shape
carat
color
clarity

7.32 EC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

madrock

Rough_Rock
My new ring is finally finished and on my finger. Hope I can get the photo to post.

7.32 carats
GIA cert
G/VVS1
13.61 mm x 9.30 mm x 6.01
Depth: 64.6
Table 63 %

Baguettes are .45 ct each, G/VS1

P1010005-1 copy.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW - holy moly...you must post more pictures including a hand shot so we can see the sheer enormity of that beautiful rock!!!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my heart''s beating faster just at the thought of a hand shot!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!
6.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif

That thing is enormous and gorgeous!!!

Don''t wear that thing in the water around boats, cuz its the size of the iceberg that sank the Titanic. JK

Congrats. Wear it in the best of health and happiness. It''s a red carpet STUNNER!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap!!!! Wow, there has to be a hand pic??? My oh my!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
*plotz*

OMG, I''m drooling already! Pretty please, more pics ASAP!??!
41.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OK, NO WAY! G/VVS and SEVEN CARATS! I am SO jealous! How do you hold your hand up! AAHHHHH!!! Whats your ring size? Please post hand shots!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That ring looks sooo gorgeous and classy!! Please post some hand pics!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I had to come back for another peek.

Is there a story behind this ring. Is it an e-ring or a really, really BIG upgrade.

BTW, you are going to need to lift weights on your other arm or you''ll get lopsided. JK, again.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
for your RHR i am assuming? It will go well with your E-ring. I LOVE it! very very elegant and timeless.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
What a lucky gurl!!! Can''t wait to see hand shots
36.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
I went back and read some of madrock''s posts...seems this is her new engagement ring. And upgrade from 1.5ct and her original will be a pendant. That is one big a$$ upgrade!!!! Geeeeeeeeeeez!!! It''s very pretty althought hand shots are definatly needed to put that sucker in perspective!

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
HOLY CRAP! That is amazing. I can''t wait to see it on your hand. (You know you completely skipped lotsa numbers in that upgrade. I can''t imagine going from 1.5 to 7+. WOW)

Congratulations!!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my G-D I just shorted out my keyboard my drooping on it!!!
I love that ring *sob sob* now I want and EC.
25.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oooomigod... that is absolutely fantastic. If I were so lucky to own a stone of that size, it would definitely be an EC. So classy, and stunning. Please please please more pictures!
30.gif

chunchgirl

Rough_Rock
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow Madrock that ring is so beautiful, I love it!!

Do you still have the massive oval??

Please post handshots of that rock!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I hope you''ve been working out your biceps/triceps so that you don''t strain yourself wearing that amazing glacier!

What an amazing ring to add to your collection. (I still daydream about your monster oval....what was that, 10+ carats??)

Hand shots! Hand shots! Hand shots!!

madrock

Rough_Rock
Here''s the handshot -- sorry it''s not so clear. I am still waiting for the rest of the specs and the photos from the jeweler. This is actually a size downgrade, but a big upgrade in color. It is so incredibly icy white. The 10+ oval (which was NOT so icy white) was traded in. This one is much more manageable!

We celebrated our 20th anniversary this year -- my husband originally suggested the idea of an upgrade -- he just didn''t know HOW much of an upgrade it would be. He''ll never make THAT mistake again!
2.gif

Ring size is a 7 -- it''s a little loose but will probably fit me better during the summer.

The original e-ring was 1.5 carats -- it has not become a pendant yet -- I''m thinking more of a 3-stone ring for my right hand. And I''d appreciate any ideas on what to do with the oval setting -- do y''all think all that pave could be set into some other piece of jewelry?

P1010005 copy.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOD!!! My jaw just drops to the floor.

That''s amazing. So beautiful.

We definitely need a hand shot.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
* clunk * moaning ... gasping ... coughing ... climbing back into my chair.

OHMIGOSH. F=A=B.

You asked about your oval halo setting -- I have no idea how much a 10ct pink sapphire costs, but I''d be tempted to check it out. Or a cabochon cut stone in any awesome color (I think cabochon''s will be back in a BIG way and with a pave halo -- interesting)

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Madrock, that sure is a MADROCK! HAHA! It looks so big and fab! I like it better than your oval ring, although that was beautiful too, but your new ring seems to fit your hand just perfectly. Congratulations on your 20th anniversary!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That ring looks beautiful on your hand!! Congrats on your anniversary!!
36.gif
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2006 6:21:23 PM
Author: madrock

And I'd appreciate any ideas on what to do with the oval setting -- do y'all think all that pave could be set into some other piece of jewelry?
... trying to recollect after the shock...
9.gif

Well, I remember the oval setting - and the value of the diamonds in it is probably a small fraction of the total. The work makes the balance. I am surprised the jeweler didn't want it in with the oval. Would it be undesirable with a large colored stone - thinking Kunzite - after seeing a number of relatively similar pieces since last summer or so. Even if worn once in a while, it may still be worth it. It feels sad to think that the ring might be 'recycled'
6.gif
Any stone set in there would get instantly upgraded to stylish status, even if you found it on the beach! IMO...

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif

Your ring is absolutely stunning! OH MY GOODNESS! It looks gorgeous on your hand!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just gorgeous..very classic..you''ll have to add it that thread where someone asked if anyone went down in size for better color or clarity..not too many people would downgrade to 7 carats
3.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results