shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel studs with jackets or larger studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know how to use the polling function, but I need help with a decision!
I have the wonderful dilemma of having to choose between a pair of bezel set diamond studs with jacket or a pair of larger studs.

Bezels would be about .50 ctw in addition to the jackets (like kticern''s magnificient set)!
Larger studs would be about .75 ctw in a four prong setting.

What do you all think? I have really small ear lobes, btw!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go with the .75 ctw. Reason is that mine are .82 ctw and provide a superb, classic every day look. Maybe I''m not exactly the right person to ask because I''m not a fan of jackets. I think they create an ''overbling'' effect

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
to ME jackets are fun for special occasions and studs for every day - I''d go with the bigger studs: mine are 1.2 ctw and that''s as big as I would ever go for every day, but everyone''s preferences (and ears) are different.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, earlobe size is a major consideration. With smaller earlobes, I''d suggest first trying on some jackets in person. When I went to the mall a while back (just to look at jackets - I planned to buy online), I discovered that the style wasn''t for me. I didn''t like how it changed the way my studs fit on my ears. I had to go to at least five shops before I found a place that even carried jackets. Maybe they''re more popular now. . .seems like PS is the only place I see them.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go for the bigger studs. I have .71 ctw (OECs so they face up a bit smaller) and they''re great for everyday wear. Jackets could be nice for dressier days, but I agree that it can create an "overblinged" look.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the responses!

I guess I was thinking that .50 ctw bezeled studs would look about the same size as .75 ctw prong set studs, right?

Also, I should mention these earrings would be for my wedding, so the blingier the better!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
i''d go for the bigger studs as well... even if these are originally for your wedding... if you get the smaller studs with jackets, true it''ll look blingier than the regular studs... but after the wedding you won''t be able to wear the jackets as much... maybe on special occasions... and you''ll end up with smaller studs... however if you get the bigger studs, not only it''ll look classic and timeless on your ears during the wedding, you''ll also end up with bigger studs that you can wear everyday!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''d get the bigger studs, but have them bezeled
3.gif
Then for an anniversary you can get jackets. best of all possible worlds
2.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you like my set ysj99!!

I have to agree with the others and say get the larger set. I would say since you seem to really like the bezels to get them bezeled now if you can fit it into your budget. You can get the jackets at a later date and you never know you might even be able to save up for them before the wedding!!!

I have a pair of 0.76ctw martini''s that I alternate with my bezels I would say 50/50. I only tend to wear my jackets when I really want a bling day or it is a special occasion. I like the classic look of the studs, both bezel and martini.

So....Do you have any stones in mind IF you decide to go with the bigger studs? Depending on the color/clarity you want you may even be able to fit both the bigger studs and jackets into your budget! My bezels are J''s and they look perfectly fine next to my F/G jackets. I wouldn''t even hesitate to go to K''s in bezel studs of that size! Also I know that with some vendors you can get H/I melee and that might be an option for jackets as well.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I''d go for the bigger studs and set them with a thin bezel so they look more like 1 ctw.
2.gif
For more bling, you could add either jackets are gemstone drops (my personal favorite) later.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2010 1:15:28 PM
Author:ysj99
I don't know how to use the polling function, but I need help with a decision!
I have the wonderful dilemma of having to choose between a pair of bezel set diamond studs with jacket or a pair of larger studs.

Bezels would be about .50 ctw in addition to the jackets (like kticern's magnificient set)!
Larger studs would be about .75 ctw in a four prong setting.

What do you all think? I have really small ear lobes, btw!
Ooh a wonderful dilemma indeed
9.gif

Do you already have a pair of plain standard everyday studs? If so I'd go with the bezels and jackets - they'd be gorgeous special occasion pieces. If not - diamond studs are a necessity!
31.gif
0.75ctw is a great size - perfect for all occasions, really.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops....that "ditto" was in response to getting the larger studs and then getting the jackets later.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bigger studs because they are more versatile. You can get jackets later on.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your input, but I need your help again!

With Lesley''s help, I will be getting a larger pair of diamonds, about 3/4 ctw! But... now I''m not sure if they will look too big in the bezel setting. (I truly do have midget ears!)

The bezel setting will make each earring approx 5.2 mm across, in the 4-prong setting it will be about 4.6 mm across.

What do you guys think?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
My studs are about 5mm in a 4 prong setting, and I love the size. I know from trying on other earrings I could go up to 6.5mm. Of course, we may not have the same size lobes. Could you go try on studs at a local jeweler? Maybe try on bezeled studs at Tiffany and see if you like the look on your ears?

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I think that sounds like a nice size. Glamorous without being overpowering.

FWIW, I have just under 1cttw (can''t remember exactly) ACA studs and I haven''t worn them without their jackets in at least two years. Shrinkage set in and I needed the extra! My stuff is all fairly plain but the melee in the jackets is so tiny that I dont think it''s too blingy for every day.

Hope you have a wonderful wedding day.

Jen

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
I finally decided! As I mentioned, my budget originally allowed for the .50 ctw bezeled RSG studs, but with Lesley''s help, I got a pair .72 ctw for a wee bit more! They will be set in platinum bezels!

I am so excited! Especially because I was able to get the bigger studs AND the bezels after all! With Lesley''s help, I didn''t have to choose between the two after all! Woohoo!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2010 1:45:53 PM
Author: ysj99
I finally decided! As I mentioned, my budget originally allowed for the .50 ctw bezeled RSG studs, but with Lesley''s help, I got a pair .72 ctw for a wee bit more! They will be set in platinum bezels!

I am so excited! Especially because I was able to get the bigger studs AND the bezels after all! With Lesley''s help, I didn''t have to choose between the two after all! Woohoo!
Yay! Congrats!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 1:45:53 PM
Author: ysj99

Congratulations!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 2:44:25 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
I''d get the bigger studs, but have them bezeled
3.gif
Then for an anniversary you can get jackets. best of all possible worlds
2.gif

ditto!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How funny! - I ordered a pair of 1.12 ctw studs with jackets just this week. I considered getting larger stones with no jackets, but I changed my mind at the last minute. I hope you love yours!

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
deegee, did you post pics of your lovely earrings and jackets?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is too late to vote but I would have voted for bigger studs. I can''t wait to see them. They will be soooooo pretty.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don''t have them yet - not even glamor shots! It''s killing me!!! How about you? When are yours supposed to come in? The wait is torture.

I don''t know why exactly I changed my mind right as I ordered them, but I had planned to get the larger studs with no jackets. I have the halo bezel pendant from WF and I love it. I looked at it right before I called to place my order, and I think I decided at the last second that the smaller studs with jackets would look nice with my pendant. It''s the only reason I can come up with anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results