shape
carat
color
clarity

I LOVE My Sparkly: Top 5 Reasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who doesn''t love a nice opportunity to post ANOTHER great picture of your beloved sparkly (e-ring or other) & bragsies a little bit ''bout your beauties!

Who wansta start?

The TOP FIVE reasons I love *this* ring!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee hee .. okay I''ll go ... pix is my avatar:

TOP FIVE REASONS I LOVE *THIS* RING

1. Reminds me I get to spend the rest of my life with my Sweetie
2. It''s an ASSCHER!
3. Deco-ish-delicious-ness
4. Amazing flow & finish
5. More carat weight than I ever expected I''d have

Anyone else?? Anyone else???

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
1- i''m engaged & gonna marry the perfectforme guy!
2- it''s way bigger than i thought possible (gotta love a J SI2!)
3- i feel like i have the most fabulous cut diamond ever
4- it''s was an awesome experience with my honey, fun to learn and research and pick out, etc.
5- it''s mesmerizing

**in no specific order

mylittlearrow2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I can only post one picture?? hehe but I have 200!!
31.gif

Ummmm....okay my top 5 reasons though it was really hard to think about 5 actual reasons beyond anything like 'it's purty'.
5.gif

1) It's got a big honking well-cut rock!
30.gif

2) Massive sparkles from every angle. icy white!!
3) Fits my personality to a tee.
4) Greg loves it as much as I do which I secretly like.
5) It's very photogenic...and loves hiding in flowers.
31.gif

new bauble zc a.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Only 5 reasons??

1) It reminds me that my husband wanted to give me my dream ring at no cost
2) It sparkles like mad!!!
3) Very photogenic, and if it gains the "10 lbs" the camera adds? MORE POWER!!
4) I stare at it daily, if not every minute
5) Have I mentioned I loved my ring???
30.gif
30.gif

IMG_X1308_1.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. It''s simple, yet it continually delights me in different ways
2. The cushion has such personality to me. I''m glad there are no personality clashes between us and we get along!
3. Heavy on my finger...I definitely feel taken! I can fend off creepy men with it. (Actually creepy men often know no boundaries.
20.gif
)
4. Looks substantial on me. (Repeat to self: must retain finger diet regimen to maintain lovely illusion.
3.gif
)
5. Wearable...goes with everything and I never feel self conscious wearing it...diamonds and flip-flops, gotta love it!

But the main reason: It''s a reminder of the fact that he got to do the once-in-a-lifetime "Will you marry me" and I got to say the once-in-a-lifetime "YES!!!"

IMG_1299aa.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. It reminds me that DH wants to make me happy, even though he still doesn''t understand my obsession with diamonds.
30.gif

2. The diamonds are "alive" -- they dance, glow, and shimmer. Well-cut stones are nice.
3.gif

3. Double-claw prongs and fine workmanship.
9.gif

4. Simplicity and cleanness of the design.
5. Finger coverage.
9.gif

1ontoilet1.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
1. It''s a 3rd generation legacy I get to wear every day and makes me feel like I have a little of my aunt with me--and that even if I never got engaged or had another ring, she wanted me to have THIS stone and knew how much I would cherish it.
2. It''s my first real jewelry project and it makes me feel great that it turned out even better than I could have hoped.
3. Um hello, it''s GORGEOUS and SPARKLY!!!!!!!!
4. I adore antique styles and I feel like I have a piece of architectural design on my hand--it is so ME!!
5. Sweet Mesmerizing OCTAGONAL HALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FILAGREE!! ENGRAVING!! TEENY SAPPHIRES!!!! Milgrain and Beads!!!!

zring%20022.jpg

cdsparkley.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. I love my "ICY WHITE" D pear.
2. I love the teeny tiny shank and halo.
3. I love that it''s a 1.5 ct and looks like so much more on my big ole finger.
4. It frequently astounds me with its many looks in different lighting, including my favorite, the ''glow from within'' thing it does very frequently.
5. It reminds my that DH just wants me to be happy and he loved the ring when it was done.

