shape
carat
color
clarity

Fueling the stacking ring craze...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Mine came in the mail today! It''s the same ring as sold on Overstock (stamps are identical in the photos), but I found it a tad cheaper on Target.com (I feel sooo weird posting something in SMTR that came from Target, but oh well).

Here''s the link: Stacking Bands at Target.com

I like it and I don''t. It''s a really pretty ring! The sapphires are very sparkly and it''s super fun. But, it''s a little too big and it sits somewhat higher than my w-band which is what I wanted to stack it with - I''m getting this weird orb effect.

Anyway - photos!

elmortstack1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m wondering in the picture above if I can ask my jeweler to shave off a little gold so it sits lower?

Next photo - the requisite flower shot - it''s raining and our flowers haven''t come up quite yet, so awful silk flowers are standing in (sorry!).

elmortstack2.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I can't seem to capture how really bright yellow the stones are IRL, either..my dining room has a really orangey tint to it (while those energy saving bulbs help the planet, they don't do much for lighting conditions!) and it's washing out the yellow color. I'll try to get outside pics tomorrow!

elmortstack3.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And here it is a little further out ---

btw, I was worried about the size because the description said it''s 1.5mm and my w-band is 1.7, but my w-band is clearly narrower, so I''m thinking the ring is probably closer to 2mm.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
....helps when you attach the picture
23.gif

elmortstack5.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Love the new band Elmorton! Never knew you could by them from Target!
*does the stacking ring dance*
party.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for looking! And if anyone has any insight as to whether I can have the inside top of the band shaved down a little to have it sit more evenly with my w-band, that would be awesome (and cost estimate would be fab, too!)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Haha, love the dance Love in Bloom! Thanks! I think we were posting at the same time :)

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I like the variety of ups n downs with the different rings! As a matter of fact, I''d buy another one and put it on the other side of your wedding band. My eternity band sits higher than my wedding set and I like it that way. Makes it interesting!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I would guess that you can have it shaved down (unless your jeweller sees that it would be a problem), but the issue is that if you did that, the ring would be too big. I really like it! I think it looks great! I''m off to check out Target...

Thanks for posting!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I didn''t think of that... Thanks NEL! It''s actually too big already - I''m guessing around an 8.5, because I think a 7 would probably be too small, so if I keep it (which I''m pretty sure I will), I''ll need to size it anyway.

Justjulia, Haha, believe me I thought of that!! Even though they''re pretty inexpensive, I promised DH no more jewelry for awhile, though. (We''ll see how long that lasts!)
4.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fun new band!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I like to stack bands. Hurray for Target!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, all!! It really is a fun little band for a splash of color - I wore it as an RHR today and liked that, too - it''s substantial enough to stand on its own.

But...on my way home, I dropped it off at my jeweler''s to be resized, so it will be another 2 weeks before I can add a "sunshine" photo this thread and capture its true color a little better. The jeweler also said he could take a little bit of height off of the gallery (it will still sit higher than my w-band, just a little less so) when he resizes it - yay! I think I''ll be 100% happy with it when that''s done
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I think the extra height will be fine especially if you put it in the middle of two lower bands.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Target? Wow...good deal!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
UPDATE! I just got my ring back from the jeweler''s! I''m SO happy with it now - he shaved down the gallery, and now it sits completely flush with my wband!

elmortstack21.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Meeting my e-ring...I probably won''t wear it this way, because I''m a little sentimental and want to wear my real w-band, but thought I''d post it in case anyone was ever thinking about a yellow sapphire band as a w-band - I think it looks really neat!

elmortstack23.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Last one - it''s raining today, so this is the best I could do to capture it in sunlight, but the stones are really SO vibrant and pretty IRL! :)

elmortstack26.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I thought it looked fantastic before, but now it looks even better! I love that the bands sit perfectly flush and are the same height--they really complement each other!!!

I keep *almost* buying this band--it''s on sale right now for $92 with free shipping...I keep thinking about doing yellow sapphires bezel set in yellow gold instead, but there''s no way I could get anything even close to that price. Argh!

I really love these bands!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Do it, do it!! :) I was the same way...I found some different styles that I really liked (like Coati''s vintage-y band - oh do I love that one!) but nowhere near the price of this little guy - I''m not very good at waiting, so this band works much better for me!

And...I don''t know how to tell DH this, but I really want a blue sapphire band now...ugh, they''re addictive!!!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the stack bands
30.gif
How were you able to decide on the color? I''m looking on their site now and I like all 4 colors.
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
How fun and what a great deal!!! It almost matches perfectly now that your jeweler shaved some of the inside out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results