shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston Pic?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poorboy

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have a picture they could share of a Harry Winston round solitare. Specifically, I am curious as to how much of the cutlet shows - and am also curious to see how the split prongs look. Thanks in advance!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here is hammy''s 2.23

link

PICT0028a.JPG

PICT0032a.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here''s the signed pieces one
link

19814.jpg

poorboy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the picture. I think I would like it better if it had no baguettes, which I understand they do have.

Does anyone have a rough estimate of what a 2ct rb (no baguettes needed) e-ring from HW would cost? As for quality, I think the lowest they carry is F VS1, which is obviously more than adequate. Any help is much appreciated.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2006 11:07:41 AM
Author: poorboy

Does anyone have a rough estimate of what a 2ct rb (no baguettes needed) e-ring from HW would cost? As for quality, I think the lowest they carry is F VS1, which is obviously more than adequate. Any help is much appreciated.

50-ish. Not an awfully recent quote though.

There sould be solitaires w/o baguettes for you at the respective address: the most popular I think is a six prong basket setting - the closest thing of an 'icon' solitaire, although I don't think there i such thing from Winston as there is from Tiffany. Different advertising strategy, I guess.

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
We were quoted 40K for a 2 ct G VS2 cushion with bags, not too long ago. A round diamond would cost more - though the setting would be less - I would bet 50K is a decent guess.

Are you sure you need an F VS1? When I started looking I thought I needed that too, and I ended up with an I SI1 - I never once notice color in it, or clarity problems... If you''re going with HW, I''d suggest lowering your specs a little - maybe an H VS2 2 ct round would be a better choice.

Also, about 1 1/2 years ago, when I was looking for a stone, there was a poster on here who told her story about HW negotiating price. I think they came down considerably when her fiance, who had shown himself to be a serious buyer, stood up to leave. The fellow they were dealing with made a call, and then the price came down, just like that. You can probably prid her story by searching for Harry Winston - if you have the time. She describes it in detail -- so there is flexibility there if you play it right. Whereas with Tiffany there is none. I think her name "may" have been something like harlowqueen - though I could be wrong on that. She had a lovely asher.

Take care.

vs

Rough_Rock
Hi, Poorboy!

Valeria101''s estimate is pretty accurate. I was
quoted $55K for a 2ct E/VVS1 cushion cut
in the pave setting. I would think that a RB
(depending on cut/color/clarity) would cost
at least $45-55K.

I am currently looking at a 1.66ct (F/VVS1)
cushion cut in the pave setting. I have been
working with Lilly at the HW in Las Vegas
and she has been extremely friendly and helpful.
Their customer service is incredible!

Cushioncut is right...harlowqueen was able
to have 30% taken off of the ''sticker'' price
of her 2ct square emerald cut ering (this
was about 2 years ago).

Take care and good luck! Let us know what
you decide...
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen this Van Cleef 2.48 ct, F, VVS1

Description: "Here's a beauty! Signed VanCleef & Arpels NY #35064. Platinum 2.48ct New GIA certificate VVS2 F Very Good cut grade, medium blue fluorescence. 8.8mm x 8.89 x 5.23mm. Circa 1960's Wholesale priced. Size 6." $42K

WOWZA!

vancleef248.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
VS - Were you able to get a % discount working with Lilly from HW LV (a la HarlowQueen)?

DH and I are going to Vegas in mid-April and I already told him that I was dragging him to the HW boutique!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results