shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you getting your SO for Xmas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious....

What are you planning to get your honey for Xmas? I need ideas! Hee
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something golf related, he''s a golf fanatic. And a nice cashmere sweater I think.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a nice giftie for Greg up my sleeve, but I want to buy it before I post about it.
2.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
We decided to buy ourselves a flat screen TV as a gift for both of us. Little does he realize that this paints the path toward us chipping in and buying a 2 carat diamond for me in 10 years...lol

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
He''s getting an automatic sprinkler system for the entire yard.
1.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My husband is super hard to buy for. He doesn''t have any of the typical guy hobbies like golf, video gaming etc. He came equipped with the big screen TV when I met him. I''m not sure on the big gift. But I did find a great book--1000 Places to Visit Before You Die. We love to travel so he''ll have fun going through it and picking our next vacation spot. We actually are went to one of the places on our honeymoon....so only 999 more to go...

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I''m faced with the same dilemma. Sam is very hard to shop for. He has no major sport or hobby, except fixing cars (that''s what he does for a living) and let''s face it, I don''t know the difference from one tool to another. Maybe I can get away with a gift card?

But I''m so NOT a gift card person. I believe the gift is all about the thought. I have no idea what I''m going to get him. He has everything that he needs. The only thing that he wants lately is a laptop, but I don''t think I can fit that into my budget......

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Mark just had a birthday and I spoiled him with a new leather jacket, a monogrammed wallet ($100) and a new pair of dress shoes. Last weekend he went to Best Buy and replaced our DVD player with a progressive scan one (we had one of the first to come out and now it doesn''t play DVR discs) AND a new set of speakers ($200) for the computer cause he loves listening to music while he works.

Well I guess between his birthday and his personal shopping trips - which by the way he brought me back nothing
6.gif
(isn''t there a rule against that?) but claimed that each item was to be used by both of us cause it wasn''t JUST for him - I''m stumped.

Oh well ladies, hold the phones, let me cross computer speakers off my list of things for Christmas!
20.gif

Last year we bought a new washer and dryer set and a super-mattress so we decided not to exchange gifts.

He has all the clothes in the world (metrosexual) but won''t wear sweaters. I know he wants a flat screen
20.gif

He''s getting socks and underwear.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Milly,

Your guy and my husband are the same! Car Car Car. Nothing turns his head...but automotive stuff. I missed out on a beautiful set of chrome finished jack stands at Sams Club. They were made by Goodyear racing and superior in quality. (I called all of them but non will ship me there stock...poo). Anyway, they also have really great mechanic creepers, and mechanic stools on wheels. You might see if he needs a new creeper. There are some that are as comfortable as a lazyboy. My hubby just bought a pair of mechanic gloves. They are like second skin...because you can''t work in anything too clumsy. But there is enough glove to protect him from the heat of the engine. They look really cool. Black ribbed with bright yellow accents. Since mine also has every tool he needs...he is hard to buy for. Unless I notice something needs replaced...it is tough. Oh I bought him this metal bowl that is magnatized. Every bolt he removes go into the bowl...and doesn''t get lost. The bowl is also a magnet..so it attaches to any surface on the car. He said it revolutionized his work day. It was only $6.00.

He has passions for certain cars, and I always try to find something themed in that idea. Car magazine subscriptions are good. This year he came up with an idea...he said if anyone wants to know what to buy me from here on out...tell them to buy a raffle ticket...There are charity raffles in the afore mentioned car magazines...that have some great cars. He said it is a win win for all. He gets to know the money goes to charity...and a slim hope he''ll win the car. Most tickets are are at least $50. Some are higher depending on the amount of tickets planning to be sold.

Just thought if I rattled my brain...something may fall out for you. After rereading my post...it is evident that there was nothing much in there to shake out. I Better get busy my self
6.gif

DKS!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I got my bf hockey tix to a really great game for himself and a friend (I dont do sports)! His bday is next week, and I got him a memory stick for his computer (he can be a geek sometimes) and I was thinking about giving him the hockey tix to see if that would help secure my ering for the near future...heh heh heh
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a nice present sweetpea!! Good to ensure that ering huh???

