shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Deco Ruby Ring - calibrated french cuts

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This year will mark 7 years of being with my husband, which is kind of a big deal for us - this "officially" makes our the longest relationship either of us has ever had. And maybe that's why I wound up going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the budget I had planned and wound up with not one, and not even two things to celebrate ... I got three!

Numero Uno is what I've been calling my Ardent Ring in my head - apparently it was owned by the Golden Age film actress, Eve Arden, which is a weirdly cool provenance. And I know I feel strongly about it! It features an untreated natural ruby of around a carat with approximately another carats worth of calibrated french cuts set vertically.

I'm really pleased to have found this one: it's a style I've always admired, and one that's pretty hard to find. Plus, now my hands match: I feel weirdly regal when I'm wearing my Edwardian ring on my right hand and this one on my left! Now, onto the important part - the pics!

ps_16.jpg

ps_17.jpg

seriously_tell_me_what_to_call_0.jpg

ps_18.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And here's how I'm wearing them today ....

P.S. - If anybody happens to know what the heck people used to call this style back in the day, TELL ME. Not knowing how to refer to things properly drives me nuts!

left_hand_shot.jpg

right_hand_shot.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow. Just wow!! All of your ruby and diamond bling is drool worthy!! Congrats on 7 years!!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the 7 years! I love all your rings :love: :appl: Where is the drool icon? :lickout:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Circe, I am so in love with all your rings. I am also impressed that you found those beauties. Beautiful rubies are not that easy to find these days. I am a ruby lover as well. My previous set in yellow gold has four marquise rubies. We married in July and hubbies B-day is in july. I am always on the lookout for them.

Every single piece is wonderful. I know you got the knuckle to knuckle beauty from SDL (is that right?), but where did you find the other gorgeous pieces?

I hope you enjoy them every day! They look beautiful on you!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked in the Hangout thread, is this the one I posted over in Vintage rings a few weeks back??

Looks exactly the same. uploadfromtaptalk1378384976338.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOO HOO!! That's a great milestone and a perfect celebratory gift to mark it with!!

I am in LUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE with all your rings!!! YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! :lickout: A whole blingasm of rubyliciousness!!!

(sure... that could be a real word... :read: :lol: )

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel|1380739811|3530885 said:
I asked in the Hangout thread, is this the one I posted over in Vintage rings a few weeks back??

Heh, no, mine has a faceted center, but yep, they're definitely sisters!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! Yep this one is a cab.

I've been drooling over it! So I'm pretty jelly of you lol.

joolsiepetunia

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh Circe! Congrats on all your pretty jewels and 7 years!! I am loving all the red you got going on :)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!!! I am so in love with all your gorgeous sparkles! :love: :love: :love: :love:

I think you have too many rubies now and I need to help you dispense with some...

to me of course!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe.. your "rubification" is complete!!! ..for now at least. :razz:
I lovelovelove all your ruby rings. :love:
That's cool that your new ring belonged to Eve Arden. I remember her on a show a zillion years ago called "Mother In Laws" Do you remember that show? Kate Ballard was on it too. I also feel a personal connection to her because in 1969 I took the QE2 to Europe with my parents (my mother was afraid to fly) and Eve Arden was on the ship and she autographed our menu at dinner! How funny is that?
Congrats on your 7 years together and wishing you at least 70 more!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings, and I prefer the OP's with the faceted centre stone.

Thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous and special ring!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a unique and gorgeous ring :love: I love rubies and dream of having a spectacular ruby ring someday :naughty: That is one helluva score! And it has a claim to fame, very cool! The SDL ring is fab, too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how beautiful!!! :love: And so cool that it belonged to a famous actress! I love everything about it, it's so visually interesting and of course just gorgeous! All of your ruby pieces are luscious Circe - You have an amazing and mesmerizing collection!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so beautiful. Your new one looks so well made - almost seamless - and so lovely. Do I understand you right that it was actually Eve Arden's ring and not just in the style of Eve Arden's ring? If so, that is truly great provenance!

lovessparkles

Rough_Rock
I love rubies too! What beautiful pieces you have. The story behind your 'Ardent' ring is very cool, as well. Congrats on 7 years of wedded bliss! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am green with red! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is lovely and looks great on you, too!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your rubies, I am also a ruby lover so I know how difficult they are to find!!!! Your rings are totally amazing!!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Such a juicy ruby collection! I do adore your latest addition and congrats on 7 years! Enjoy many more ::)

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely rings! Love the red.

