shape
carat
color
clarity

flip flops!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Havaianas!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reefs with the thin bands for casual and Bernardos for something a bit dressier.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second Mara''s vote for Havaianas! And neatfreak, I love the look of bernardos and bought a pair of the medieval sandals... unfortunately the shape of my foot makes that metal part so uncomfortable. I was majorly bummed. Looks like I''ll be selling them on eBay
2.gif
haha

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
a black and white Hawaiian print cotton pair
bought them at a sporting goods store last summer.

there is a flip flop site, I used to cruise through
it all the time - gotta go see if I can find it.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matt Bernson! I got the metallic bronze ones below. While they don''t have cushiony soles, they are somehow still very comfortable (and this is coming from a girl who thinks most flipflops are murder on the feet). Plus, since there''s that extra strip of leather they stay on the feet and don''t flip and flop all over the place. I got these from shopintuition.com and I wear them A LOT.

15967.l.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Another Havaiana vote. I live in flip flops! My other fave is a pair of RL sandals that are similar to the ones KD posted but they have a chunkier sole.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Rainbow Sandals. They''re pricy for flip flops but they last forever.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Havianas and Bernardos too, but for really dressy I like jeweled ones from Prada or Miu Miu...there are a few other ones too that I have seen. Havianas have amazing color choices and so does Bernardo, they have so many styles and colors...I have gold, silver, bronze, dark brown, and they are comfy! I also like the flat Jack Roger''s sandals too, the two tone ones are so pretty when you get a nice color combo.

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
I''ve totally converted to Merrell bahias - they hug your foot so you don''t have to grip with your toes and they don''t fly off and are super cushy! They have many different fun colors...

17304147_640.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have some J Crew flipflops that I really like. They''re pretty cushiony and come in a lot of cute patterns.

beaming

Rough_Rock
the best ones I had recently were some sperrys. So comfortable. unfortunately, the vacumn cleaner ate the top of one of them. I also have some black havianas which I love but they don''t offer quite as much support.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live in reefs with the thicker band. My feet are wider so I love that my little toe doesn''t hang off the edge.

I am happy to live in a place where I can wear flip flops all year!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 4:56:15 AM
Author: goldenstar
Rainbow Sandals. They''re pricy for flip flops but they last forever.
ooh yes, rainbows too! Love the "guy" versions with the thicker bands and wider sole.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 1:11:07 PM
Author: Cind11
I have some J Crew flipflops that I really like. They''re pretty cushiony and come in a lot of cute patterns.

I second that. My favorite flip flops are from J Crew. They are super squishy and comfy (And only like $9/pair at the outlets.)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Matt Bernson but cannot tell what size I need, I feel I am in between sizes for some reason...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Reefs! So comfy and cute styles!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I just got a pair of crocs flip flops. Crocs is the company that makes those wierd-looking clog shoes with the holes in them. Hubby has been wanting a pair for awhile
38.gif
and we came across a shop while in New Orleans earlier this week.

THEY ARE SOOOOOO COMFY!

This is almost like the pair I got, but with white instead of the green.

mycrocs.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hm... I''m a fan of reefs. some of my friends swear by rainbow but I don''t like the tan colors and I can''t find any others??

but speaking of flip flops, I saw some really cute ones with silk/fabric straps... but I can''t remember where or what brand or anything... anyone else seen any like that? they were super comfy too! dang I shoulda bought them when I saw them...
14.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i
emlove.gif
rainbows -- though i desperately need a new pair as I''ve worn them down so much they have holes and they are durable!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I picked up another pair of Havaianas yesterday- hot pink w/ a gold floral pattern on the sole- so cute.

I like the j. crew ones w/ the black soles and the ribbon/canvas tops- but get worn and stretched out.

