shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged! 2ct Oval!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
After waiting what seems like ages (actually only 3-4 weeks but I think 1 ering waiting week is equivalent to 5 earth weeks) my beautiful oval ering is here at last!! My fiance has been amazing throughout, putting up with frequent changes of mind and my Pricescope addiction. In fact, the first thing he said after giving me the ring was "we''d better take photos so you can show everyone on Pricescope" lol, he''s well trained!!

Thanks to WF for the stone and custom plat. setting and to Gregory Sherman for the appraisal

Specs:
2ct F VS1 Oval Brilliant Cut, GIA cert
Measurements: 9.41x7.33x4.51 (it''s probably more of a ''roval'' with these proportions but I just adore the shape!)
Depth: 61.5%
Table: 60%
Girdle: tk to vtk faceted
Culet: none
Polish: v.good
Symmetry: good
Flour: faint
And...now for the pics
19.gif
the lighting''s not very good, pls don''t tell me off for my rubbish photography, will try to get some better photos in daylight soon. More pics to follow, hope you guys don''t mind!

ring front full.JPG

Jban

Rough_Rock
Gourgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
Can''t wait to see the hand shots. Congratulations on your engagement
36.gif

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
one from further away so you can see the proportions better...it''s much sparklier and much whiter IRL, just can''t seem to capture that
8.gif

Thanks Geraldine for your comment.. I can hardly believe I''m engaged too - it feels surreal!

ovalhandshot.JPG

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
side-ish view. Pls excuse very chapped hands, we''ve just stepped off a flight and the aircon has done my skin no favours!

the band itself is very thin (2.1mm) but quite chunky, if that makes sense. It''s pave set, half-eternity with WF''s ACA melee, which gives it a really subtle shimmer effect
30.gif

ovalsparkly.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, I love ovals, your''s is gorgeous!! Love the setting too!! Enjoy!!!
36.gif

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
That is one pretty oval! I''ve always wanted an oval, and yours is to die for!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Delish!! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

eaglesgal

Rough_Rock
1 ering waiting week is equivalent to 5 earth weeks

I totally agree! I am waiting for my e-ring too...I''m only one week into the 4-6 week waiting period and it feels like FOREVER! I think time has stopped!

But anyway...congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is stunning! Love the oval shape and setting. Sparkly, sparkly!

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ering, loveeee ovals. Congrats to both of u on your engagement!!
36.gif
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Congratulations!!
It''s gorgeous! I adore ovals, and you have such a beauty!
Lovely on your hand!
30.gif

mandyk77

Rough_Rock
WoW! Your ring is stunning!

I feel the pain associated with waiting. I am currently waiting on my oval (I''m guessing it will be about a month or so....)

Congrats on your engagement!
emotion-5.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, oh my! Look at that yummy ring! Congratulations on your engagement
36.gif

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Trinity!! Another oval owner to join the bunch! Gorgeous ring. I am so glad you love the oval. I think they are great!!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful oval!! I just love it
30.gif
-- congrats on your gorgeous ring, good things come to those who wait! (and wait, and wait!) One of the many reasons I love PS, I don''t know anyone in real life with an oval, it is such fun to see a different ring - and this one is TDF
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh...its beautiful, Trinity!! Congratulations on your engagement, and enjoy your FAB ring!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
All I can say is WOW! Your ring is one of my favorites I have ever spotted on Pricescope. I do truly love ovals - and yours is such a perfect shape....and such an amazing size. Ovals always look big to me for their carat weight -- so a 2 carat oval is just amazing. I know you''re in for lots of stares and comments. It''s just beautiful!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely gorgeous! I love the setting, too! Congratulations on your engagement!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
that is one pretty ring!!! is your setting white gold or plat?

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
That stone is beautiful! It looks perfect in that setting. Congratulations on your engagement!

RadiantMe

Rough_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous. I know you can''t stop staring at it. Congratulations on your engagement.
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Congrats!
36.gif

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much to everyone for your lovely comments. I really do feel we couldn''t have found such a sparkly stone without the advice and knowledge of all the people on this site. I''ve also been completely inspired by all the amazing settings I''ve seen, I never before knew how many ways there are to set a diamond!

Eaglesgal & MandyK, I hope your waiting time flies by, you really must post *as soon* as you get your rings!!

Krisvrn - the setting is platinum with 0.25ctw pave set ACA melee - I''m pretty hard on my rings and wanted something durable

Fellow oval lovers (and admirers!) - I agree, it is unusual to see ovals. At first, I thought I wanted an asscher then realised I''d miss all that glittery sparkle in my ering and I''m sooo pleased I went for an oval. It helps my stumpy chapped fingers look almost elegant! Roll on the asscher for a RHR!
11.gif

Ausable - I don''t think I''ve seen your oval - do you have a link to it?

Thank you all again!
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results