatpant type elastic waist from Costco and black flip flops from god knows where. It's my hobo-chic? HAHAHA! DH is typical DH off work uniform - jeans, polo shirt, conductor's hat...

Also, this particular Cartier had AWFUL reviews on yelp - 1 star... So my armor was also protecting me from potential bad customer service.

When we got there, we walked around a bit, and then the loveliest Cartier SA approached us. She measured me. I'm an 18! Woot! And that's not the biggest size, either!!! (feeling so slender...) ;-)

But... the return policy was rather prohibitive. Return ONLY to this boutique for exchange or credit to ONLY this boutique. I checked online, and the e-boutique lets you return to ANY Cartier boutique for exchange or credit...

The SA offered to put it on my wrist, but IF she did it then and there, she would have to mark the slip FINAL SALE! I was like, WTF? But she kept emphasizing that I could come back any time for them to take it on/off and tighten for me. Ding ding ding... "So I can walk out right now and walk back in and it won't be final sale and you can put it on for me?" She laughs, and says, of course! WOWOW... :-o

BUT you can only exchange the bracelet if it has no scratches - in re-saleable condition. Not one scratch. TO me that was extreme since they do offer re-polishing service at a cost.

So we purchased, went for a walk, came back in, and another SA helped us. The tester band/sizer was thinner so it felt looser than the bracelet on. I started having doubts about the size, so they brought out a 19 for me to try on and have peace of mind. it was definitely looser and would go past my wrist and hit my palm. That's a no no for me because i rest my palm on my laptop. So 18 it is... and I'm exercising too so that the rest of me can match my slim wrist :razz:.

Ooo by the way, when I went back in to get my bracelet screwed on, one of the SA's admired my ring and asked if it was Tiffany's. No... it's custom from NYC. ;-) (It's custom, lady, even MORE special...) <-- internal dialogue only...

So enough of my yada yada ... I babble when I'm excited. Just a few shots.image_2162.jpg
image_2161.jpg
image_2160.jpg

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Re: I'm in (Cartier) Love... and everything's all screwed up

:love: :love: :love: I covet the Cartier love as well!!! So happy for you! What color metal did you get RG or YG? I can't tell from the pictures! I love your story too! :D

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so envious -- it's awesome!! Congrats to you, PintoBean!! :appl: :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

valmanin said:
:love: :love: :love: I covet the Cartier love as well!!! So happy for you! What color metal did you get RG or YG? I can't tell from the pictures! I love your story too! :D

Thank you Valmanin! It is in fact the yellow gold! I tried on the rose gold as well, and found their rose gold alloy less pink, so in the Cartier store lighting, the rose gold looked very close to the yellow gold.

msop04 said:
I'm so envious -- it's awesome!! Congrats to you, PintoBean!! :appl: :appl:
Thank you msop04!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that looks fabulous! :love: So elegant and sleek, it looks amazing on you! How wonderful to get a piece you've had your heart set on, I'm happy for you! Enjoy it! :appl:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! Oh My GOSH! I so want one of these!!! :D Please post more pictures for those of us who want to live vicariously! :D :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pinto Bean, love your story and your gorgeous new bracelet!!

Yay!!! Congratulations! Yes, this piece is on my bling bucket list (must go update now...).

It looks lovely on you. Wear the heck out of it. :appl: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pinto Bean. It looks beautiful on you! I also would love one. Please post more pictures.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock

This post made my morning! It looks incredible. I am green with envy!

Congratulations on your latest acquisition!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on your anniversary...what a generous DH you have! The bracelet looks gorgeous on you and for sure matches the rest of your "armour"! ;)) Wear it for many years in much health and happiness! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Ekkkkkk Pinto welcome to the Cartier Love club!!!! I absolutely adore my LOVE- it is one of my favorites pieces. I would give up my ering before my Love! And you bought at a good time before the next price hike which I heard is in September!!

It is stunning on your wrist and girl!!!!!! A size 18 is pretty normal! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

It's a beauty!!! I've always loved those bracelets and yours looks particularly gorgeous with that amazing ring =)

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous :love:
I want one of these so so bad!!!!
Looks fabulous with your incredible ring :drool:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock

Totally have been eyeing this bangle... I'm obsessed! It's beautiful- congratulations!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yay for you, PintoBean!! YAY!! and it looks wonderful on you (loving your pink polish!!!) Happy 2nd anniversary, too!

I totally get the 'armour' thing - that's how I feel when I don't have my "full dress jewels" on!! lol - I feel like I am missing my superpowers or something when I don't have my bling on!! :lol: Weird, but... there we have it :praise:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

I love this bracelet! I have been wanting one s rose gold forever! Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a nice anniversary gift! Looks great on you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love this post - I can *feel* your giddyness through your words :appl: And goodness, that is definitely an anniversary gift to be excited about!!!

It looks fantastic on you - I love Cartier's YG ::) And it goes beautifully with your "armor"! I'm laughing: one of our daily passwords contains the word "armor" - I'll be thinking of your sparkly today! :bigsmile:

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations! I LOVE LOVE~~~~~ the Love bracelet. hehe. And your cushion halo ring is gorgeous! Both look fabulous on you!
Happy 2nd Anniversary!

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock

What a great story! Looks awesome on you. :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awww... Thanks guys for all the kind words!!!

I haven't had a chance to get a sweat band yet for working out, but for the time being, I've adapted an old sock DH was about to toss. I cut the top off for my wrist, and tied a knot on the balance of the sock to give to my furbaby 2.0. She is the funniest kitty and loves carrying around socks in her mouth while wailing aiiieee aiieee aiiieee...usually during the most inopportune times, like the middle of the night.

I've donned my little sock top when putting and pulling laundry in/out of the washer and dryer.

image_2219.jpg
image_2220.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Your Love is gorgeous! Looks great on you too :appl:

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock

Haha I TOTALLY armor up as well, that part of your story cracked me up :) The bracelet looks gorgeous on you, I've have the YG too... I originally used a sweatband while working out but over time my love magically got scratches no matter how careful I was, so I just let it go haha. Wear it in good health!

Nicoleangela

Rough_Rock

Beautiful. I have two and I never get tired of looking at love pics. :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

I covet this, exactly like yours in YG :Up_to_something: It looks so rich and cool and fab on you :appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooooh, beautiful! It goes so well with your yellow diamond :D

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock

It's gorgeous and looks lovely on you. I am still laughing reading your post :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results