carat
color
clarity

Citrine pendant in Mod Metal Setting

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All:

This is a citrine that I bought from Barry Bridgestock/ACS. Its a cool stone because it is faceted on one side and cabbed on the other.

I had this set by Chris Williams, Mod Metal, 14 kt YG and silver. Its a pretty heavy piece, actually, lot of gold. I think she did an incredible job, I was so pleased with it. It sits really well and is comfortable.

sam_1086.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh what a cool necklace Kristie. Love the citrine and love the necklace. It is gorgeous! :love: The color of the citrine is beautiful and I really love the design of the whole necklace. It looks amazing on your neck. Nice neck btw! Can you wear the pendant on the cab side too?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone and I love the pendant!! What a stunning design. More pics please! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg Kristie I love this pendant! The design is amazing and very eye-catching. I love citrines and yours is a beautiful shade of gold, just stunning! :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- very cool piece, I love the whimsy and it looks to be really nicely made- very fun and lovely. Congrats!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, What a beautiful necklace. I love the design and the citrine is a gorgeous color. It looks beautiful on you.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful design, well executed asymmetrical but balanced pieces are just magical, and the stone is lovely! :appl: Thank you for sharing!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and unique. Your necklace looks great on you.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Chris has made two custom rings for me (only one of which I still have) and they both were flawless. She does incredible work that's for sure!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I do not think I have seen this piece Kristie, again very unique and way too cool. Is there a diamond also set in the pendant? Sorry, I was not sure if you mentioned that. Keep posting your collection!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, what a fabulous looking pendant. The citrine is a great color and I love the design. It looks terrific on your too. :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's great to receive the kind of comments you guys make, which are intelligent and thoughtful and you notice stone details and setting details and appearance when worn. Thank you all for the wonderful comments :sun:

Missy, I can't wear the pendant on the other side, you'll see why in one of the pics below. I had to choose a side to feature---the cabbed side or the faceted side. It was a terrible moment of complete indecision, they are both beautiful! I choose cabbed side up, I don't even know why. I was buying lots of cabs at this time :lol: Thank you for the comment regarding my neck, I do not hate it (yet) LOL! This year for swim season I'm going super highnecked, I get all the freckles, i.e. sun damage in the summer and that's when this pic was taken.

Ricezo, THANK YOU FOR ASKING, heehee, more pics below. Took these yesterday, here in Arizona we await a big storm and rain. Thank you for your comments on the stone and the pendant.

Junebug, "shade of gold," you get it!

Apacherose, Chris Williams is a master jeweler IMHO. Her pave (which you will see on an imperial garnet ring I plan to post here soon) is top notch too.

Callie, thank you for saying so!!

vintageinjune, I love that you commented on the asymmetry yet balance, I thought Chris did an amazing job with that. She has a design on her mod metal site called "twig" and we went from that for this pendant.

Bbziggy, thank YOU!!! Love your handle.

Acinom, thank you for your kind comments and as always, YOU have amazing colored stone jewels!!

Packrat, I saw your ring on loupetroop I believe, so so pretty. I saw it was by Chris also.

Ovi, sharp eyes :appl: that is a Swarovski CZ because I spent a big dang bundle of $ on the gold for the pendant.

Marcy, you are the best, thank you for your comments!!

Mochiko, I thought it had a whimsy too it also!

Okay, here come the pics. I'm not sure if I can post several in one reply box or not....

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stormy day in Phoenix area...This shows the faceted yet cabbed cut of the citrine.

sam_1311.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heehee, just because I love this bird bath orchestra! Also, in the basin of the bird bath, those are pieces of 4 Peaks Amethyst. I got several sacks of faceting cuttings from Jack Lowell and I took a handful and tossed them in the bird bath for an experiment. In my books on minerals, it says that amethyst fades under exposure to sunlight and can eventually be colorless. As you can see below, this was the case. These cuttings were a pretty purple when I got them, now they are opaque and white.

I'm more careful with my ammie now.

sam_1318.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH got me this citrine heart at Tucson last month for our anniversary. Citrine/topaz is my birthstone plus I just love the color. This example is from Brazil and has nicely agatized markings all around the druze and crystals. Citrine on citrine!

sam_1334.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Kristie, your pix and artistic talent are amazing, you are quite the designer as well and of course I share your passion for gemstones, with your very special husband you can definitely enjoy much more gem related things than most people can. How are those geodes coming along BTW?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, thank you for the excellent compliments girlfriend! Finn was made he's not in the pics but you know he's a union Westie and on a Sunday having him model would be some serious overtime!

Re the geodes, I'm on the polishing phase as we type! This first batch, we are learning a lot about this process. Started with scrubbing the uncut geodes with stiff brushes, then on the vib lap with 600 grit, 400 grit, 200 grit, polish phase. We really like the vibratory lap we bought. With any luck I'll be sending out the prettiest purple and blue chalcendony druzy geodes soon!

Have you gotten your mail from me yet? It should be any day now!!!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Exciting, share pix please when those geodes are done! ROFL, I had the biggest laugh over Finn being a union Westie!:))) You made my day girlfriend. Your citrine is so cool too, huge congrats! You got a cool husband for sure. I just emailed you because think the latest ones have not reached you again, not sure why. I am really getting nervous here because of the package, I am not sure what is going on but it always happens and then I get what I am expecting and I have been looking at fun Ts to send you! Happy Sunday and have fun with the doggies and geodes, oh and of course with Bob!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1425230406|3840236 said:
Stormy day in Phoenix area...This shows the faceted yet cabbed cut of the citrine.

Kristie, I love your new pictures but this one is really cool how you see light from the back of the citrine. Very cool! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, Thank you for the new pictures. They are wonderful! I LOVE your Citrine heart. It's amazing and what a romantic gift from your dh! :love:
I love the cab side facing up too btw. I would have picked that one as well. Though the faceted side is also beautiful!

And your neck looks like the neck of a twenty year old I just have to add. Nora Ephron got it wrong. :bigsmile:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree, it creates an amazing effect that one side is cab and the other is faceted and I think the choice which side should face up was perfect, I love the lighting effect this creates.

I have had a thing for yellow stones ever since I had a citrine and diamond ring from my beloved late grandma, I sadly lost it which I can never forgive myself for. Citrine is a very happy stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results