I think maybe that style sometimes called a kite ring?

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
I've come back to drool over your rubies. I especially love the dinner ring :love: :love: :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous gorgeous rubies!! I am so jealous......... :love: :cheeky:

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Circe! Amazing ring!! So unique and so beautiful and looks so perfect with all your other vintage beauties. Congratulations on 7 years!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
yennyfire said:
Wow. Just wow!! All of your ruby and diamond bling is drool worthy!! Congrats on 7 years!!

Thank you so much, Yenny!

Ashleigh said:
Congrats on the 7 years! I love all your rings :love: :appl: Where is the drool icon? :lickout:

Hee, thanks Ashleigh!

luv2sparkle said:
Wow, Circe, I am so in love with all your rings. I am also impressed that you found those beauties. Beautiful rubies are not that easy to find these days. I am a ruby lover as well. My previous set in yellow gold has four marquise rubies. We married in July and hubbies B-day is in july. I am always on the lookout for them.

Every single piece is wonderful. I know you got the knuckle to knuckle beauty from SDL (is that right?), but where did you find the other gorgeous pieces?

I hope you enjoy them every day! They look beautiful on you!!!

Thank you Luv2Sparkle! I adore the color red, and only recently admitted that it might be to the point of exclusivity (I kind of had to when I realized I had a red briefcase, mostly red shoes, and three red coats). I don't have as much of a reason for the rubies as you do, though - I can use the excuse that my husband's birthday is in July, but honestly, I think it's the fluorescence!

I did indeed get the long one from the wonderful SDL: I got the big square-cut eternity from the website of a vintage dealer in London who mostly sells furniture, the thin french-cut one from a dealer on 47th (unfortunately the same one who would later ruin my anniversary ring and give me the runaround for three or four months, which soured me on it for a bit, thankfully temporarily), and the new one from an auction site! More or less dumb luck in every case. :)

Niel said:

Neil, I went to your thread over in Antiques, but it looks like the dealer's website is gone. ;( Do you know if they have another venue?

Enerchi said:
WOO HOO!! That's a great milestone and a perfect celebratory gift to mark it with!!

I am in LUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE with all your rings!!! YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! :lickout: A whole blingasm of rubyliciousness!!!

(sure... that could be a real word... :read: :lol: )

Thank you Enerchi! I think it's a word, that's for sure. :tongue:

Niel said:
Oh! Yep this one is a cab.

I've been drooling over it! So I'm pretty jelly of you lol.

Heheh, thanks Neil!

joolsiepetunia said:
Oh Circe! Congrats on all your pretty jewels and 7 years!! I am loving all the red you got going on :)

Thanks, JP! And I, in turn, am loving your new BLUE. :lickout:

redwood66 said:
Beautiful!!!!! I am so in love with all your gorgeous sparkles! :love: :love: :love: :love:

I think you have too many rubies now and I need to help you dispense with some...

to me of course!

While I like the way you think ... it's likelier I'm going to try to acquire more, so I can swim in them like Scrooge McDuck! Too much is never enough, baby. :Up_to_something:

Rubies-R-Me said:
Circe.. your "rubification" is complete!!! ..for now at least. :razz:
I lovelovelove all your ruby rings. :love:
That's cool that your new ring belonged to Eve Arden. I remember her on a show a zillion years ago called "Mother In Laws" Do you remember that show? Kate Ballard was on it too. I also feel a personal connection to her because in 1969 I took the QE2 to Europe with my parents (my mother was afraid to fly) and Eve Arden was on the ship and she autographed our menu at dinner! How funny is that?
Congrats on your 7 years together and wishing you at least 70 more!!

