shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose a wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
So we did our first couple rounds of wedding band searches... and I have 3 possible contenders. Feedback please!
36.gif

I LOVE the look of this first one... but it is an invisible-setting and apparently has been discontinued because the manufacturer was getting some complaints about stones coming loose. The jeweler said they haven''t personally had any problems, but has anyone else had any experience with this kind of setting?

EphBand1.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
This one is an eternity band... but the bar-setting is what I like, because they match the little bar-set bits on the outsides of my sidestones. Also, Signed Pieces has a half-eternity bar-set band that looks very similar, but with slightly smaller stones... which might be a good option...

I'm a size 5.25 and this is probably a 6 or so, so it might look a little clunkier on me than the correct size would?

EphBand2.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
This one is a half-eternity... and prong-set, but with the two little prongs in between each stone very close together...

(Same sizing issue as the one above... maybe a little clunkier than it would be if it were sized correctly?)

Any thought on the size of the stones themselves as compared to the other 2 options?

EphBand3.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Band #1 close-up:

EphBand1b.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Band #2 close-up:

EphBand2b.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Band #3 close-up:

EphBand3b.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I really like how the first band looks with your ring. It goes together well. But if they say that they had problems with the stones and you don''t feel comfortable with that, then my second choice would be the bar set. I know most people have the one with the prongs, but I just love the look of the bar. Plus I have a bar set and I think it''s wonderfully different!
30.gif

nortia

Rough_Rock
Hi, your ring is beautiful and I have to say I Love, love, love the first band!
30.gif
It looks like it was made just for your ring. The others are pretty of course, but the first one stands out to me so much more! Good luck choosing!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE #3.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for band 2 or 3. I wouldn''t want the hassle of the first band if you know there have been issues with it.

While bar set eternity bands are not my favorite way to do an eternity band, I think it looks good with your ering considering there are bars on the sides of your ering!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
I love the first one. but if there is problems with the setting ( and you worry about it)
personaly,I love tiny prong eternity as it look diamond floationg.
I would go #3. it''s look small prong from the picture.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I like # 2- I think it looks the best with your e-ring. Very pretty!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re all very pretty ... but somehow don''t look "balanced" with your e-ring. Maybe because the visual weight of the E-ring is in the center ...and the eternity wedding bands have a thicker weight all the way across ...drawing the eye wider than the e-ring. Does that make sense?

I almost feel like something with *gasp* smaller diamonds might work even better. A band of diamonds that would be as narrow as the "band" part of your e-ring.

But that''s just me!
20.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love band #2, then #1...they are both gorgeous and look perfect with your ring!!
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
With your e-ring I would go with band 2

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I like band 2.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 10:27:54 PM
Author: decodelighted
They''re all very pretty ... but somehow don''t look ''balanced'' with your e-ring. Maybe because the visual weight of the E-ring is in the center ...and the eternity wedding bands have a thicker weight all the way across ...drawing the eye wider than the e-ring. Does that make sense?

I almost feel like something with *gasp* smaller diamonds might work even better. A band of diamonds that would be as narrow as the ''band'' part of your e-ring.

But that''s just me!
20.gif
I agree. I even feel like maybe NO diamonds would be nice...a small thin platinum band. I dunno...I think your ring is so pretty, I wouldn''t want to detract from it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i like #1 but maybe with a tad smaller diamonds.
i love how the diamonds end and you get to see the metal band. it mimics the e-ring in that manner.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re all very pretty ... but somehow don''t look ''balanced'' with your e-ring. Maybe because the visual weight of the E-ring is in the center ...and the eternity wedding bands have a thicker weight all the way across ...drawing the eye wider than the e-ring. Does that make sense?

I almost feel like something with *gasp* smaller diamonds might work even better. A band of diamonds that would be as narrow as the ''band'' part of your e-ring.

But that''s just me!
20.gif

I agree with deco.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Do you plan on wearing your wedding band alone at all? I like all three, but three is my fav.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock

But that''s just me!
20.gif

Date: 9/14/2006 11:34:22 PM
Author: TravelingGal

I agree. I even feel like maybe NO diamonds would be nice...a small thin platinum band. I dunno...I think your ring is so pretty, I wouldn''t want to detract from it.
Sacrilege on a diamond site... but I agree! I think a plain platinum band would look stunning. Let the lovely e-ring be the star!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Love the first- the size of the stones look perfect with your sidestones -but if there is a durability problem perhaps a 5 stone each the same carat weight as your sidestones...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like number one the best, it seems to sit the best with your e-ring. Those are really lovely bands. You could go with an eternity if you have smaller stones, that would make it less wide.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i think a plain platinum band. your ring is much too pretty to compete!

CT026

Rough_Rock
Hi- I think the first set is really lovely. I maybe biased though since I have a 5-stone wedding band myself. Anyway, you can''t go wrong with any of them, but my vote''s for #1!!
26.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I love one, but three is the next closest in style to one, and it would look good as a standalone when you travel.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
# 2 :) They are all beautiful :)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm, none of the 3 options really "do it" for me. I'm a fan of letting the e-ring shine center stage and the diamonds on all 3 bands seem a tad too big, especially #1 which completely overwhelms your e-ring, making it seem to "disappear." Maybe you could look into some smaller bands?

ETA -- I just read the whole thread and I guess I wasn't the only one with this opinion!
1.gif
(here I was, thinking I was such a rebel)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results