shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you come up with your ring design?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering how you came up with your custom design. Did you give ideas to the designer? Did you let them come up with options?

We thought we knew what we wanted but after seeing so many beautiful designs - we are really at a lost. I want it all but can''t possibly put it all into one ring!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I should add that we are open to any ideas. I have come up with a design but my boyfriend thinks it doesn't look good and I tend to agree.

Below is my strange and contradicting wish list. I have linked images to the called out designs.

1) Really thin shank. Would like a split shank so it is a little different but not too obvious as I still love the elegance of a single shank. Think a split that is even less than Daniel K split crown.
2) Would like a halo but one that is not obvious (boyfriend hates it). Think Leon Mege Gina or Daniel K Rosebud.
3) Double claw prongs
4) Pave along the shank and crown

Other facts:
1) Ring size is 3 (will be making it 3.25)
2) Stone is a 1.52 cushion

Any ideas? I know there are some really creative minds on PS!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo I'd like to start by saying that I think your ideas sounds lovely, and they won't look weird at all once they are combined together.

Unfortunately though, I cannot concentrate much on your ring design because I AM CRACKING UP after reading the description on Mege's webpage regarding the Gina ring:

THE CENTER STONE IS NOT A DIAMOND!!!
It’s a CZ. Great for the upcoming recession.
High quality non-yellowing CZ cut with precision to imitate a diamond with high class and little budget.
The ring is made exactly like any high end diamond ring.
Same quality, same style. Your neighbors will be floored.
Best part - keep $20,000 in your pocket!
Even better part: When asked “Is that a real diamond?” you can always reply: “It’s Leon Mege ring. What do YOU think?”
Price is reduced to reflect falling oil prices and stock market crash!

I looooove how Leon has turned into a economist.

My lord...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 4:54:14 AM
Author: somehowcollide
CharmyPoo I'd like to start by saying that I think your ideas sounds lovely, and they won't look weird at all once they are combined together.

Unfortunately though, I cannot concentrate much on your ring design because I AM CRACKING UP after reading the description on Mege's webpage regarding the Gina ring:

High quality non-yellowing CZ cut with precision to imitate a diamond with high class and little budget.
Even better part: When asked “Is that a real diamond?” you can always reply: “It’s Leon Mege ring. What do YOU think?”

My lord...
Oh my, LOL! usually I find his comedy disconcerting, but this is actually kinda funny..
“It’s Leon Mege ring. What do YOU think?”

Well, nobody can say the man doesn't have tickets on himself, lol..

Charmy, I also think your ideas sound lovely, my apologies I don't have more input as I bought a stock setting.
Do you have any pics of your fave elements you can share?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its also funny how he has only reduced that ring lol! The rest of the prices have stayed the same!
9.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock

My lord...

I was so tickled by his description!
9.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Thank you ThomperChik for your suggestion. The setting is nice but I am looking for something more delicate. I am way too picky

7.gif

By the way, I am loving all the cute doggie avators popping up on this thread. They are darling.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 11:01:51 AM
Author: gladyskristen

My lord...

I was so tickled by his description!
9.gif

Lol, I actually LOL''d at this. =D

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2008 12:09:39 PM
Author: CharmyPoo

Thank you ThomperChik for your suggestion. The setting is nice but I am looking for something more delicate. I am way too picky

7.gif

By the way, I am loving all the cute doggie avators popping up on this thread. They are darling.

I meant to comment on your avatar. What a cutie! Maltese? The reason why I am asking is because I have a Maltese too! They are the sweetest dogs!
1.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Cushioncut - That is my little sweetie Sparkle. I am absolutely obsessed with the breed and they are the best. Here is a photo of Sparkle with my other two girls - Cupcake and Jellybean. I would love to see a photo of your Maltese too!

MyGirls.png

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I finally got all my thoughts down on paper. Do you think this is too much to ask from a jeweler? I am open to any suggestions especially since my boyfriend isn''t big on the Leon Mege gina desing. It seems like I essentially want a Leon Mege ring but it is too late to go to him. I hope our designer won''t be offened by my multiple references to Leon Mege''s work.

RingSpecifications.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats a lot better than the ideas I sent to Whiteflash... yet they still made the ring exactly how I imagined it would!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your guide looks excellent. In my experience, our jeweler was happy to know that we (I) had a specific vision for the ring.

TO answer your original question--in the end, I tried on every ring I could find and found one that made me swoon. Then I took a picture and told my jeweler "I want a ring just like that, BUT with a few minor changes . . . "

Can''t wait to see what you end up with!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results