shape
carat
color
clarity

Good deals can be found on ebay - new e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I managed to wade through the junk, and actually found my e-ring upgrade on ebay. My husband and I went shopping local stores and decided what we wanted first (about a 3/4ct oval). I searched for about a month, and found one auction for a .93ct oval, no grading report but stated to be a H color SI clarity, in a yellow gold ring. This was from an individual seller with good feedback and a return policy. The pictures looked OK, so I bid, and won it. When it arrived the stone had a small crack in the side, and looked a tad warm in color. I told the seller, who claimed she didn''t know about the crack, and offered me a 50% refund or a return. I figured for the price after the refund I could see about having it enhanced or just put it in a pendent, so I took the refund. I took it out of the yellow gold mounting before sending it off, and man did it look whote! I didn''t realize the yellow gold really made that much difference in the diamond color. I sent it off to Leshem Diamond, and they were able to enhance it and did an appraisal. It came back as F color, SI2 after enhancement, and .94ct. It measures 7.48mm X 5.24mm, which seems average for it''s size. It sparkles like crazy and looks amazing, no visable inclusions, even the crack dissappeared.

Now I needed a ring to put it in. I sold the yellow gold mounting it came in, and started a new search on ebay. After just a few days I came accross a platinum Scott Kay setting that had originally held a round stone, but the prong shape was just begging for an oval. This was also from an individual seller who claimed it was from a failed engagement and was hardly worn. When I received it, it was perfect! They were hardly any scratches, and the double prongs were perfect for the oval. I had it mounted, polished, and sized, and now I have a beautiful e-ring for less than $1,000! We''ll probably upgrade the stone in another 5 years and make this one a pendent, but it''s perfect for now, and we love it.

Now, the pictures...
90b4ac47.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Side view, I love the graceful prongs! (sorry about the finger prints!)
a55ae862.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Side view, you can just barely make out the Scott Kay stamp. It looks authentic to me, I found this model online, and if it is a fake it''s a really good one!
3e25df92.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Close up shot of the stone. Sorry about the pictures, my scanner does better than my camera.
2216365f.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t decide if you''re a smart shopper or a brave shopper ... i guess BOTH! There must have been some heart-stopping moments in that journey, but WOW, what a great result!

CONGRATS!!!
36.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Closer hand shot. Any ideas for wedding bands? I went to BB&B to see if there was a matching Scott Kay band, they didn''t have one that seemed ment for it, the only thing I liked was a shared pring band.
323f6710.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
It was a bit nail-biting at times, but before bidding I emailed a lot of questions and got a bit of a feel for the sellers. I have had bad purchases before on ebay, I guess it was my time to be lucky
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well bravo on your bravado and shopping! I think a shared prong would look really nice with that ering!

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
See...when I hear stories like this it.....makes.....me......wanna..........go............look...........at...............ebay..................Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!......ahhhhg

ETA: oops, forgot to say, your ring looks gorgeous. And so white! I love the east-west setting.

Best,
LizzyD

widget

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It''s just lovely!

(It''s so nice to hear a happy ebay story....they''re so rare!)

widget

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a lovely ring--congratulations!

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your lovely ring and you ebay shopping.

tulip928
I like that band. Thinking that would go with that Tanzanite ring I saw that I might NEED!LOL

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Nice. I like the east-west setting style.
21.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you!!! It''s lovely!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on a beautiful ring and a very nice ebay find..

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 2:48:36 PM
Author: conitta
Congratulations on your lovely ring and you ebay shopping.

tulip928
I like that band. Thinking that would go with that Tanzanite ring I saw that I might NEED!LOL
Conitta - I found that ring you might need on the other thread and I agree completely.
26.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s lovely!! Ovals are sooo stunning!!!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful, i just love that ring''s side view, that''s a scott kay setting you say? looks like the vatche royal crown, i am off to see if i can find it on scott kay''s site..yum! savvy and patient you are!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Tulip, that''s exactly like the band I tried on at BB&B, but I don''t think I want an eternity, I like this 11 stone band they have though... http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=4000

Mara, the ring was bought in 2004, the style isn''t on the Scott Kay site any more, but it is on Pearlmans http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/scott-kay-jewelry/rings/36U1/18/ they show it with what looks like a beadset milgrained band, but I think the milgraining will wear on the prongs. It''d have to be a pretty low band to fit under the sides of the prongs and not rub.

We both wanted something different but simple, so we went sideways. It''s a big change from my original 1/2ctw yellow gold Zales marquis set. What can I say, that was 7 years ago and I was only 19 when I picked it out!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I got an 11 stone shared prong from Facets and I LOVE it! Mine is 60 pts - each diamond is about 5 pts., but I wear it on it''s own. With your size oval I think the band you''re looking at would be perfect.
1.gif
30.gif
1.gif

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
Great shopping! You gotta love a deal.. Congratulations on your engagement.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring. Great shopping and very resourceful! I think you should hire your ebay detective skills out!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
way to go! you really pulled it off! I love the easet-west in that setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results