shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Ring Pics, so you guys can help me w/WB choice...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys! OK. Here''s the story. I''ll post the specs and then the story (so far).

Metal: 950PLAT

Center stone: 3.12 ct. princess (square brilliant?)
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Measurements: 8.12 x 8.13mm (don''t know if this is a 1:0 ratio or??)

I fell in love with the bezels set and prong set RB eternity bands as wedding bands. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of buying two and placing one on either side of the e-ring (or just wearing the both as "stackers" when not using the e-ring, or just wearing one-at-a-time either with or without e-ring. I love the variety and options).

The bad news is, I have tried on the bezel set RB eternities, and the prong set eternities and they didn''t look as good as I thought
7.gif

So, what do you guys think? Channel-set princess cut eternities? Or channel set RB eternities? I like the Idea of the RB''s because I already have the princess and the baguettes on the e-ring, so the mixing of shapes is something I find very appealing...but if you guys think it won''t work, the princess eternities are certainly an option.....

meditsring3.jpg

Kayce

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! I say rounds. I have a three stone round ring with a channel set princess eternity band and I just like the contrast.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
The baguettes, I forgot to tell you, are also G-color, and they are .20ct each (just about. One is .20ct, the other is .21)

I am trying to attach some side-views so you can help with the wedding band advice from that angle, too. I like a gap between, rather than flush (luckily, because i don''t think I could find ANYthing to fit flush). Also, I''d like to keep the band(s) on the small side, just as a matter of personal preference. I''m sorta liking the stuff from signed pieces, eternity -band-wise...

meditsringshot2.jpg

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwww. CRAP, that wasn''t the side-view! Let''s try again....sorry guys, bear with me...

meditsringshot1.jpg

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 1:25:05 PM
Author: Kayce
Beautiful ring! I say rounds. I have a three stone round ring with a channel set princess eternity band and I just like the contrast.

Yeah, the contrast was the only thing I loved about the RB eternities I tried on. I was hoping the RB channel set would help offset my dislike of the way the metal plays against the metal of my e-ring...Because I really am having my slight doubts about princess on princess on baguette. Everything so sharp and corner-y, ya know?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
How about one of those baguette and round alternating bands from singlestone? Or a similar style without the milgraining?

sing.jpg

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
''Snooper'' owns a ring almost identical to yours (3.10ct princess with baguettes) and she has had many different bands to go with it. You might want to do a search on her name for ideas. Here''s one of her pics with an eternity band from Leon Mege (her princess was set by him too).

IMG_0131Snooper.JPG

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, YES! I remember seeing her ring!

She has the delicate prong-set RB eternity that I fell in love with, but in between the metal band of my e-ring and the metal of the prong-set eternity bands, is this kind of "serrated" look that I wasn''t crazy about (on my particular finger, with my "style" if you will) I saw "justacatholicgirl'' s post with (I think?) a Tiffany channel-set RB ring. I like the channels setting (for my tastes, anyway) because i like how the "smoothness" looks next to the e-ring.

My big decision is two-fold:

1. RB vs. princess

2. TCW of the eternities ( I want a delicate thing --a lot like snooper''s--, since there will be 2 of them, and I have a sz. 5 finger).

Kayce, thank you so much for the compliment! This is the first piece of "real" jewelry I''ve ever owned, so I''m still pretty stunned that it''s even mine, although my engagement isn''t all that recent
37.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!!! I especially love the side view, it looks incredible on your hand!! I was also going to suggest snooper''s wedding bands since the delicate micropave looks soooooo lovely with her ring. I would keep it thin since your ring is pretty large and your finger is small.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 1:27:43 PM
Author: Mediterranean
Awwwww. CRAP, that wasn''t the side-view! Let''s try again....sorry guys, bear with me...
Maybe it''s just me, but I don''t think anyone here is going to complain about you posting more pics than necessary.
28.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I was going to suggest channel set baguettes to go with your tapered baguettes, but it sounds like you are more focused on round vs. princess channel set bands.

I would probably go with 2 princess-cut channel-set bands simply because I don''t like the gaps between stones on a channel-set round band. I would get 2 of these signed pieces bands at 2.5mm wide each--very delicate individually, but more substantial when 2 or worn together.

