shape
carat
color
clarity

His antique heirloom cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

Well, with the help of Mrssalvo, you should be seeing one picture of the antique cushion (1.66 carats) very soon. More pics will follow; this is the only one we have right now.

This is a picture of the ring in its old setting (an empty setting that is sitting in my jewelry box right now). We all agree that this setting doesn''t do the center stone justice.

When the ring was first appraised, they said it was a round old european cut. Imagine our surprise when we saw that it was in fact a cushion!!!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I wanna seeee!!!
12.gif

Are you planning to get the center stone reset?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here it is
1.gif

roxy7antiquering.jpg

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh, it''s GORGEOUS! It almost looks like an old mine cut to me, but it could just be the angle. What are the specs on it?

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments. To be honest, we know that the clarity is good but are currently unsure of the color. We are getting GIA certified before it is reset into a beautiful, three sided pave ring with a small halo.

I will share more photos with you as I find them.

I love how it reflects so many blue colors. It truly has so much character. It does resemble an old mine cut in a way b/c those are mostly cushions, doesn''t it? We heard it was OEC from 1900-1920, though.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 10:52:23 AM
Author: roxy7
Thanks for the compliments. To be honest, we know that the clarity is good but are currently unsure of the color. We are getting GIA certified before it is reset into a beautiful, three sided pave ring with a small halo.

I will share more photos with you as I find them.

I love how it reflects so many blue colors. It truly has so much character. It does resemble an old mine cut in a way b/c those are mostly cushions, doesn''t it? We heard it was OEC from 1900-1920, though.

uh-oh, you better hope widget doesn''t find out you''re planning on resetting it out of that goreous antique setting
2.gif
. I can''t be too hard on you b/c I reset my OEC too
1.gif
. the new setting sound fabulous. what are you going to do with the old setting? keep it I hope??

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Mrssalvo -- yes, Boyfriend is way to sentimental to give up the setting. We discussed one day putting an emerald or other kind of stone in there. What do you think would look pretty with those marquise side stones?

As for the new setting, all i can say is think art of platinum for the details. Three sided pave, very thin and delicate halo, detailed and (hopefully) impeccable.

I just wish I had it (with the new setting) on my hand RIGHT NOW!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s lovely, what a beautiful stone. Thanks mrssalvo. Yes you must keep the old setting. I would put a colored stone in it and wear it as a RHR. I can''t wait to see the halo setting for this gorgeous cushion.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see your gorgeous stone in a Leon setting! I have to say, I love the old setting too so I''m glad you''re going to use it as a RHR. I think a sapphire or aquamarine would look lovely in there. (but I love blue...
2.gif
)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh it is very lovely, I like the setting it is now. I cannot wait to see the setting you have designed.

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again, you guys. To be frank, I am pleasantly surprised that so many of you like the old setting. I kind of didn''t like it at first (it looks horrible on my short fingers). But then it thought a colored stone would be beautiful.

Matatora -- I know this is the wrong thread but your ring is BEE-OO-TIFUL.

Brightspot -- if you like aquamarines, keep posted because I have a RHR that is a very light blue topaz (looks like aquamarine) that will be posted in a couple of days (with mrssalvo''s help, i hope:)

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
You are so lucky. Keep telling yourself that. We give you permission. Can''t wait to see finished product and agree with the others...RHR for the empty setting. Anytime anyone tries to make you feel bad about your ring(or anything else) come to us.
28.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone and incredible setting. I''m glad you''ll be keeping the settting; there are so many pretty colored stones you can put into it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooooo, I love the ring as is!
39.gif
The stone is gorgeous and if you must
39.gif
change the setting then I agree that it will make a fantastic RHR!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one beautiful diamond and ring. I can''t wait to see it in its new setting.

shay

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to see the new setting! I really do love the one you have now too. What about a tanzanite in that setting? Sorry I''m kind of biased, b/c I really love purple. I was going to suggest aquamarine but since you have a blue topaz I would go with another color. Peridot would be pretty too.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I love the one in the photo too! the diamond''s gorgeous so i''m sure the new ring will be outstanding! looking forward to pics!
41.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, it took me a little while to respond because I think I passed out for a few minutes there!!!!
23.gif

That is one gorgeous stone!!! I cannot wait to see what it looks like in a halo...you are living my dream!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I love those antique rings and the diamonds too! Can''t wait to see it''s new home! I think a big pink stone would look awesome in the old setting!

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 12:11:42 PM
Author: roxy7
Thanks again, you guys. To be frank, I am pleasantly surprised that so many of you like the old setting. I kind of didn''t like it at first (it looks horrible on my short fingers). But then it thought a colored stone would be beautiful.

Matatora -- I know this is the wrong thread but your ring is BEE-OO-TIFUL.

Brightspot -- if you like aquamarines, keep posted because I have a RHR that is a very light blue topaz (looks like aquamarine) that will be posted in a couple of days (with mrssalvo''s help, i hope:)
That''s funny you are surprised so many like the old setting. I love the old setting. It''s one of my favorite vintage settings I''ve ever seen!
30.gif
I''m curious to see what you end up putting in the old setting.
That being said...it is your e-ring and it should be re-set to your tastes. I can''t wait to see the finished ring...I''m sure you can''t either!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are a few more pics of miss roxy''s gorgeous heirloom ring.

antiqueheirloomnewset1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

roxy2heirloom2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

roxy7heirloom3.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

roxy7heirloom4.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

roxy7heirloom5.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

roxy2heirloom7.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here''s her RHR

roxy2rhr1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

roxy2rhr2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results