shape
carat
color
clarity

Etienne Perret engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Well.. it''s finally here!

The stone: 0.82 J/SI1/med. blue from SuperbCert
(does anyone really want to see the measurements?)
The setting is by Etienne Perret, the low Halo in platinum with a matte shank, size 7.

Fabulous experience all around, from beginning here with advice on stones, to working with Barry and Judah from SuperCert, and working through my jeweler Haper & Faye in Boston to have Etienne do the work.

Proposal was with a disgruntled ferret as ring-bearer
2.gif

Yep, it''s different, but it''s perfect for me!

MoreCloseUp.sized.jpg

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Apologies that the setting has so many fingerprints on it... was in a hurry to get some pictures before the light went away.

Sideagain.sized.jpg

and it really likes the sun..

Flare.jpg

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Wonderful stone and setting.
appl.gif

P.S. I saw your link to the pictures in the "Anxious to get the Ering" thread and used this in the "Eye candy" folder. Hope you dont mind!!

rfathring.jpg

rfath

Shiny_Rock
tomatoe - Nope, don't mind at all! Thanks for posting it!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect!

Really... one hundred
appl.gif
from this girl here
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I think this is a differenet, bold yet elegant style and the stone looks like a typical SuperbCert--just smashing!
love.gif
9.gif

A wonderful ring for a wonderful time in your life. Wear it for many years in health & happiness.
1.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely and unusual. I'm a sucker for bezel set jewellery anyway- I have an entire set! It's so nice to see a setting that isn't the usual Tiffany 6 prong - a classic, it must be said, but a mite safe.

Congratulations and wear your ring with love.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
congrats rfath!! looks perfect on your hand
1.gif
i am a big fan now of that type bezel and that J color looks white as can be

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE it! I really adore the simple and modern styles -yours just nails it timelessly. Beautiful!

And of course, I'm loving the blue fluor!
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Absolutely gorgeous!

I LOVE the sleek, modern look. Wow!
appl.gif

I think a BEZEL SET may just HAVE to be in my future...
eek.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Lynn

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
Your "J" is spectacular...very white...love it. The bezel setting is elegant...you and your df did a very good job in selecting this setting. By the way, tell us more about your proposal..sounds very interesting!!

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Love the halo setting! Do you have a picture of the 'disgruntled ferret'???

rfath

Shiny_Rock
I should especially thank quaeritur and alexah for help with the stone. It definitely faces up very white - and it's hard to see any tint in the stone in most light from the side.

The proposal wasn't anything elaborate. My fiance should never play poker, especially if I'm around, since he just can't keep a straight face for the life of him. He came home from work awfully edgy and anxious and determined not to look me in the eye. Rummaged around for a while looking for ferret collars.. eventually had to run out and get one. I pretended that he was a lot less obvious than he was. He woke up the younger of our two remaining ferrets, Skittles, and put the collar with the ring on it on him, then set him free for me to 'catch'. Not hard since Skittles felt quite put upon (as always - it's an exhausting task scheming to take over the world, especially when you don't have opposable thumbs).

Anyway, the proposal made me smile. Attached is a picture of him wearing the ring...

ferret2.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
OMG! beautiful ring and adorable ferret! i love him or her!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations rfath!!
9.gif
appl.gif

And your ring came out fabulous!!
3.gif
Luv the low halo! Sooo elegant & white! It looks perfect on your finger
love.gif

Your ferret is adorable
4.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stone and I adore the setting....do they do that setting in white gold???

I have a J stone in a bezel setting and I think J is a great value!!!

Jaime

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Yep, he does the setting in white gold as well. I first saw it in a yellow/white gold combination. I've heard from everyone (appraisers, jewelers, etc.) how fabulous Etienne is - very nice and accomodating. And the settings are VERY reasonable in price!

reena - Skittles is a he. He's a scream. Most people don't realize that ferrets are carnivores, like cats, but in the weasel/badger family. Quite smart, almost too much so. Hence why it's SO much fun to pick on him... like dressing him in little elf costumes or frustrating his egging instinct (think of how weasels steal eggs by scooting with them under their tummies) by tossing him a HUGE navel orange that he can't possibly fit under himself, but he sure tries! The pictures we've taken over the years...

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
rfath - I love your ring. It's simply stunning...and the ferret with the ring is too cute!!! Hilarious!
appl.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring & adorable proposal & ferret!
41.gif
The ring looks so classic, modern & elegant (and bright white!) The bezel makes the stone look huge!

Have you found a safe place to store your ring while you''re not wearing it? If ferrets indeed like sparklies, your babies may try to steal & hide your ring. My boyfriend used to have a cat who would steal & hide shiny objects.
23.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
Gorgeous ring!!! It looks stunning on your hand!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe this posting was originally from oct of 2004...but to whoever refreshed it, thanks...i missed it the first time around and the ring is very cool and the stone is stunning!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a spiffy ring! And your ferret is ever so cute! A belated congratulations....when are you getting married?

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love the way the bezel sets up off the hand and makes the diamond look like it''s kind of floating! How cool! The diamond looks very sparkly, too. And the J is my favorite letter in the diamond alphabet
2.gif

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but the pictures aren''t showing up for me (I only see one hand shot), and I''d really like to see this ring! Etienne Perret''s site doesn''t have the greatest pictures, plus I''d love to see how it looks with your wedding band.

Rfath, any chance you could post some more pictures for us to see? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results