shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!!! Tiffany E-ring

wade

Rough_Rock
I am looking for advice about the Tiffany E-ring. Please help! My budget is 10K, therefore all the possible choices are 9k+ before tax. Regarding the setting, I am not sure about Tiffany setting and Harmony. With the same carat, Tiffany setting looks much bigger. But I like the shape of Harmony. Another concern is color. Previously, I limited to above G. But, I am not sure if H and I are still fine. The SA gives me five choices, could you please give me some advice? Thank you very much!

Tiffany setting,
1. .85, G, VS2, $9400
Harmony setting,
2. .87, G, VS2, $9950
3. .81, H, VS1, $9450
4. .87, I, VS1, 9150
5. .80, H, VS2, $9050.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wade,

Glad to see you are seeking wise advice on this forum! I wish my husband had done so long ago!

Tiffany is very classic in style, but you really pay a premium for the Tiffany brand.

What kind of diamond are you buying? In terms of color, if a stone is well cut, the color almost doesn't matter u less the person wearing it very sensitive to the diamond being more vanilla colored and is bothered by it. I have an oval J and the warmth of the J doesn't bug me at all.

There are many vendors mentioned on Pricescope that can create settings with Tiffany models inspired and therefore you don't need to pay the Tiffany premium and then some vendors can really help you choose a beautiful stone without the Tiffany premium also. Unless your partner is set on the Tiffany brand....

It is hard for us on Pricescope to select one of the options you mentions with no pictures and further details of the diamond... color and size is not enough infor selection.

If you really must select out of these 5, I would honestly say to pick the one that you feel looks the beat... the shiniest diamond of them all... and look at the diamond in various lighting conditions if possible

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely go with the Classic Tiffany setting. I don't think that Harmony setting looks all that great, and plus, it just doesn't look like Tiffany to me like the classic one does. So in that respect, it makes the choice obvious.

But to add to what has already been said, most of us here would not buy a Tiffany ring without seeing the diamond report, because their diamonds are all nice, but some are better than others. If I am paying their price, I want the best possible diamond.

I am one who has a beautiful Tiffany repro setting and it was originally set with an ideal cut stone equal to or better than one from Tiffany. If the blue box is important to her and she'd rather have that than a larger stone, then you are on the right track. But as the previous poster said, you can get a larger diamond of equal or better quality with the same style setting for the same price.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I am a huge fan of investing in a signed piece. You may also want to consider an estate Tiffany ring, where you can get a signed Tiffany piece (often with papers, box, and Tiffany valuation letter. At $10K you can probably find a larger stone at a generous discount off current retail. Just something to consider as I think you can find a nice 1ct+ Tiffany ring in your price range. Tiffany will stand behind an authenticate piece, even if you're not the original owner.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RandG|1402236721|3688814 said:
I am a huge fan of investing in a signed piece. You may also want to consider an estate Tiffany ring, where you can get a signed Tiffany piece (often with papers, box, and Tiffany valuation letter. At $10K you can probably find a larger stone at a generous discount off current retail. Just something to consider as I think you can find a nice 1ct+ Tiffany ring in your price range. Tiffany will stand behind an authenticate piece, even if you're not the original owner.

I also agree with this idea. Just get one that is in great condition, very close to her size, and take it to Tiffany to have them polish it to look like new before giving it to her. Only let Tiffany do any work to it such as sizing or polishing.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the Tiffany setting over the Harmony setting, but for a different reason.

The Tiffany setting allows easy access to the pavillion for a quick cleaning with liquid soap and a toothbrush.
The Harmony setting is a basket setting making such operation more difficult.

My Tiffany Fancy Yellow has a basket setting and it is driving me crazy that I can't easily clean it like I do with my e-ring.

As far as your choices above, I would stick with a VS2 unless you or your future bride have an eagle eye. It just think that
represents a better value than a VS1 where inclusions are not visible to the naked eye under either clarity.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would prefer the solitaire personally. It's more classic AND more versatile. You can put more band options with it.

Do you have the information on each of these stones to see which is the best cut? Just because it's Tiffany doesn't automatically make it well cut. A well cut H or I will look amazing, though. The I VS1, assuming it is well cut, would be my choice.

See if you can get the table percentage, depth percentage, crown angle and pavilion angle (ANGLE not percent if possible) from the SA you're working with and we can help weed them out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results