shape
carat
color
clarity

I got a picture!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decapr

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your kind replies to my morning post concerning my upgraded wedding rings. I actually got some clear pictures so you can see what it looks like on my hand. Tell me if you think it''s too showy or if I should move the e-ring to my right hand...I also posted this picture in the old thread :) It sure looks like allot of diamonds (amazing what the sides will do and a diamond wedding band!)...the ering is .68 on the sides and .88 center. the wedding ring is 1 ctw with 5 stones. My finger is a size 4......

jappa3.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I really like it !!! I don''t think it is to showie!!! LOOK FAB

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them together! But ultimately you''re the one that has to feel comfortable, and you may feel differently depending on the day! I do think the set looks gorgeous, but if at any time you''re feeling too ostentatious, just flip one to the other hand.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are breathtaking rings! They look PERFECT together. Don''t change a thing!

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
10.gif
so bright and sparkly! I do not think it''s too much for one hand. I think the two bands together look terrific!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
They are spectacular rings and I don''t think they are too showy at all. There is certainly nothing wrong with wearing the engagement ring on your right hand if that makes you feel more comfortable though.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful set of ring !!
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous set but you need to feel comfortable wearing. I love it..

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!

Lotsa sparkle!

Absolutely beautiful set!

I still think you can wear one on each hand and it will look divine.
But you certainly don''t HAVE to break up the two rings because it is too showy.
They look very beautiful together- sorry but it''s gonna be eye-catching, can''t avoid it!!
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they look fabulous together!!! Do what''s comfortable for you. I got a large eternity band from Facets, and thought it might be too much with my ring. But after wearing it for a while, I sooo got used to it!!
3.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
ohh, it''s just beautiful!! thank you for the hand pics!
I would wear them together, but it is totally about what makes you feel comfortable.

Out of curiousity, what city/state do you live in? I have relocated to southern Ontario (canada) and here, no one has a 1 carat or above ring, and definately no diamond bands...so mine, is not the norm, but it doesn''t bother me... just wondering what it is like where you live!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It looks very pretty, not too much at all.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. The set looks great stacked!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I agree that they look great together!

Ultimately, though, you need to be comfortable with them. Since Pricescope is a slightly biased board (we do love our diamonds), it might be a good idea to ask your husband and/or a trusted friend. As Sophie pointed out, common sizes and styles vary by region, and what''s considered quite modest for some circles in NYC might be showy in most areas of Canada.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow. I think they''re just beautiful together!
30.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
30.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/30.gif" border="0">

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
It''s perfect.....if I were you, I''d be so happy to wear that ring. It''s not too showy, its just fabulous. You just aren''t used to all the sparkle. Wait a few months of wearing it, it''ll break you in!

Jeannine

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
Oh, don''t worry! The set looks stunning and the sparkle is subtle and not too showy. Wear the rings with pride
35.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well I think it''s showy, but in a really, really good way. It gets noticed, but not in a "oh that''s too much", more like "wow!" So I would definitely not change the e-ring to a different hand. I love it. Just the right combination of lots of bling but tasteful!

decapr

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 11:12:38 PM
Author: Sophie
36.gif
36.gif
ohh, it''s just beautiful!! thank you for the hand pics!
I would wear them together, but it is totally about what makes you feel comfortable.

Out of curiousity, what city/state do you live in? I have relocated to southern Ontario (canada) and here, no one has a 1 carat or above ring, and definately no diamond bands...so mine, is not the norm, but it doesn''t bother me... just wondering what it is like where you live!
Thanks! I work in Washington, DC live in Northern VA. It''s very ''rich'' here...people drive expensive cars wear nice clothes/designer bags etc. It''s interesting b/c some of my neighborhood friends have large diamonds/sets and the others just have what I had a modest 1ct or less with a gold band. I really wanted plantinum which drove this whole upgrade. Now it just seems so nice (fragile too!) and blingy...which isn''t me at all but I do love diamonds! When I''m around my friends with nice big sets I feel fine, when I''m around the others I feel self-conscious. Such a conflict!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
decapr-

Could it be that you are a 'mix it up' kinda person?
There are some people who get their enagement ring, then they get their wedding ring and after that, no more changes!

I think that once a person has upgraded, it's hard to go back to a 'no changes' kind of approach.

I have a wedding band, an e-ring and an eternity ring.
I wear them in all combinations and, luckily I can also wear the eternity ring on the right hand when I feel like it.

So I was wondering, what if there was a way to re-size the ring to a 7, but have some kind of ring guard or something for when you want to wear it on the left hand stacked? You'd open your options.
I don't know anything about ring guards, though.....

Or would you rather pick one way to wear the set and stick with it?

I think I am just going to continue to expand my ring wardrobe and keep mixin' it up.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I think they look great, Decapr. Give it some time. I think you will feel more comfortable with the bling in a few weeks.
1.gif

I live in Southern Maryland (Calvert). I see VERY few big diamonds out here, and believe me, I get some popping eyeballs when I go to the grocery store wearing my wedding set (pear is 2.07 ct). There are occasions when I leave my pear halo at home just for that reason. When I head out your way and shop in Tysons, my rings are more the norm, and I fit right in.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results