shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally Got One -- My 1920's French Cut Eternity Ring!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
It's been a while since I've done a proper Show Me the Bling thread, but I'm just so excited about my new french cut eternity ring! I've been wanting a french cut band for a long while now, but they are far from easy to find. For anyone who is interested, Craig Evan Small in LA has the biggest collection of vintage french cut bands I've seen to date. They offered me a fantastic trade-in value on two of my vintage single cut bands (for one of them, they gave me significantly more than I paid) which enabled me to get my very first french cut eternity ring. Initially, I bought one of their larger bands -- 3 cttw -- but I realized very quickly that it was too thick and bulky for me. I ended up exchanging it for the one pictured below: 1920s, platinum, 1.75 cttw. Unfortunately it's about a full size too big, but I plan on wearing it with my OEC eternity ring so there is no danger of it falling off. The lovely people at CES said that I can think of it as my placeholder french cut band until they find me a similar one in my size. It could take a year or two, they said, but they'll find it! In the meantime, I get to enjoy this one!

xxx_19_1355453420_1.jpg

_5123.jpg

_5124.jpg

_5125.jpg

Von03

Shiny_Rock
I love your French cut band!! Your photo with your OEC eternity band is sheer perfection! :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

I'm in love! And sooooo jealous!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful Demelza! Would you consider sizing beads? That might help it fit well and they are very comfortable.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
1458200vdknpddrk.gif

It is so lovely. A million gazillion more pics would be much appreciated :naughty:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The facets on thoses French cuts are devine! :love:
The two rings are beautiful together, thanks so much for sharing :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, it is beautiful! :love:
Well done for finally getting your mits on one!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
You have amazing taste in eternitys!!!!!! Gorgeous band!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ooh la la!! It is magnifique!! Congrats on your lovely new band! :appl: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its so pretty! Looks great with your ering!

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Demelza, it's gorgeous -- especially with your OEC (even though it's a little big on you)!! :love: :love: Wish I could see it in person...maybe the next time you're in CA... I'm so happy for you. That jeweler sounds wonderful to work with as well. Enjoy! :))

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, your new band is simply to die for. I'm so excited for you. It is such a beautiful compliment to your gorgeous ring. :love: :love: Please post a ton more pictures.

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Von03|1365011921|3419482 said:
I love your French cut band!! Your photo with your OEC eternity band is sheer perfection! :love:

+1! Congratulations on an *all* of your amazing finds, Demelza! I absolutely L :love: VE your entire collection!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
missy said:
So beautiful Demelza! Would you consider sizing beads? That might help it fit well and they are very comfortable.

It's fabulous! French cut eternity bands are my favorite! Such a classic style, yet still unique since they're not something you see every day.

I echo Missy's suggestion re: sizing beads. I had them put in my e-ring after it slipped off my finger in the pool (!!!). I don't even notice them and my ring fits perfectly now. My jeweler said they can be done in various sizes, too.

Also, totally off topic, but is that a sweet GSD face I spy in your profile pic? We have a 2.5 year old GSD and he is the most wonderful dog. Of course I may be biased ;-)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous band! Those french cuts are so lovely - it looks beautiful with your ering!

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous! I've been stalking that ring for a while. Looks amazing with your set.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh!!! That band is gorgeous, but I so LOVE your OEC!!! :love: :love: :love: Perfect combination! If I had any money left I'd get a french cut band, too!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! Congrats on your find! Really awesome that they are hunting for a band in your size too :appl: I echo everyone else's comment on your OEC band. Love it as well. :love: :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Looks perfect with your OEC :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Just showed my husband your pictures and said, "that right there is exactly what I want!!!" Perfection!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ok, still jealous here!!! Maybe I should stop buying bling and save money for finger lipo. Can't find a size 9 for the life of me.

Or I could get two small rings and solder them together to make one like in the movies when they get two dresses to make one big one! Hahahaha!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful. Congratulations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results