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Last year we spent quite a bit on each other and this year I was honest about not being able to do that this year. So I'll get him a nice cashmere sweater I think. This past year I've been making him work on his wardrobe and we've been upgrading things....he owns no cashmere, so this will be perfect. But then today he was eyeing a burberry cashmere scarf so maybe that...but he'll probably enjoy the sweater more.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2005 2:02:15 PM
Author: treysar
We decided to buy ourselves a flat screen TV as a gift for both of us. Little does he realize that this paints the path toward us chipping in and buying a 2 carat diamond for me in 10 years...lol
We got a new TV too (plasma) along with a surround system. This takes care of xmas for the next five years
2.gif

My husband is very difficult to shop for (he never says, "I want this or I'd love that." he's kind of mute about the whole desire subject) so I'm so relieved he bought all that electronic crap as now I'm off the hook for any big gift. I guess I'll get him a few DVDs or something!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2005 10:21:08 PM
Author: MC

Date: 11/17/2005 2:02:15 PM
Author: treysar
We got a new TV too (plasma) along with a surround system. This takes care of xmas for the next five years
2.gif
MC what happened to smashing the TV and going without!?!?!? Was that designed to get him to buy a plasma? hehee.
5.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

2.gif

My husband is very difficult to shop for (he never says, ''I want this or I''d love that.'' he''s kind of mute about the whole desire subject) so I''m so relieved he bought all that electronic crap as now I''m off the hook for any big gift. I guess I''ll get him a few DVDs or something!
MC
if you ever decide to smash your plasma TV
31.gif
don''t do it, ship it to me.
9.gif
11.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2005 1:45:51 PM
Author: kaleigh
Something golf related, he''s a golf fanatic. And a nice cashmere sweater I think.
Kaleigh
you pay for his round of golf at Pebble Beach.a golf fanatic will love it.
36.gif
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I want to get my husband a new LV wallet. He currently has a Coach one that is about 5 years old and it is coming apart. The thread is unravelling, the leather is broken in certain areas.
Eluxury is having a free shipping promo right now until 12/14, I believe. so I will get it soon.
My husband hates to go shopping and when I tried to get him to come into the LV and Coach stores with me to look at wallets, he said no way!
He believes in buying strictly for necessity and not for pure desire. I guess this is good because we would be doomed if both of us shopped the way I do!
2.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I have bf''s bday right by xmas so it''s so tough!
He wants a tool box, that''s not fun for me nor do I want to wrap that!
31.gif

He wants an automatic/remote car starter
I want to get him a 1985 White Sox Jersey that he always talks about, little did I know how pricey it is so we''ll see!!
We set a limit this year.
27.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve always thought couples'' massages would be a nice gift for my husband (and obviously it would benefit me, too!) Have you gals with car fanatic husbands who are hard to shop for thought of that? I was just thinking about it because we had a massage therapist who does those chair massages in the office today as a treat for all of us hard-working employees. It was great! They do house calls, too. Last year my husband gave me a spa package and a massage in January sure helps beat those winter blues and makes you forget all about holiday stress!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Great idea monarch...

Well for other husbands...mine nearly punched the tailor at the last suit fitting. He not so happy about other people touching him. That poor tailor was frightened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
A Tandem Kayak

he has a single one now and wants a tandem so others can go with him!
And all the goodies to go with it.

GPS system to take on his kayak
slacks
shoes
cologne
cd''s (classical spanish guitar)
a few casual shirts

and he wants a bassett hound - I''m not ready for that - yet!

(oh and I did something only a frazzeled Santa would do - I ordered the same book this year that I gave him last year !!)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 12:05:04 AM
Author: Mara

2.gif
MC what happened to smashing the TV and going without!?!?!? Was that designed to get him to buy a plasma? hehee.
5.gif
well, actually this was entirely my husband''s little plan. he got rid of the tv and then started going through football withdrawls & having cold sweats and all that and immediately (as in no will power) ran off to circuit city for his fix
6.gif
. Now he sits on the couch all day sunday and all night monday drinking beer while I slave after the kids and plotting my revenge. I came home with a new $100 INC velvet blazer today and he was all supportive and stuff
20.gif

