shape
carat
color
clarity

Don''t have anything to show...."YET"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kbling

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to jump into all the fun on here. I''ve been lurking about on PS for awhile now, ever since my BF and I took a little trip to Tiffany''s for "fun". I fell in love with the Legacy ring that I tried on...it was a 1.14 carat, E color VVS1. Gorgeous, but expensive! $20k This started my BF on a search for a ring just as beautiful, at a more respectable price. I think we may have found it yesterday! We looked at some beautiful cushion cut stones and a platinum setting similiar to the Legacy. The sample ring I tried on, to my surprise...just looked WAY too big on my petite hand...it was a two-carat stone, but looked more like 4 carats in the setting. My BF was surprised to hear (and relieved too, i''m sure!) that I would prefer a stone half that size! The jeweler said she wasn''t used to girls asking for SMALLER stones. He was prepared to purchase something much larger, I think.

Anyhow...I am very excited to think that I may have a very beautiful ring on my hand some time in the near future and wanted to share that with you all. I am VERY hard to surprise and my BF has assured me that he will find a way to really surprise me when he finally proposes...this should be interesting! I will keep you posted.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Well good luck and can''t wait to see the ring!!!!
emthup.gif

21.gif
9.gif
21.gif
9.gif
21.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
ooohhhh, can''t wait to see what he comes up with as your surprise...better practice your picture taking skills now, cause once that beauty hits your hand we''ll all be dying to see it!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey kbling!! welcome to the fun!
2.gif
there are so many great people here that are willing to share of their time and useful information, not to mention yummy eye candy, you will find it to be very a rewarding experience!! i look forward to hearing how your story unfolds!!
36.gif

kbling

Rough_Rock
Thanks! And I, too have been admiring all of the beautiful pics of the bling on this site...how are you gals able to take such good close up/detailed pics of e-rings? I''ve got a decent dig. camera but I haven''t tried yet...didn''t know if there were any tricks?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
my best advice: experiment!!!
for good diamond
3.gif
pics, you will want to take the pics in diffuse light....not too bright and no flash. the steadier the camera, the better. for close up shots, you will want to use the macro mode. different camera''s have different icons for this, so i would just try each of the settings on your camera one by one make note of the one that captures that diamond up close and personal!!
2.gif

best of luck to you!!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kbling,
How exciting for you!! I can't wait to see what you end up with. I'm sure it will be amazing. Have fun during this whole process and enjoy. I look forward to seeing pictures of your beautiful ring!!
1.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there, and welcome to pricescope!! You''ll have to show us pics of what you decide on, heck, show us pics of anything your considering!!
9.gif
Have fun!

kbling

Rough_Rock
The closest pics I can find to the setting that we looked at here: http://www.icestore.com/rings/ring_detail.asp?ID=113 .
We looked at a few stones and my favorite was a square cushion 1.06 ct, E Color VS1. It was SPARKLY!!!

Sashabella

Rough_Rock
I also asked for a smaller stone.

My fingers are a size 5 and a 1.25 is about all they can handle without looking ridiculous. BF was happy and, with that size, I was able to get a F, VS1 ideal cut. I took some time finding the right ring with BF and I think you should do the same. I am having a copy of a Vera Wang ring made.

I am also very, very excited to get the proposal and ring. I know exactly how you are feeling (my ring is supposed to be ready late this week).

Please let us know hwo it goes!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow....this is one delicious looking ring!!!
3.gif

plat3views.jpg

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
What a pretty setting. I can''t wait to see yours!

Use macro mode, and try turning off the flash. Make sure you hold everything very still - it works best if you''re able to put the ring on a solid surface (i.e. not your hand) and do the same with the camera. Sometimes it''s even better to use the timer, so that you don''t accidentally nudge the camera when you hit the shutter button. But make sure you take some good hand shots, too!
2.gif

kbling

Rough_Rock
Not "exactly" the setting(s) we looked at, but similiar...I tried to commit to memory the one setting I really loved and I can''t...it''s crazy!!

kbling

Rough_Rock
Thanks Belle for the picture-taking advice. I''ve done some "practicing" on another ring so I''ll be good and ready when the real deal is on my hand! Can''t wait.

erwinp.jpg

kbling

Rough_Rock
One more practice pic...

2erwinp.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well done!!!
36.gif

.....still looking forward to the real thing!!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results