shape
carat
color
clarity

Channel set ering w/milgrain wedding band??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clarkgal

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I''m new to posting on this board but I''ve been lurking for a long long time I first found the board when I decided to have my yellow gold engagement ring reset into white gold. I have a few pics of the finished product but unfortuntely my cousin has my camera cord so I can''t post til tomorrow! But the ering was yellow gold with 4 small side princess cut stones on each side and then a trillion on each side of a 1 carot princess cut diamond. I got engaged in Dec 04 but just got married on 7/7/07. I had gotten a yellow gold channel set wedding band that matched my ering. But in February I finally had my ring reset into white gold and took out the trillions cause I thought they were taking away from the center stone. I''m FINALLY having my wedding band reset into white gold also but today when I dropped my ering off so that they could match the heights the bands the lady told me that she thought she would add a little milgrain on the sides to give it a finished off look I''m also resetting the stones to sit starset instead of all straight together. My question is how will my plain channel set ering with no milgrain look with a milgrain wedding band? I"m not really matchy matchy but still want it to look good. Does anyone have any pics of your own rings that I could see. I appreciate any input anyone can give me. Thanks much!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Both of my rings have milgrain, so my pics won''t help you. But,I think that personally, I would not like to have one milgrain and one not, but that''s just my OCD. I think it could look just fine if you don''t care about your rings being exact matches! Keep us posted as to what you choose to do!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any photos, either, but I used to have a milgrained bezel set pink sapphire/diamond band stacked between my two smooth channel set bands -- I didn''t think it looked right. The milgraine was not as shiny and looked more antique than the outer bands. Now I have 3 smooth channel set bands stacked together and love the look (the middle has horizontal baguette diamonds and the outer bands have round diamonds)

clarkgal

Rough_Rock
Okay I want to Thank the ladies that responded to my message. I never really thought about the milgrain not being as shiny but that also would be a factor to consider. I''m not that matchy in that my diamonds have to exactly line up on my wedding band as they do on my ering but I guess I think I might not like the milgrain so I think I"ll call my jeweler tomorrow and ask to to just skip the milgrain at least that way I won''t need to worry about whether I''ll like it or not. I think I"d like the milgrain if my ering had it also. At first I was debating on whether I wanted to starset the diamonds or just leave them channel set but then she started throwing out other ideas that might be nice just to make the ring different from anybody else''s but of course the more I change my band the more money it''s costing me. I''m using my own diamonds but to have the band reset is almost costing me more than what I paid for the ring in the 1st place! Okay so I attached a few pics of my ring I hope I did it right.... Thanks!! Okay so it took me about 20 mins to figure out how to make a pic small enough to post :) and then couldn''t figure out how to do more than 1 unless it has to be a new page everytime?

misc. 006 (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results