shape
carat
color
clarity

I am so bummed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I am soooooo bummed. I had been going back to see these two paintings in my local art gallery for months. I went about every other month and they were still there. Well, the other day I was looking online about the artist and I saw many of his other works and didn''t like any of them. So, I was about to decide to go ahead and get them because I was afraid if I didn''t, I wouldn''t find anything I loved as much. My husband loved them too and I had the perfect spot for them in my living room and they were the perfect size and I loved the muted tones. So, I went in the gallery and the lady saw me and said immediately, "I sold one of your paintings''. I was praying it was the first one because I while I loved both, I liked the second one better. But nope. She sold it. I have searched and searched the artist to see if there is anything like it but there isn''t!!! RATS!!!!!$*(%$)%(
Thanks. I just wanted to vent.

laricchia-returningtug.jpg

laricchia-hurryingparis.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Allison, I know exactly what you''re going through. My husband had been in love with a paiting by a particular artist and we would go to visit it frequently in a gallery near our home. I called last October to buy it as a surprise and have them hold it until Christmas and it had JUST SOLD
39.gif
. The artist won''t even take a commission to make something similar so now we''re back to searching through the new stuff that she produces to find something that we like as much.

Don''t worry, that perfect piece will come along. It will just take a little longer than you thought...
8.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Makes me glad I can paint-- hobby and decor all in one!

Best of luck in your search, you two; it can be really tricky to find the ''perfect'' work of art to enhance a room.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, i''ve been too late more than once. my philosphy now is: if i like it, will it bother me if i walk away from it and its gone when i come back? if the answer is ''yes'', then i''d better buy it now.

movie zombie

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2006 7:50:48 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh Allison, I know exactly what you''re going through. My husband had been in love with a paiting by a particular artist and we would go to visit it frequently in a gallery near our home. I called last October to buy it as a surprise and have them hold it until Christmas and it had JUST SOLD
39.gif
. The artist won''t even take a commission to make something similar so now we''re back to searching through the new stuff that she produces to find something that we like as much.

Don''t worry, that perfect piece will come along. It will just take a little longer than you thought...
8.gif
I was actually thinking of trying to contact the artist to do another one like it. He is Italian and I found an email but I don''t know if he speaks English so I feel kind of silly contacting him. I think I will call the gallery tomorrow since they are closed today and see if they have any ideas. I had a friend from out of town with me Sat so I didn''t want to hang out there too long.

Doesn''t it SUCK? That''s exactly what happened. It sounds like she had JUST sold it.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 2:49:02 PM
Author: movie zombie
yep, i''ve been too late more than once. my philosphy now is: if i like it, will it bother me if i walk away from it and its gone when i come back? if the answer is ''yes'', then i''d better buy it now.

movie zombie
I had JUST come to this point. I thought, if I go there and it is gone I will be so bummed and well, you know....

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! I called the owner of the art gallery and she said she requested three more Paris street scenes from this artist for her fall show. I was concerned that they might be different sizes and she said even though they had one different size earlier this year (which we saw), he usually paints the same size. She said the boat one is way more unusual so I put it on hold. She was going to call the broker and see if he had any Paris ones sooner but if not, she would let me preview them early before the public saw them so I can pick which one I like best. Yeah!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 4:07:07 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
Date: 7/31/2006 2:49:02 PM

Author: movie zombie

movie zombie

I had JUST come to this point. I thought, if I go there and it is gone I will be so bummed and well, you know....

That''s what my mom always taught me too!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s good news, AF! hope it works out for you.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results