shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a Louis Vuitton purse

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in the market for a new fall purse. I love Burberry as you can tell by my name, but I have too many to count. I also love LV, I've had the Speedy 40 for over a year now. I need help choosing my next LV purse, here are a few I like:

Neverfull GM

Damier Neverfull GM

I think both of those would make a cute everyday tote/bag for school (I'm in college).

I think the Odeon is cute too, I've never seen anyone with it.

Lockit Vertical

The Sac Plat is yummy, I love it in the Damier

Which one do you like best? I can't decide, I can spend $750-1500. Should I go with LV, or wait and get a Chanel when I turn 20? Are there other brands that you prefer over LV? I'm willing to spend more than $1500 if I absolutely love a bag. Thanks!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I like the Odeon but did you consider the Totally or Cabas Piano?

I have heard negative reviews of the neverfull owing to the thin straps. But between the mono or damier NF, I would choose the damier every time.

Happy shopping!

ETA: Where did you get your pictures; that last pic looks off to me...esp with the tag. Make sure you buy from a reputable reseller or LV boutique.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I think the Odeon is super cute, but would it hold everything you need for school?

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 4:45:59 PM
Author: Steel

I have heard negative reviews of the neverfull owing to the thin straps. But between the mono or damier NF, I would choose the damier every time.

Happy shopping!

ETA: Where did you get your pictures; that last pic looks off to me...esp with the tag. Make sure you buy from a reputable reseller or LV boutique.

Thanks Steel! I love the Totally and Cabas Piano. I''m (well I guess my Dad is) buying her either of those for her bday. Probably the Totally, so I''ll have fun borrowing it from her :). I have heard the same about the neverfull, and I totally agree about the damier. I love that pattern. Thanks for the warning about the pics, I was in a hurry when I posted. They were just for reference. I always buy my purses from my guy at the LV boutique at Saks Fifth Avenue
1.gif
I love him!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 5:49:24 PM
Author: tigian
I think the Odeon is super cute, but would it hold everything you need for school?
Prob not lol. It would be a fun purse to have, I actually have something similar to it already.. I''m leaning towards the Sac Plat in Damier... I can never decide

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
I have the LV Neverfull GM, Love it! It's quite an utilitarian bag. It's so comfortable and the perfect size to wear as an everyday tote. I carry a lot of stuff around with me and it fits all of it and then some. I love shopping with it because I can throw my purchases in there as well and not have to carry them. The straps look thin but are quite strong, SA told me that they are built to carry heavy loads. I like how you can make it a sleeker look if you wish to with the side tassles. The style is so simple that I can wear it with everything, can't go wrong with LV!

Chanel is my favorite handbag brand though.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 7:42:27 PM
Author: Burberrygirl
Date: 8/14/2009 4:45:59 PM

Author: Steel

Happy shopping!

Thanks Steel! I love the Totally and Cabas Piano. I'm (well I guess my Dad is) buying her either of those for her bday. Probably the Totally, so I'll have fun borrowing it from her :). I have heard the same about the neverfull, and I totally agree about the damier. I love that pattern. Thanks for the warning about the pics, I was in a hurry when I posted. They were just for reference. I always buy my purses from my guy at the LV boutique at Saks Fifth Avenue
1.gif
I love him!

Oops, I just realized that part of my post didn't make sense lol. My Mom is getting also getting a new LV from my Dad. I showed her the Totally, and she's in love. Just thought I'd clarify
1.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2009 12:12:30 AM
Author: Shopaholic
I have the LV Neverfull GM, Love it! It''s quite an utilitarian bag. It''s so comfortable and the perfect size to wear as an everyday tote. I carry a lot of stuff around with me and it fits all of it and then some. I love shopping with it because I can throw my purchases in there as well and not have to carry them. The straps look thin but are quite strong, SA told me that they are built to carry heavy loads. I like how you can make it a sleeker look if you wish to with the side tassles. The style is so simple that I can wear it with everything, can''t go wrong with LV!

Chanel is my favorite handbag brand though.

Shopaholic - Thanks, it''s good to hear that those straps are stronger than they look! I guess the Neverfull is back in the running.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love the Neverfull, especially the Damier!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you're looking for an every day bag, but I love this: the Eclipse line is fairly new. It comes with black or gold sequins. Here's a picture of a pochette - I ordered a Speedy yesterday. (The picture is from the purse forum.)

Eclipse2.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Madam Bijoux - The eclipse line is gorgeous, I love the speedy. Did you get it in the black or the gold?

I'm still deciding between the Neverfull and the Sac Plat.. maybe I'll get both.
1.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Burberrygirl! I ordered the gold one. They said it should be here in about 2 weeks.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had the Sac Plat, and I didn''t like it at all. It wasn''t very usable, for me anyway. I''d pick the Neverful in Damier.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 2:03:05 PM
I guess those links didn''t work. Here''s the Neverfull GM
gets my vote
36.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 2:07:55 PM
Same in Damier
This one is my fav!!!!

ETA- sorry, thought the pic might come up... The Neverfull is the one I'd go with!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies, thank you so much for all your responses. I start school next week and I need a big new LV asap. I''ve decided to go with the Neverfull GM in Damier for now. I''m sure I''ll end up with the Sac Plat for my bday or Christmas
1.gif
. It''s funny because I showed my mom the Neverfull and she wants it in the PM or MM Monogram lol. LV is contagious!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 4:55:40 PM
Hey ladies, thank you so much for all your responses. I start school next week and I need a big new LV asap. I''ve decided to go with the Neverfull GM in Damier for now. I''m sure I''ll end up with the Sac Plat for my bday or Christmas
1.gif
. It''s funny because I showed my mom the Neverfull and she wants it in the PM or MM Monogram lol. LV is contagious!

Good choice
1.gif
I forgot to mention, a classmate last year had the Neverfull Damier and it was gorgeous! And perfect for classes

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
That''s good to hear Brown.Eyed.Girl. I''m going to look at the Palermo too. I''ve heard mixed things about it, so I''ll probably end up with the Neverfull
1.gif

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
Hi Burberrygirl! Have you taken a look at the Trevi? I believe that the Trevi GM will fit your purposes very well. Roomy enough for A4 documents yet professional looking for meetings and presentations.

I used to own the LV Sac Plat; it really served me well! I just sold it away though, no need for such smart-looking bags now. Am carrying the Neverful MM now; total winner!:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results