Oh, but the greatest thing happened. since we got the new tv and resigned up for Netflix, we''ve been watching season one of Lost and oh man, I think I''m in love with Sayid, Mathew Fox and the cute LOTRs hobbit guy too
30.gif
, soooo the new tv has it''s perks!
2.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 3:04:06 PM
Author: monarch64
I''ve always thought couples'' massages would be a nice gift for my husband (and obviously it would benefit me, too!) Have you gals with car fanatic husbands who are hard to shop for thought of that? I was just thinking about it because we had a massage therapist who does those chair massages in the office today as a treat for all of us hard-working employees. It was great! They do house calls, too. Last year my husband gave me a spa package and a massage in January sure helps beat those winter blues and makes you forget all about holiday stress!
I thought that too. and for valentines this past year we went on a little getaway to Charleston, SC. My suprise gift for him was a couples massage at the swanky hotel. Yeah, not such a great idea. He would not do it. He isnt much into personal contact with strangers.... It was not the best of experiences. My suggestion is to make sure he is not repulsed by the idea. I never thought he would be....but i ended up paying $250 for a massage neither of us got!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We did a couples massage a year or two ago at a spa resort, which Greg didn''t LOVE but he liked it (probably would have liked it better if it was a gal doing it), and I was like HAHA we are SO doing it...no backing out buddy!
31.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 8:59:00 PM
Author: Mara
We did a couples massage a year or two ago at a spa resort, which Greg didn''t LOVE but he liked it (probably would have liked it better if it was a gal doing it), and I was like HAHA we are SO doing it...no backing out buddy!
31.gif
My BF would LOVE a massage--I''m the one who hates being touched by strangers! I dont even like facials, they creep me out with someone looking at my face so closely. He''s broken almost every bone in his body (rugby) and is ALWAYS asking for a massage. Thanks for the future gift idea!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2005 8:07:25 PM
Author: kaleigh
That''s a nice present sweetpea!! Good to ensure that ering huh???

Heh, I wish...we''ll see
27.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, here''s another idea: last year my mother gave my husband one of those medium size soft-sided coolers full of tail-gating supplies. I wished I had thought of it! He is a big sports fan, but whatever outdoor activity your guy likes (fishing, golfing, camping, uh, bird-watching?) you could put different things in it. My husband loved it and uses it a lot. This year he hinted around that he wants a big ol'' fresh water aquarium for the basement, but I don''t think I can put fish in a cooler.
emotion-40.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Monarch,

You Cracked me up! I was going to tell you to put the the live fish in a bag in the cooler, then I pictured them being BELLY UP because their is not enough air to last too long...and then that cracked me up. You could give him a GC to buy the fish...and put that in the cooler. Little net, and fish nibbles...and funky chunky glass...and that silly treasure chest or that coral looking stuff. Oooo!! Ooo!! ooo!! Give him the GC with a ceramic mermaid...for the bottom of the aquarium!! Make him a gift basket with a classic glass fish bowl filled with all he needs...and the va va voom Mermaid.

For the icechest idea: Fill the icechest with his favorite soda, and munchies. And if you live somewhere cold, use his favorite sport themed gloves, sock hat, hand warmers, if he is a goofy fan-don''t forget the face paint...and team colored curly wig. And then tail gate munchie stuff. Fill the empty space with overflowing crinkle paper!

And Get the mermaid.

DKS

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I got my bf a mini-plan to the Rangers. He''s been dying to go to a Rangers game in MSG forever, so I broke down. There are 7 games in total & we''ve already gone to 2. I don''t mind going to the games much - going to the city is always fun! It stinks cause I couldn''t surprise him on Christmas, but he says it''s a great gift.

Other years, I''ve gotten him:

Nintendo DS
Leather Jacket
Decorations for his college apartment (the bubble light & fountain haven''t really found a place in our new house yet
emwink.gif
)
video games
sweaters
movies

He does like any electronic/video game/sport related item, so he''s pretty easy to shop for.

The way I figure out what he really wants is just take mental notes of the things he''s looking up on the computer, what he gets excited about on T.V. (which is hard with Tivo), and what he talks about. I always think he doesn''t want anything, but when I really pay attention, he gives tons of clues!

Good luck - I''m sure you''ll find something!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
face1.gif
Door Knob Solitaire, you are too funny!!! I love your fish tank ideas, they are really creative. I have to tell you though, that I am pretty much against the fish tank. I am trying to discourage it as much as possible. It''s not that I don''t like fish tanks, it''s the fact that when my husband gets an idea in his head, he tends to be a little, uh, impulsive, and gets a little carried away. For example, we have a very small house with a little bitty basement where he wants to put the fish tank. That would be ok if he just wanted your standard 30 gallon tank, but no, he would really like to have a 75 gallon aquarium! We are planning to move into a bigger house in the next 2 years, and I know fish tanks are not easy to move, no matter what size they are! But when we move to a bigger house and he finally gets his big ol'' fish tank I have taken notes on your ideas and will be sure to use them! Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results