shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally Got the Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marquisemadness

Rough_Rock
We officially got engaged over the weekend and he presented me with my "dream" ring last night.

Here are the specs (and a picture I hope - if I did it right)

HRD Cert
Marquise
3.02 ct
E
SI2
Flor none
measurements 14.73 x 7.64 x 4.76
girdle thick 5% faceted
culet pointed
table width 59%
cr. height 13.5%
pav. depth 44%
finish grade good

Marquisemadness

MVC-003X.JPG

marquisemadness

Rough_Rock
I tried to post another couple of pictures but for some reason I keep getting an error message. I'll try again later.

marquisemadness

marquisemadness

Rough_Rock
Oops, it's a D not an E
love.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's a knockout!!

Best wishes to you, Marquisemadness, and Congrats to your fiance!

win

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a monster! Wear it in good health, and make sure to blind some passersby when you go out in direct lighting.

Daniela

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Ooh very pretty, and a marquise too! We don't see those around here very often, so its nice to see such a stunner! Congrats on your engagement and a great purchase!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations
9.gif
Your e-ring is huge and beautiful! And I love how the prongs on the end are different from the usual end prongs for marquise (not the V but single prong) Just perfect with the stone by itself
appl.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love the tapered lines of the setting -- they really show off the stone nicely. Best wishes for your engagement!

marquisemadness

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the wonderful words. The pictures don't do it justice (so I'm not the best photographer). It is so white, that is what first drew me to it, then to see it in the sunshine, mmmm
lickout.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and great complimentary setting for it. It really shows off the rock. I love to see marquise cut stones here (my sister's absolute favorite cut). Looks like a really nice proportion, too.
10.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!!!! And also, I LOVE the setting..... I'm looking for a shank just like that (squarish and tapered)...can I ask where you got it?

Genafrgh

Rough_Rock
Wow! I'd never really been a fan of the marquise shape, but you just changed my mind! Absolutely beautiful!!! CONGRATS!
1.gif

marquisemadness

Rough_Rock
Here's another picture. It's a bit dark but a different angle.

The broker who got us the diamond ordered the setting for me. I had seen it at a mall jeweler and then found a picture on Diamonds.com. I brought him the picture and he was able to locate it through one of his suppliers. It's 18K white gold. We originally looked at a setting with two small baguettes on each side but decided with the size (and beauty) of the stone we wanted simple with nice lines.

We'll be seeing my family this weekend and I can't wait to show them all the ring (his family has seen it as they live in the same city). I have been having a great time showing it off.
wink2.gif

Thanks again for everyone's wonderful comments.
Marquisemadness

Marq2AJPG.jpg

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I hope your future is as bright and beautiful as this ring. Just gorgeous.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Congratz on a beautiful beautiful marquise, we dont see much of this shape on PS.
appl.gif

Ring size for Eye candy folder please
5.gif

marquisemadness

Rough_Rock
The ring size is 6 3/4.

Now the wedding band hunt begins. I have a few ideas, I'll have to see which works better without taking away from this one.

marquisemadness

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that's stunning. I'm glad you went with a simple setting that doesn't compete with your beautiful diamond. I've had my marquise for a little over a year, and I just love the shape. Enjoy your new precious!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty.
appl.gif

That is such a lovely ring. Enjoy it.
Nan

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
I just love marquises. Your marquise is gorgeous - looks like a real sparkler. Congratulations and best wishes.

marquisemadness

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I finally got to show it off to my family this weekend. I had a blast watching everyone's reactions to it, especially in the sun.

Thank you again for your words and all of the advice pre-purchase. This forum is awesome.

Marquisemadness

jkchan

Rough_Rock
I, too, love marquis stones and yours is a stunner!

Congratulations.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous ring! congrats on your engagement! Have fun showing it off this week!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.....gorgeous stone in a classic setting!! Congratulations on your engagement.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the engagement and on that big beauty!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results