shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin 1.3 ctw diamond stud RECUTS

smiley12345

Rough_Rock
finally getting around to posting photos of my new diamond studs.

I was handed down a pair of diamond studs that were, well, average at best. I sent them off to Brian Gavin to see if they could be recut to improve performance and I must say, they did a great job.

Diamond 1 went from .70 to .62
Diamond 2 went from .78 to .68

I have no papers on the diamonds - Brian estimated color to be E-F and clarity at I1. I can definitely see visible inclusions in the diamonds up close, not when they are on my ears though - from what I can tell the inclusions look to mostly be feathers, with one diamond having a black crystal (?). The bigger diamond is definitely cleaner, however after the recut both sparkle beautifully despite their inclusions.

okay here we go, this may take a few mins to post everything.. i'll start with the before and after IS.. if you guys want the aset and hearts also let me know.

smiley12345

Rough_Rock
here is a good one showing the inclusions.

the .62 is on the top, followed by the .68. you can see the feathers at 3 o'clock in the .62 on top, and 12ish in the .68

IMG_6684.JPG

IMG_6687.JPG

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! The diamonds turned out great after the recut! I hope you enjoy them for a very long time!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
They look fantastic! Enjoy them! I'm surprised how they were able to retain so much of the original size! You didn't lose that much at all.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Do you have any before pictures? Enjoy them!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
What an improvement in the IS images! Your newly cut diamond earring stones look great. I too am surprised at how little weight was lost during the cutting. Enjoy them!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Terrific recut!! They look great!! What a difference!

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I'm amazed at how little size you had to sacrifice for beautifully cut stones. They are gorgeous!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're beautiful!!! I have been so impressed with Brian Gavin's recutting abilities since coming to PS, how amazing that so little weight was lost! Enjoy your "new" earrings, they're lovely!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
They turned out amazing!!! well done! :appl: :appl: :appl:

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They turned out great. What an amazing difference.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Those look great!

I'm glad you posted this. I have a loose stone on the way to BDG for a recut also, and am hoping it turns out really nice too.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Wow! These turned out just lovely! Really impressed by some recuts that I have seen here from Brian. What is an average price of a recut? Does it depend on the carat size? Just curious.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
I am curious to know what a recut might cost also if the OP doesn't mind sharing? I have a pair of 1ctw studs that could use a facelift :bigsmile:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! He sure knows how to bring out the best in a diamond. Your studs are soooooooooo sparkly now! Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results