shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from Paris...Engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
Now, would anyone mind giving me a pointer or two on resizing digital pics?

I sent some to Denise at WF and noticed that they were too big.

I''d like to modify before posting. They turned out really cute and I''d love to share!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats. I don''t know for sure but if you have photo software you can resize the pics in there, rename them something unique and then try posting.

Shay

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Tell us more! To resize you should be able to go into options, rezize/resample and change the size. My software has an option to make it half its size....

cant wait to see

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratutlations, I can''t wait to hear more!!!! Oh and of course I want to see your pics!!!!
36.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOOHHH! Tell us more!! You got engaged in PARIS?! I want to hear every detail! We''re honeymooning in Paris. :) And SOMEONE better be posting those ring pics for you!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Paris and Diamonds

Diamonds and Paris

My 2 favorite things!

Post pics!

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I find the Image Resizer Tool from Microsoft very handy. It resizes your photo with one click and make a copy of the original, so you keep the original.

You can download it for free from the Microsoft website here. You can find the download link on the right side in the blue bar.

There is an article on their website as well explaining how it works, but it is really easy. How to article

Maya

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the tips!! I think I will try that microsoft download if this doesn''t work...

first...the story! I''ll try to make it short!

Eric and I were in Paris, staying with family of Eric''s who have this amazing flat, 5 minutes walk to the Louvre. (the artist Corot was born in this building) His parents were there, as well. The whole family thing worked out so well as everyone is so fun and nice. Before Paris we rented a car and drove through the Mosel River Valley in Germany, a most beautiful wine country. Then through Eastern France, so beatiful. Once we got to Paris, we ran around the city all day and met with family at night.

I really wasn''t sure if Eric would propose to me on this trip...but I will admit that I was hoping. Especially when we got to Paris, it was just so romantic.

The weather was odd. It would be overcast and really chilly...then the sun would erupt and the sky would fill up with puffy white clouds. Moody and unpredictable...just like Paris should be!!

One afternoon, we meandered around the Seine, Place Dauphine, Pont Neuf (bridge) ...and made our way slowly to Notre Dame. We spent some time inside and were mesmerized by the stained glass and archetecture.

We made our way behind Notre Dame, as I wanted to check out the flying butresses made famous by Notre Dame (btw, we have alway noted the support on my ring as flying butresses...what a coincidence!) There is a gorgeous garden there with a fountain. Bird and bumble bees were all over the flowers and in the fountain birds were splashing their wings...I loved it.

Eric suggested we ask someone to take our picture...he asked a young woman passing by. And there right at the garden Eric proposed on his knee. He said the most tender and sincere words with tears in his eyes. My heart beats faster now just telling the story. I can tell you that this was a most surreal moment and I could hardly believe that it was happening. I love this man so much...it is a precious thing to be loved by him in return.

After lots of pictures, we sat under some trees on a bench where we promised that we''d always remember how lucky we are to have one another and to always remember that during the difficult moments that will surely come.

Alors...les photos!

hope this works!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
dying....for....photos....*pant pant*

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
How truly wonderful. I am perched at the end of my seat, with tears in my eyes! No need for photos...I have it pictured exactly. Even the scent of the flowers, the buzz of the bees, the chirp and splash of the birds. Can even hear your heart pounding...mine is!

Could you have imaged it to have been any better...all those years of dreaming about it as a little girl?

Thanks for sharing and painting such a lovely picture. More more more!!

Thrilled for you.

Door Knob

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
This is cruel and unusual!!

I resized as suggested by Eric in paint shop...but now he''s left the house and I''m now unable to post them...

I tried then tried the download suggested by Maya Moonstone...nothing. We must not have the right microsoft software and I was unable to validate...

I saved to a CD...still unable to post on ps.

Jelly, I will take you up on your sweet offer if I can''t figure anything else out...I don''t want to inconvience you if I don''t have to.

Thanks to all for kind words.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
try renaming them to something unusual like heartssetdiamondringa or similar because maybe they are named something too common and are conflicting with another name on the server already.

did you check the ''properties'' on the file to see the size? if not, go to the file on your desktop or wherever you saved it, right click on the mouse and select properties. it will show you the size of the file...aka 98KB or similar. it has to be under 100KB to be posted on PS.

*pant pant*

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I cant get any work done..I keep coming back to see if I can find a pic of your ring!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations! How romantic. I cannot wait to see your ring!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I can''t wait to see pics of your ring!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
I give up....jelly, I''m going to take you up on your offer!

Until then, I scanned some Paris pics, but no ring.

Thanks for help..I tried all advice given.

mar_pontneuf.jpg

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
The above pic was taken just before we were engaged. Notce no ring yet!!

This one is the actual proposal...so sweet.

The really good ring shots are on my Nikon, thus my trouble...these are actual prints.

Eric_proposal.jpg

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now...this is my cheshire cat grin...I''m looking so satisfied in this shot..funny.

cheshirecat_05.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I'll work to get them looking a little bigger. I knew you (and everyone else) wanted them right away so I just loaded what you sent at a size that would work.

but anyway...I LOVE THE RING! I feel honored that i was the first one to see them on here!

Soooooooooo Pretty!!! And the setting in Paris...how romantic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results