shape
carat
color
clarity

1.554 carat round brilliant reset onto WhiteFlash Tiffany classic setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

squawks

Rough_Rock
Today Renee of WhiteFlash (who by the way is wonderfully helpful) sent me a picture of the loose diamond I had sent in to WhiteFlash to be set in their Tiffany classic six-prong solitaire setting (platinum). WhiteFlash took a picture of the finished product and hopefully I'll be able to pick it up at a local FedEx tomorrow. Until then, more pictures to follow! I don't think that I will be able to top WhiteFlash's pictures, however!
30.gif

sqring1.jpg

I can see arrows!
36.gif
But it looks like one of the arrow heads may be off a little
39.gif
I already saw the stone in person already and it looks fiery/bright/scintillating, however!
10.gif
I absolutely love how the prongs are well placed/cut in a fashion so as to permit as much stone as possible to the viewer's eye! My previous BlueNile six-prong setting was horrible with huge, spider-like prongs reaching into the crown of the stone ... so far in the prongs barely reached the table!
41.gif

Here are the stone's specs:

Basic info: 1.554 J/SI1 (AGSL report from 01/2006) with HCA of 1.2 (EX, EX, EX, VG)
Crown angle/%: 34.4/14.9%
Pavillion angle/%: 40.8/43.1%
Table %: 56.5%
Depth %: 61.1%
Girdle: thin to slightly thick, faceted, 1.2 - 4.0%
Culet: pointed
Dimensions: 7.43 x 7.51 x 4.56 mm
Fluorescence: None (unfortunately!
15.gif
)

EDIT: Let me also add that this stone is an AGS000; so its symmetry and polish are both marked with highest AGS grades.

Sunnygal

Rough_Rock
what a beautifully classic setting for your great daimond!! Can''t wait to see more pictures.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the diamond specs look fab to me...and that setting is a charmer too!! another fabulous J! congrats!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous. A classic beauty! Can''t wait to see it on your hand!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Always love to see those gorgeous arrows. What a beautiful stone - can''t wait to see your pictures as well!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful stone. Love the head on that setting too. Congrats!
21.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t Renee a gem (pun intended)? Love your doggie avatar and love that sweet looking ring!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - just georgous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

MM Good!!!!!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
*swoon*.....I just LOVE that setting!

And the stone is stunning too! Congrats!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
lovely ring squawks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is gorgeous!

I have a question for you, Kevin. I see on another thread that you found your diamond at BN. I wondered if the site told you that this stone was a hearts and arrows or just ideal cut? I can clearly see that it is hearts and arrows, but I am curious if you knew it would be.

squawks

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker, BlueNile did not tell me it was a hearts & arrows diamond - I bought it primarily based off of the AGSL report (which I somewhat regret as an amateurish move) and HCA score. So plainly put, I did not know whether it would be a true hearts and arrows cut diamond. BN sent me the diamond over a couple weeks ago and personally I couldn't see the arrows/hearts but that's more likely due to me being amateurish (perhaps I didn't observe the diamond in proper lighting conditions and/or viewing angles?).

I also was a little confident that an AGS ideal would be sufficient - I checked GOG and WhiteFlash's inhouse selections and every single AGS ideal cut stone they had displayed perfect arrows.

Maybe it was a gamble to begin with but with a 30-day no-hassles return policy, it's not so bad in the end (WhiteFlash for example has a whopping 20% restocking fee).

EDIT: It's actually quite humorous because I never considered the diamond to be a H&A diamond until WhiteFlash reset the loose stone for me and took pictures of it, clearly displaying the arrows. I don't know how they do it, but it sure made me more 'glad' about my purchase!
9.gif

squawks

Rough_Rock
Here we go, as promised - fiance hand pics of the 1.55 J/SI1 AGS000 set in WhiteFlash's Tiffany classic setting!

**EDIT: Diamond is set on a size 4.5 ring!
41.gif

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~The diamond is SO SUPER SPARKLY!!!! And I love that setting too!! Any more pics to indulge us in???
30.gif
30.gif

squawks

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately that''s all the pics I took for today before the camera''s battery died out - the sun was setting too so it wasn''t my favorite lighting condition but nevertheless, it was still bright out.

I''ll drag out the woman again tomorrow for more pics!
36.gif
9.gif
Hopefully she won''t object!
41.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow- that''s incredible.
there''s nothing like a classic solitaire.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2006 6:31:23 PM
Author: squawks
Diamondseeker, BlueNile did not tell me it was a hearts & arrows diamond - I bought it primarily based off of the AGSL report (which I somewhat regret as an amateurish move) and HCA score. So plainly put, I did not know whether it would be a true hearts and arrows cut diamond. BN sent me the diamond over a couple weeks ago and personally I couldn''t see the arrows/hearts but that''s more likely due to me being amateurish (perhaps I didn''t observe the diamond in proper lighting conditions and/or viewing angles?).

I also was a little confident that an AGS ideal would be sufficient - I checked GOG and WhiteFlash''s inhouse selections and every single AGS ideal cut stone they had displayed perfect arrows.

Maybe it was a gamble to begin with but with a 30-day no-hassles return policy, it''s not so bad in the end (WhiteFlash for example has a whopping 20% restocking fee).

EDIT: It''s actually quite humorous because I never considered the diamond to be a H&A diamond until WhiteFlash reset the loose stone for me and took pictures of it, clearly displaying the arrows. I don''t know how they do it, but it sure made me more ''glad'' about my purchase!
9.gif
Well Kevin, I think you did great! Very interesting to get hearts and arrows as a bonus! And they are hard to see just looking at the diamond.( I do think you are not quite correct about WhiteFlash, however. I think there is a 100% money back within 10 days for the diamond and stock setting. I think the 20% restocking fee is for custom settings or those that they have to order.)

http://www.whiteflash.com/policies/return.aspx

squawks

Rough_Rock
Oops, yes, you are indeed correct, DS! More kudos to WhiteFlash, who did a superb job on setting the stone!
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow that diamond looks incredible in those hand shots!!!

squawks

Rough_Rock
Here are more pics! Under tungsten lighting this time instead of under the sun. You can see a little more yellowish warmth in the stone this time around (but then again the lighting is quite yellow).

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
What a great surprise those arrows were! It looks huge on your tiny finger! I''m not sure what your old setting was, but this to me looks like a great setting, it looks "built" rather than mass produced! GREAT job!

fatalysis

Rough_Rock
Very beautiful ring! I''m highly considering a Tiffany style 6 prong ring as well from Whiteflash. Is this the Tiffany knife edge setting?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! congrats,beautiful hand shots
36.gif
a classic beauty
30.gif
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results