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=4104

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, what a killer princess you have! It''s quite a showstopper
30.gif

I agree with NEL about not loving the space in between channel set RBs. If you want the rings to stay thin and show less metal, then I really like the ring that IrishBreakfast posted from Leon Mege, which has a slight line of metal on either side of the stones but not so much that it creates additional width to the ring.

Are you able to get to a Tiffany and Co. to try on a variety of their settings to see which style and which shape stones look best with your gorgeous e-ring? I would then have Leon make something custom.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 2:39:28 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I was going to suggest channel set baguettes to go with your tapered baguettes, but it sounds like you are more focused on round vs. princess channel set bands.

NEL, Wow, I hadn''t considered that option (the baguettes)!!!! That''s cool looking, too. And it does eliminate the gap between stones that would occur w/ the rounds (that Pixley mentioned--and thank you Pix, for the very sweet compliment!!).

I am loving that Leon, though....who wouldn''t, right?
30.gif

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Mediterranean, I have two ideas: 1) French cut eternity bands - I know that KristyDarling was looking at a beautiful french cut eternity band from Dianne''s in San Francisco, that was so elegant, it would look great with your princess. 2) Bead set eternity bands. I have two very, very thin bands that are definitely no larger than 1.3mm each and they just add a hint of sparkle with my rings.

Have fun deciding.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2008 2:35:39 PM
Author: IrishBreakfast
What about this one from Leon?

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=336

It has the delicate look but has sides to stop that 'serrated' feel you mention.

I admit I'm a bit Leon crazy at the moment!

oh, that's my band! and wouldn't you know, i wear it with a princess ering! here is a pic so you can kind of get a sense of it (although mine is halo'd, only 1 ct and i have a 6.25 size finger). sorry it is not a great pic.

i think two of those would look nice with your ering - which is amazing, elegant, gorgeous, and to-die-for by the way! sometimes i wonder how a thin band with channel set princess stones would look too, so i can see your quandry! this leon band adds a little complimentary sparkle without really making any sort of statement itself. i would say there is no obvious distinction of rounds - just a thin, solid band of light glitter to set off the ering.

i also love heraanderson's suggestion - i think picking up on the step cut but adding the sparkle of rbs would look really nice! personally i would want to see something like that paired with it before making my decision, i think that could be a winnner!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry... my brain melted in this crazy heat. here is the pic.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is one more, from a distance, to give you a more realistic view.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and i just had to come back one more time to be a PITA and say again, your ring is AMAZING!!!! i am one hot mess over here sitting in a pool of sweat (the heat) and drool (your ring).
26.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Researcher is a PS member and a 3 carat Princess owner....search for her ring combo
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
That`s a gorgeous princess you have there!!!! I definitely say, go for RBs, in a nice delicate eternity setting, 2-2.5mm wide.

I have a princess solitaire (tiny compared to yours- 0.78) and wear it with a RB combination channel set/prong set wedding ring. I really like how little RBs give that extra sparkly look, without taking away from the princess.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m in the camp of a baguette or bag/round alternating eternity - bbest of luck! Love your ER!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a bit late to this thread, but thanks IrishBreakfast for posting my pics :)

I gotta say, I love your ER Mediterranean, not that I''m biased :)

I''m not sure what other bands you''ve tried, but like a few others said, I like the look of RB/bags with my ER, so I''m sure it''d look smashing with yours too. Also, try a baguette band (e/w) as it''s another great option :)

Congrats on your beautiful ring!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Lauren''s shared prong baguette band. I think it would look fantastic with your gorgeous rock. One on each side would look even better!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 5:37:18 PM
Author: rainydaze
here is one more, from a distance, to give you a more realistic view.

Oh, Rainydaze, I think that''s it!!!!!!!!!! Two of those!!!!

Thank you all so much for your compliments, and your pics (PS''ers have THE prettiest stuff, I KNEW I could count on you guys)

But, yeah, I think I totally am in love with this one.... but who doesn''t love Leon
30.gif

THANK YOU again...so much, it''s been a great help!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
i''m glad my picture helped, Mediterranean! you were given some great options, any one of them would look spectacular with your ering.

p.s. i am so coveting a setting with baguetter sides after seeing yours and Snoopers!!
31.gif
man alive they are gorgeous!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful princess!!!

Personally, I''m not a fan of mixing different cuts. I think a step-cut eternity band would match your baguettes really nicely. Lauren''s suggestions were really nice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results