shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with 1895 Cartier solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jvs

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I was set to get a contemporary engagement ring (my bf and I are shopping together!) until I tried on the 1895 Cartier solitaire (the one with the plain band, 4 prongs). However we cannot afford the "real" thing. I was wondering if anyone could recommend either a good jeweler in the Boston area who would be williing to make a replica or a website that carries a nice reproduction. Thank you for helping!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I don''t know of any jewelers in the Boston area, but I do know that dirtcheapdiamonds.com has a nice replica of the Cartier solitaire. Here is the link. Hope this helps!!!
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting has become quite popular!

Would you consider ordering one online? No exact replica has been attempted (partly because there seems to be some gain from personalizing custom designs) but several rings talked about on this forum have been inspired by the one you mention.

There are several interpretations - I believe - among the ''finished work'' pages at Icestore.com. You might want to take a look.

And Wink turned out one along the lines recently if you would consider:

my_radiant_ring.jpg

jvs

Rough_Rock
Thanks that seems fairly similar. It is hard to see is the band get thinner as is gets closer to the diamond though....

jvs

Rough_Rock
I would consider ordering online onl if i could get better pics than what i have seen so far. The link that bling diva posted seems to have something close, but again , hard to be certain.

Bev

Shiny_Rock
What kind of stone does wink have in that setting?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sorry it would not let me open the attach file thing last time, here is a picture of the ring found on Better Than Diamond but it will use real diamonds in the setting, they also carry the 1922 setting and it is available now.

pegbasket.jpg

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
I''m pretty sure that Whiteflash has done a custom version of the diamond set band and they have a line called Finelines by Le which has a great copy of the plain band with 4 prongs.

Cartier by LE.jpg

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Compare against the cariter 1895 with 4 prongs....

cartier 1895.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2005 12:19:05 PM
Author: jvs

I would consider ordering online onl if i could get better pics than what i have seen so far.
At least some jewelers provide detailed CAD drawings and pictures of the wax (if the piece will be cast) so that you do get a fair amount of controll over the design process.

The ring from BTD does not seem very close to the original - it has a replaceable head instead of the basket setting of Cartier.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2005 12:17:21 PM
Author: jvs
Thanks that seems fairly similar. It is hard to see is the band get thinner as is gets closer to the diamond though....
There are more detailed pictures on the original thread. The band does not tapper... but this is a small detail and the ring is custom work, so if it should it could
1.gif

Btw, here's the ring in the picture above on the maker's website

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arrrrgh! did it again.... I thought you were talking of a different ring, not the one in the currentCartier collection.
7.gif

Actually, the correctuon makes things easier. Take a loon on This Thread for this:

custom_j_%20ring.jpg

A closer match to the original could be had if the ring is handmade (IMO). I am not sure though if that would trully make a difference for you, except for the cost - many find the flowing contours of a well-finished cast piece more pelasing to begin with.

CRT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results