shape
carat
color
clarity

a very overdue update...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Some of you might remember that when I got my e-ring back in April, there were some problems with the setting and re-sizing, and ultimately I had the gem un-set and sent back with the setting to Cherrypicked, where Richard had a truly fantastic job done on it. The prongs themselves are slightly smaller than they used to be, and thank the lord they all actually *touch* the stone.

So here are the re-set pics, plus the pics of my wb (which I wear now on my right hand). I also included pics of my new watch just for fun.

Yes, I have a new camera (first one ever, actually). Yes, I am having far too much fun
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely. I love the setting.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock

I was so relieved the darn thing survived the whole process in one piece. I''m sorry to re-inflict pics of basically the same ring on you guys, looking at it I see that I''m probably the only one that is obsessive enough to notice a differance
3.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
wedding band. It's a Elsa Peretti band from Signed Pieces...HIGHLY recommend them! More than half off Tiff's
9.gif

ummm.pic didn't attach. re-trying...

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
and last but not least, ze new watch. It''s not much compared to some of the great watches I''ve seen around here, but it''s my first "dressy" ladies watch. Actually, it''s just my first ladies watch period (always had men''s).

watch1.0.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks sunkist! You can see in some of the pics I deleted that the 950 plat on the wb is developing a patina MUCH faster than the 900 on the ering. I''m not sure if that''s the extra softness or the fact that I am harder on the wb.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is really pretty and it looks lovely on your hand! I like your watch as well, completes the look!!!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Hey lady! New ring is gorgeous! Question...why do you wear the wb on your right hand? This is why I ask. When we originally got my ering we got what we could afford. I wasn''t crazy about the setting but I liked it the best out of what we could afford. When I got my wedding band, I got it to match my ering. I never thought my hubby would be up for changing my ering at all, but when we found out how bad the diamond was in it, he was ok with upgrading. And we did! Since then and all my gawking at pscope he also mentioned to me, that would he of had the cash he would of liked to of gotten me the different kind of setting that I like. So heres the deal, he''s ok with me changing the setting on my ering. The type of setting I like is very antique like. The one that I went CRAZY for is like a cross between a pave halo setting and an antique design. But there are two issues, one it''s white gold and I don''t want to have my plat wb rubbing against it, and two my wb just doesn''t match. When I was in the jewelers today he suggested I could wear my wb on my right hand and wear my updated ering on my left hand. IS that what you did? Sorry for the long story!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Well, couple of reasons actually:

1) Since we aren't married, but have a long engagement apart from each other (2ys), I wear the wedding band as well as the ering now--but I wear the wb on my right hand and not my left even when I am not wearing the ering. Also, when I am in Morocco I need to wear a wedding band anyway, so when I am there I will just wear it on the left hand. The ering is staying here in a safety dep box all year.

2) They don't match for several reasons. One, the ering has too much side work to wear a band against and not damage it. Two, I didn't WANT them to match. My ering is rather fragile and I have to baby it. I do not wear it all the time or even most of the time...I wear it when I go out but am doing nothing much involving my hands (no lifting, no dishwashing, etc).

So I wanted a clean and simple wb that still had a tiny bit of bling so I can wear *something* symbolizing "us" all the time.

Three, my granmother left me her diamond band. I'll probably have it re-sized into a "blingy" 5-stone wb for dressy occasions when the time comes. (I inherit them offically when I get married)

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Hm. All of the above rambling is to say:

When I am married, I will probably still either:

Wear ering on left hand plus wb on right OR

Just wear wb on left hand.

Devientdrow, how do you feel about wearing one on each hand? It doesn''t actually seem strange to me at all, but I can see how it would bother some people. I like the "look" of it--read "Outlander" by Gabaldon too many times!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s so pretty!! I love the deep blue sapphire!!!!!
30.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 11:53:28 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
Hm. All of the above rambling is to say:

When I am married, I will probably still either:

Wear ering on left hand plus wb on right OR

Just wear wb on left hand.

Devientdrow, how do you feel about wearing one on each hand? It doesn''t actually seem strange to me at all, but I can see how it would bother some people. I like the ''look'' of it--read ''Outlander'' by Gabaldon too many times!
Oh it actually doesn''t bother me at all. Thats what I was thinking of doing. Ering on the left hand ring finger. The setting I was looking at was substantial enough that it even kind of looked like the pave around the top and bottom of the rings could of been seperate little "bands" and wearing my wb on my right hand. I mean I am not big into superstiton, heck in other countries they wear their wedding jewelry on the right hand! I often wear my wb alone too. My ering isn''t even fragile but I guess I just don''t feel like wearing a diamond when i''m being glamorous doing my laundry!

Thanks for answering all my questions. I LOVE your jewelry. Mine kind are like yours in the way that I want the ering setting to have that very delicate antique look but my wedding band is very simple and modern.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your engagement ring. The detailing on the side is gorgeous, and I love the blue color of the sapphire. Gawgous, just gawgous.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Oh it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty!!! I love SAPPHIRES!!!!! It turned out beautiful

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I''m so pleased I managed to get the color of the sapph to come out in a photo--usually it looks overly dark.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your e-ring and w-ring are lovely! An I''m so glad that you''re happy with the redo of your e-ring--that sapphire is gorgeous!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Love the sapphire and the beautifully intricate setting.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
May I ask what brand of watch that is? I am obsessing about it . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results