shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY!!!!! Star ruby ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all...

This project has been in the works for MONTHS! I picked it up in SF today.

The original thread describing my finding this star ruby is in the Colored Gemstone Forum, entitled: "Star Gazing...." There was a wonderful, eyecandy filled thread about mounting options, which sadly had to be deleted at the manufacturer''s request. Thanks again and again to all you guys for your input and support!
30.gif

In general, I''m thrilled. Beautiful blingy antiquy ring, that looks and feels just right on my hand. The craftsmanship and detailing are astonishing.

There are some details about it that look different than I had expected....and I''m still trying to decide if I''m totally thrilled, or just sorta thrilled
20.gif

So, what do you think?
1.gif

widget

PS: Details, stats, etc later if anyone''s interested...

vcsr3021.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
whaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

more pics!! stats!! everything!!

widget!...let''s see it closer!

please
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, OMG!!! I adore this ring, wowza. Yummy to the max. Funny, I just PM''d you to see if you picked it up today as planned. Yay for you, it''s gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow
3.gif

the ovals are bigger than i was expecting.
10.gif
i should have known better!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How big are those ovals. They look amazing!!! Well worth the wait huh?? How are you feeling?? I bet a lot better now that you have this beauty!!! What a masterpiece, museum quality!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful! I love the setting you chose!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
OMG, WIDGET....

It''s stupendous. I''d be mega-thrilled. More close ups please. Wear it in the best of health.

36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
WOW WOW WOW WOW Pretty pretty pretty pretty. I think it turned out wonderfully. I love it!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
The ovals look way bigger than I was expecting too...hmm. They''re not certed, but according to the invoice they''re each .81cts, D, SI2. There are also 10 small diamonds, TCW: .23...

I''m still getting used to the face-up look of the ring. The framing of the different elements gives it a more ''chopped up look'' than I had been expecting....although it''s much less obvious in real life than it is in these closeup pics.

There is the teensiest milligraining on this ring that I have ever seen...almost invisible without a loupe!

1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Widget, it's absolutely stunning!!!! I'm so happy for you that you were finally able to pick it up. It's just breathtaking and I hope you believe it was worth the wait. I'm just worried you don't absolutely love it. May I ask what you are not sure about?

ETA: Ooops...posting at same time.......

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Well Widget, I think it is perfect! I love it!
30.gif
30.gif

Of course, I sadly don''t get to wear it on my finger, so if anything bothers you, I would definitely talk to the jeweler.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with rascal. If there are elements of the ring that you''re not happy with I would talk to the jeweler and have it fixed to your specifications. Did they send you cad images or pics along the way?? I know this ring has taken a long time to make and you should be thrilled with it. I love it, but you need to love it. Perhaps they can tweak it for you. You say it has a chopped up look to it. What looks choppy to you???

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, you guys..I don''t think the ring needs tweaking...I think I do!
5.gif

I always go through a period of adjustment at first. There is a difference between real life and whatever was floating around in my head for months. It''s like the ''dream ring'' takes on an aura that NO ring in real life could match! I should have waited a bit before posting...

Anyhoo, off to bed. I''m pooped. Sorry if i sound like a brat...I know it''s wonderful.

w

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing and unique ring. I think it is perfect, I love the ovals! I love the side view.....i really love it!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Widget, the ring looks great on your hand! Lovely!
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Widget, I have been circling the laptop for days waiting for this! It surely doesn''t sound half as crazy after the pictures finally came
5.gif

What a blast!

If you want some details tweaked left or right, I am sure it could turn out only at least as wonderful for any onlooker. Congratulations for finding the right house for the stone.
9.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Widget, your ring is beautiful. incredibly unique. Congratulations and I hope you get used to it, it really looks good on your finger.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Widget - finally! Congratulations - it looks exquisite. I''m sure the craftsmanship is outstanding (as expected though, right???
1.gif
)

The ovals are bigger than I was expecting as well, but pics never do them justice, and I''m sure they are lovely in person. How does the bezel look to you now? I know along the way you were a little skeptical of it''s unfinished look. Let it grow on you for a few more days - I''m sure it''s fabulous.

Anyway - what a fantastic piece. Totally unique, perectly executed, and best of all - it''s yours!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Widget, it is just beautiful. I love it. Congrats on a great design.

shay

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I have been waiting for this one! I love it!
30.gif
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow widget! what a beauty

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Widget,

Glad to see you fnally got your ruby ring just in time for Christmas. It is stunning! It has the "antique" look, but is very unique at the same time. The setting is perfect to show off your lovely star ruby. The side stones look huge. Based on what you posted before, I was not expecting to see such big side stones. I''m sure you are relieved the wait is finally over. Enjoy your new ring!

AN

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! congratulations! who did the work?

peace, movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results