shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling shots - great grandmothers jewellery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hello all! Juts kicking back at Mum and Dads in tropical north queensland planning my wedding, and thought what better way to pass the time than to take some bling shots hey?

Presenting my great grandmothers jewellery. These were handed down to my mother and they really are prized possessions in our family. My great grandfather made both pieces for my great grandmother - how's that for love
30.gif

Don't have much info on them, besides the fact that are platinum, made in the early 1920's. Enjoy

ETA - Hold tight girls, need to resize them a little more, they grew while I was posting
29.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW Honeykins - those are fabulous!!!! Thanks for sharing!

I hope you are still enjoying yourself!
9.gif
Have you had a Blondie recently??

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei - I knew you would be lurking around here
2.gif
They are just gorgeous aren't they. And to know that he made them for his wife, how romantic
30.gif

I havn't had a blondie yet, but Mum and I have worked our way through several bottles of wine and quite a few strawberry dacquiris! FI and MIL arrive tonight so the fun is just beginning
36.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful! I just love jewellery with so much history, even more if it''s history of love and affection!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow. absolutely stunning pieces. and how wonderful that he MADE them!
6.gif

thanks so much for sharing them with us.

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
wowser honey22, they are gorgeous. If you don''t mind me asking are you in cairns or townsville or neither?! sorry to pry just curious i s''pose as I live in QLD too...it really is a small world. beautiful jewellry anyways...RYS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2008 6:47:55 AM
Author: honey22
Thanks Lorelei - I knew you would be lurking around here
2.gif
They are just gorgeous aren''t they. And to know that he made them for his wife, how romantic
30.gif

I havn''t had a blondie yet, but Mum and I have worked our way through several bottles of wine and quite a few strawberry dacquiris! FI and MIL arrive tonight so the fun is just beginning
36.gif
You know me too well - hehehe!!
41.gif
They are gorgeous and that your GGF made them makes them so special. Wine and daquiris sound better than blondies!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your great grandfather is a very skilled craftsman, and I just love how they match perfectly!
36.gif
Is there any significance behind the design?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Those are so cool! What wonderful treasures. I love the design - looks like something I would wear, LOL. Thank you for sharing!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think there is any special significance in the design. I think the ring may be her ering? Not sure.

RYS - I am in Cairns at the moment, my folks live here and I am just visiting. I live in Melbourne.
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooo, they are absolutely gorgeous and how wonderful and special that they were made by your great grandfather!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Those are such beautiful pieces!! What a unique design. Kind of reminds me of a checkerboard.
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo, honey they are sooo pretty, and what gorgeous photos !
30.gif
I adore the one in the bougainvillea (sp)..
How romantic that he made them for her, your mum must really treasure them - so, you have diamonds/jewellery in the blood hey !?
31.gif
9.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Was just chatting to Mum. It was her father''s parents. He was a jeweller/watchmaker and his son (Mum''s father) also became a jeweller/watchmaker - so my love for sparklies, well it''s in my blood
2.gif

The ring was her engagement ring he made, and then the pendant used to be a brooch which he made for her wedding day.

Mum said I could wear the set for my wedding day next year if I like. How sweet of her, as I am sure she would like to wear these pieces on my wedding day. We will have to share maybe?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How special! They would be perfect for your wedding day.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous, and I love the sentiment behind them. I would love it if my DH was a jeweler and made me something!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Insanely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in love; what a treasure!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results