Also I have 2 pairs of "nice" flips from Lilly Pulitzer that are leather- they are dressier, not for pool or beach.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can someone please explain the appeal of Havianas (sp?!) to me? Not being cheeky here or anything - I just saw a pair on someone yesterday and they just looked like some plastic flip flops I could get at Walgreens or something. Are they made well? What am I missing?! I want to know cuz I could use a few pairs for the summer!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 9:39:26 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Can someone please explain the appeal of Havianas (sp?!) to me? Not being cheeky here or anything - I just saw a pair on someone yesterday and they just looked like some plastic flip flops I could get at Walgreens or something. Are they made well? What am I missing?! I want to know cuz I could use a few pairs for the summer!
I recently bought a pair of Tarjay flip flops to wear inside the house so I can tell you that there really is a difference in comfort between the two. The Target flip flops are hard and stiff. Havaianas are soft and sort of squishy. They really are very comfortable...And they come in cute patterns and colors.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I found these cute not-too-casual flip flops at Nine West. Love ''em! I bought a pair in black and brown and I''m considering getting a pair of the red.

PG.NWORENDA.BLKBKLE.PD.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I found these adorable clear jelly flip flops with crystals from Stuart Weitzman at Nordstrom''s. They are casual and yet a little bit dressy at the same time and quite comfortable.

Weitzmanjelly2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hav for me are super comfy...I even wear them sometimes to walk 2-3 miles in and they are almost as comfy as gym shoes! Not such great support but I like knowing I have flip flops that I can go the distance in. Sometimes though the edges of the top rubber are too sharp and I have had them cut my feet while breaking them in. But once they are broken in (and a few bandaids later) they are soo fab. I almost hate buying new ones because my old ones are so comfy. But I wear them out literally wear to year.

This year they came out with some SUPER CUTE slim styles that are more fancy and flattering to feet in my opinion. I got the silver metallic top rubber ones in slim with black bottoms. And I ordered a pair of slim green which is like a slim metallicy green rubber top and then the bottom is the cutest green and white floral plattern. But the online store sent me the wrong ones, a hideous bright green in regular, ugh. So I am still trying to get the slim patterned ones I wanted. Oh well!!

I also have other flip flops that I buy, aka I got some from NM last call that are cute and more dressy with leather tops and flat leather bottoms, $12 or something so I got a pair of white, brown and black. I also just got the cutest Steve Madden ones where the top is actually a patterned scarf and the bottom is leather. They have a few scarf patterns to choose from. Obviously not going to be wearing these on 2 mile walks but they are so cute with an otherwise solid colored outfit. I have maybe about 15-20 pairs of flip flops, some dressy with heels, some flat with just a more casual look, and a bunch of Hav''s. I just love em!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Being able to walk 2-3 miles in them is serious business! I will have to buy a pair and do some test drives.
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I love the Teva flip flops. I have them in 3 colors! They saved my butt when I was on vacation 2 summers ago and I got major blisters from other shoes. I bought a pair of the tevas and walked around in them the entire rest of vacation.

Rainbows are hugely popular here and I bought a pair a couple years ago. They are cute but they totally don''t work for me. After just a couple hours my feet HURT! I have the kind with the single wide sole. Maybe the thicker ones are better. I didn''t know about those when I bought mine. I couldn''t believe I spend $50 on flip flops and I can''t even wear them!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have JCrew (2 inch platforms, I need all the help I can get LOL!) and Sanuk. Sanuk is super comfy and squishy and I feel that I can walk in them forever. They're available at Zappos.com and I even saw them at Sports Authority.

For a ton of flip flops I usually persue http://www.flipfloptrunkshow.com. I wish they had more styles in my size (size 5).

basil

Brilliant_Rock
This is kind of out-there, but...

I had this pair of flip-flops back in the 80s. They had a thick-ish black sole with a stripe down the middle, nylon straps with suede on top. And the stripe, nylon, and suede were all the same color (mine were green, but my mom had a blue and a yellow pair). I''ve really wanted a pair like this for years now and I can''t find anything exactly like these.

Does anyone know if these are still made, or if they are any particular brand? Nothing I''ve seen quite compares.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results