1.gif

fgpearfav.jpg

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
1. It reminds me of my fiance every time I look at it.
2. It keeps me company while I sit thru 4 hours of bar review lectures every morning and 10 hours of studying every afternoon.
3. It always raises my spirits when I look at it, even when I am exhausted or moody.
4. It''s making photography fun again!
5. It looks stunning no matter where I am
30.gif

sparkly4-vi.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
1. It reminds me how lucky I am to have found someone to spend the rest of my life with
2. I love how my FI spent so much money on it to make me happy
3. I love how the diamond is a great cut - looks ICY WHITE and sparkles like crazy
4. It can go anywhere and everything with me
5. I never get tired of looking at the diamond and I love how big it looks on my small finger

ering.1.23.CD.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
1. The chunky facets add to its vintage feel.
2. It has diamonds from every angle, all over the place!
3. It is thin and dainty.
4. It is the perfect style for me.
5. It makes me think of my husband, who is always so sweet to me.

lizz599595.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully, the picture will come out okay.

I love my sparkly because-
- I waited so long to finally get it.....

-It is perfect for me

-No one has one exactly like it

-It''s beautiful and sparkly

-It represents 10 years of hardship, compromise and commitment with my DH
2.gif

IMG_0939 1.jpg

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh...

1. Makes me happy to imagine my baby researching diamonds until he found the perfect one for me. Awwwww!
2. It''s blinding. Winks at people from across the street!
3. I love being "taken" and giving guys the "finger" when they get too close
4. It is always illuminated -- reminds me of the love we share
5. It''s classic and I will never get tired of the style.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo...I knew I like this website and all you nice people.

1. Reminds me of when he asked me to marry him. (Was so sick when asked. I joke that he was asking me because it could''ve been near end for me.
23.gif
Doctors didn''t know if it was my appendex or what. L.O.L.)
2. I didn''t get a ring at first, but we went together. We didn''t have much funds, (I helped pay) he wanted me to get a ring because he knew I wanted one.
3. Amazing how much it sparkles even though it was tiny.
4. When I look at it, I''m reminded of all the ups and downs I faced, and knowing my man was always there for me.
30.gif

5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, all rings.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. It reminds me of the moment I just knew DH had the ring in his possession - he SKIPPED to the bedroom after brushig his teeth that night.
2. It''s an Asscher, and I know he spent an amazing amount of time designing the ring and searching for the diamond.
3. Reminds me of the moment that he asked me to be his wife, and I said yes (not that it was a surprise, since the wedding was pretty much booked and paid for already).
4. People ask me everyday what it is. I spend plenty of time everyday just looking at it.
5. I never, ever thought I would want a solitaire, but there is absolutely nothing like it out there, and now I can''t imagine anything else on my hand!
30.gif

IMG_0829ps.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
All of those are stunners!!!

1. I never thought I would have something like this, surpasses what I ever thought I would own
2. I love the elegance of the stone, simple but powerful and clean
3. I love the classic setting, I know I will never be tired of it even if I admire other settings here and in life
4. I know my dh did it out of love though he thinks I am a bit nuts (what else is new?)
5. I like that it is from Tiffany''s (no tomatoes please!)

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
hmmm... Five? Pretty sure I can do that.

1. It''s from Tiffany''s, and I''m crazy about Tiffany''s!!!
2. It''s shininess distracts other students in class, hehehehe
3. Reminds me of how much my man loves me... I was willing to get a cheaper ring, but he knew that I was in love with the Tiffany''s one and got it even though it was a little out of budget!!
4. I get to feel like a rich girl instead of a poor student when I go into Tiffany''s and ask them to clean my ring.
5. One of the most important reasons... it reminds me of what I''ve been through. We had started diamond shopping a year earlier, when I started to get swelling in my hands. Turned out I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis (not fun at 23). My fingers were too swollen for a year to fit a ring on, so we waited, luckily I found the right treatment, am now nearly symptom free, and get to wear a sparkly ring on my normal sized finger every day!! And while we were waiting for my finger to return to normal size, the budget grew and grew, so I could get that Tiffany''s!!