Thank you, Rubies! She sounds like she was a class act - how wonderful that you met her in person! And traveling on the QE2 sounds like a dream ....

dk168 said:
Gorgeous rings, and I prefer the OP's with the faceted centre stone.

Thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

Why, thank you kindly, DK!

Laila619 said:
What a gorgeous and special ring!

Thanks, Laila!

woofmama said:
What a unique and gorgeous ring :love: I love rubies and dream of having a spectacular ruby ring someday :naughty: That is one helluva score! And it has a claim to fame, very cool! The SDL ring is fab, too!

Thanks, Woofmama - I feel really lucky to have found both of them.

junebug17 said:
Oh how beautiful!!! :love: And so cool that it belonged to a famous actress! I love everything about it, it's so visually interesting and of course just gorgeous! All of your ruby pieces are luscious Circe - You have an amazing and mesmerizing collection!

That is so flattering - thank you, Junebug!

GemFever said:
Just incredible!!! Circe, your collection is TDF.

Hee, thanks GF! Given that we mostly have identical tastes, that makes me feel vindicated about acting like the ruby version of the Cookie Monster. Maybe I should change my username to Ruby Monster? :naughty:

minousbijoux said:
They are so beautiful. Your new one looks so well made - almost seamless - and so lovely. Do I understand you right that it was actually Eve Arden's ring and not just in the style of Eve Arden's ring? If so, that is truly great provenance!

Thank you, and yes! I got it from a lady who got it from a shop in Atlanta (she told me the greatest story about what it was like to shop there ... it sounded amazingly decadent, with candlelight and wisteria): I couldn't find a description of mine on their website - before they had it, maybe? it sounded like she had it for quite a while - but I did find this other ring of Arden's on there, with an appraisal from the same lab dating to the same day, which seems to corroborate the tale ....

http://www.capetownstore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DB&Product_Code=CT13485&Category_Code=Pearls-C

lovessparkles said:
I love rubies too! What beautiful pieces you have. The story behind your 'Ardent' ring is very cool, as well. Congrats on 7 years of wedded bliss! :appl:

Thanks, Lovesparkles!

canuk-gal said:
HI:

I am green with red! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

Hee - Sharon, as always, beautifully said. Thank you!

movie zombie said:
it is lovely and looks great on you, too!

Thank you, MoZo!

arkieb1 said:
Love your rubies, I am also a ruby lover so I know how difficult they are to find!!!! Your rings are totally amazing!!!!

Thanks, Arkie! I really do veer sharply towards the vintage just by nature, but it's an especially strong impulse with rubies, knowing how many treatments there are these days. But the thrill of the hunt can't be beat, right? :rodent:

pandabee said:
Such a juicy ruby collection! I do adore your latest addition and congrats on 7 years! Enjoy many more ::)

Thank you Pandabee!

periwinklegirl said:
Lovely rings! Love the red.

I think maybe that style sometimes called a kite ring?

Thank you! And, ooooooo, that's one I hadn't heard before ... I am going to go and research this, thank you!

Ashleigh said:
I've come back to drool over your rubies. I especially love the dinner ring :love: :love: :love:

Thank you, Ashleigh - I know when I do that, it's because I really love a piece. I'm flattered!

Catmom said:
Wow, gorgeous gorgeous rubies!! I am so jealous......... :love: :cheeky:

Thank you, Catmom! This is how I feel about your sapphire collection!

Demelza said:
Wow, Circe! Amazing ring!! So unique and so beautiful and looks so perfect with all your other vintage beauties. Congratulations on 7 years!

Thank you, Demelza! I remember your mentioning you were on the hunt ... have you found the perfect one, or is the reset creating a glorious detour? :appl:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
If I could play in anyone's jewelry box in all of pricescope, I would choose yours! Oh my gahhhhhhhh!!!!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
God, that's a seriously dramatic ring. I love it! :love: It should be worn with a dramatic black opera cloak with a red satin lining!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results