162775760_e82195b51b.jpg

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
pix is my avatar

1. i love that i was resourceful (Ok, ok, frugal!), brave enough to consider second hand diamonds, and smart enough to do all the homework. I earned that sucker! thanks books and pricescope!
2. i love the wrap; i worked hard a full year to earn it on layaway at helzberg.
3. i love that i stare at it all day long.
4. i love that it stops people in their tracks.
5. i love that way each piece is symbolic of learning to teach. the pear is my first academic year, the hardest! the wrap is the second academic year - things got better.
6. i love the strong blue fluorescense of the center stone.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Every time I look at it I am reminded of the wonderful man I am going to marry, and the lengths he went to to surpise me with a ring beyond my wildest expectations and dreams
30.gif

2. The diamonds are magnificent, white and FIREY
3. For a girl my age (24 now, 23 when engaged) it''s above average size where I live, so it attracts many oohs and aahs. Which I just hate
2.gif

4. It''s classic, timeless and a style that will never, ever date
5. It''s real shiiiiiiney and puuurdy
41.gif

Here she is with her split wedding ring cousins. Happy family!

EROnAngleAndi.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just loving all these glamour shots of everyone''s pet rocks!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Cute idea for a thread Deco!!! The top 5 reasons I love this ring are:

1. It symbolizes 29 years (as of this Sunday) of marriage to a wonderful man.
2. It has incredibly sparkly ideal cut diamonds.
3. It is NOT yellow gold.
4. I always get compliments when people notice it.
5. It reminds me that hubby is still willing to let me upgrade after all these years!

HOFnew3stone.jpg

togal

Shiny_Rock

It IS a fun idea for a thread. Let''s see now......the top five for me are:
1. It''s readily accessible eye-candy, no matter where I am or what I''m doing, I always have something pretty to look at (let''s call it travelling eye-candy)
2. It shimmers and sparkles and gives me endless pleasure, especially during the long subway ride to and from work (I can admire it whilst pretending to read my novel) or during long, tedious meetings
emteeth.gif

3. It IS yellow gold (sorry Sundial...coudn''t resist throwing that one in!..
emwink.gif
)
4. It gives me endless excuses to purchase matching diamond jewellery....now that''s what I call value added!!
5. And last, but not least, it reminds me of the wonderful man I married many years ago, whom I''m lucky enough to call my best friend
emsmile.gif

nmring2.JPG

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 4:20:03 PM
Author: Sundial
Cute idea for a thread Deco!!! The top 5 reasons I love this ring are:

1. It symbolizes 29 years (as of this Sunday) of marriage to a wonderful man.
2. It has incredibly sparkly ideal cut diamonds.
3. It is NOT yellow gold.
4. I always get compliments when people notice it.
5. It reminds me that hubby is still willing to let me upgrade after all these years!

Happy Anniversary!!
21.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Togal and I really do love your jewelry even if it is yellow gold!!!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Cute thread!

Top 5 Reasons I Love My Sparklie:
1- It SPARKLES like mad! And sparkle is my favorite color, you know
2- I wanted a Tacori ring since I was in college, and now I have it
3- It symbolizes to me sacrifice and success on the part of DH and I
4- Everywhere I go, it gets ooohed and aaaahed over!
5- Most of all, it tells the world that I am taken by the most wonderful man in the world :)

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Great Thread Deco!

Top Five Reasons:

1. It is a symbol of the fact that my FI wanted me to have the exact ring I want, even though he didn''t think he''d like it at first. Of course, he loves it now!

2. It is an asscher, and therefore, pretty unusual in the nonPS world. It gets noticed by people and I like explaining the type of cut and that sort of thing.

3. It kind of art-deco-y, with the pave halo and the prong setting, which I love. Looks antique and modern at the same time.

4. It is so deep and symmetrical and has great flashes, I could (and do) stare at it for hours.

5. It is mine and we didn''t go into debt to buy it - but I still got a good sized stone that I don''t think I''ll want to upgrade!

ilovemyblingie.jpg

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
One reason only...

Reminds me of how much I still love the guy I married......and how fortunate I am to own such a beautiful ring!

maccy.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
1. Because as of last night, I finally have a ring to love!!!
30.gif

2. The Oval shape... unique, but both our moms happen to have them too!
3. Will always remind me of my perfect proposal in the rain...
4. It is everything I dreamed of and more... and I''m picky, so that''s saying something!
5. Because it will be on my finger when I wake up again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day....
31.gif

6-8-06Ering1b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results