shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall and Winter Must-Have''s??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did this for Spring so figure why not for fall/winter as I do all my warm-clothing and figure out what I need to buy for work and casual etc...since we are in CA I think we lag behind other states getting warm clothes, so I am just now doing my real warm-clothing shopping...

An absolute must-have for me are always the Juicy Velours for fall/winter because they are so cozy for the weekends. Greg told me today that it's obvious those are for women to look at other women in because they aren't impressive to men. He says they are basically expensive sweats.
2.gif

Also I'm shopping for boots, DSW has an amazing selection of boots and shoes right now, SO overwhelming, I need to go there and hang out for a good few hours and figure out what I am going to select. I want to get a pair of brown tall stretch boots with a rounded ballet toe, and they had a pair there by Unlisted for $40 (bargain) that fit me fabulously but I needed one 1/2 size larger for the toes. So I'm waiting for inventory to replenish. Also I want a pair of shorter rounded toe very low or flat-heel boots that I can pair with long jeans for weekend wear with sweaters.

The other thing I am on the hunt for are warm-material gauchos...BCBG has about 5-6 styles in various wool or flannel blends. I'm going to wear these with the tall boots and sweaters or layered button downs and then a fitted sweater for work/client calls. I have a list of what to look at and try on next time I am at BCBG. Because I can guarantee that 3/4 of what looks good on the model will not look so great on me.
20.gif
Oh and one more classic pair of wool or flannel straight/boot cut black pants for work.

I also need to get a few more pairs of jeans, this is another multi-hour try-on session to figure out what style and brand works for me this season. I can only buy two pairs at full price since I like the expensive jeans, so unless I can find the style I choose on eBay, I'm stuck with 2 new pairs. I wear jeans all fall/winter with different things so I love to get new ones in different washes.

Here's a sweater I am coveting from ShopBop, but I think that I can have my mom make something similar since she's a master with the knitting needles. I think this sweater runs about $250 so we can definitely get something similar made for cheaper than that!
http://www.shopbop.com/fp/3/11.htm

Another thing that I really am interested in is getting a new fitted corduroy blazer for layering over a sweater...I hear Old Navy has a nice staple one for a good price, so I could get it in a few different colors and do mix and match. I don't really want to spend alot on the blazer since I wear it out fairly quickly and I'd like to get a few.

and last but never least...my current obsession is a pair of diamond hoops, I've found a few at various online vendors that could work (much of what has been mentioned on here previously in other hoop threads!!), because I wear alot of sweaters and turtlenecks with my hair up for the winter and nothing would look better or complete the 'look' more than a pair of swingy hoop sparklies.
31.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Well, I am not really supposed to be shopping and I don''t really need anything, but I have gotten a few things recently.
2.gif

To begin with and I actually got these before the baby was born, I got that Roberto Coin tiny treasures heart and matching earrings set. Then I got a right hand middle finger princess and baguette ring. Then I got the LV trouville bag after seeing a picture of it on Penelope Cruz (she had the larger version).

Since having the baby, I have gotten those three Juicy velour sets in City, Louis V and Sarah J. I had to have those since I have not worn a full set ( I was only wearing the pants) since April because they wouldn''t fit me.
39.gif

I bought two pairs of sneakers last week and a pair of shoes. One pair were Pumas and the other two were from Aldo. I haven''t bought sneakers in 2 years and the ones I had were ripped around the edges. I decided I needed two new pairs to go with the new Juicy sets! My husband says I am crazy.

I''m getting a coat from Banana Republic. It''s the top stitch trench coat in the color Camel. I was a little hesitant to buy something with a belt, but it is removable and I don''t have anything similar, so I have to have it. It should come next week.

I don''t need jeans because right before I found out I was pregnant, I had bought three pairs (2 Se7ens and 1 Citizens) and I had them hemmed right away but didn''t wear them at all during my pregnancy. I finally wore one pair last week, so I still have two basically brand new pairs of jeans waiting to be worn.

I bought new underwear from Victoria''s Secrets.
31.gif

I got two James Perse L/s shirts, one stretched scoop neck in Fawn and one crew neck in Peat. I also got a C&C California Elvira Tunic, but I am thinking of returning it b/c it is very long on me. I did bid on two C&C shirts on ebay, so I have to see if I will win those.

Last, but not least, I want to get the LV pochette Croissant bag.

I will probably get one or two more sweaters from J. Crew or something also, but it''s not on my list...yet!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got the new LV Pleati denim bag, too cute. Also I love cashmere sweaters and found some on sale, can't live without them. That's it so far!!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and I forgot to add my potential new LV Coussin bag..yay! Though I did see a gal today in SF with another cute one...tee hee. Oh honey...

I'm also on the hunt for some fitted basic cable sweaters, JCrew has some various styles and also some merinos I think, but I have not tried them on yet, I want to do a few layering things with some stretch button downs for work...can pair them with almost anything and heels and it works.

I'm this close to buying 2 Juicy sets from ShopBop in the Willy Wonka or Mother Nature and then one set in the Louis V. Woo hoo...finally getting somewhere...I've been doing alot of thinking about what I want to buy but am too lazy (and busy!) to go to the stores yet to try anything on...hehee. My mom keeps asking what store I want a GC to for my bday but I can't make up my mind!

Kayla I love those James Perse stretch shirts...I've got one or two of the asymmetrical strech ones, I love long flared sleeves and the material!

Kaleigh you have to post a pic of the new LV bag, don't know if I have seen it...
31.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I totally agree with the DSW and their boots comment. I was there the other day and I was just like a deer in headlights. I didn''t know what to do.I walked out with one pair of cute black boots and KNOW i need to go back for some different styles. I''m short so enjoy some height BUT with comfort, so I really enjoy wedge heels and they had a ton of cute ones there. Great place but you do need a good couple of hours!
3.gif

I have 2 courdoury blazers from Gap and they are a great staple item. Can wear them to work and out on the weekends. Great wardrobe piece.I''m now looking to add a velvet blazer to my wardrobe.

I''m always on the look out for jeans as well. Just hate shopping for them! I''m short and have some bootie!
31.gif

Ahh shopping. Gotta love it!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I have been in search of fall jackets FOREVER, nothing fit me. I dont know how I''ve lasted so long with out any, just been wearing a leather jacket. But seriously, last year the sales lady at jcrew flat out laughed at me because everything was just so so off on me lol. So a couple weekends ago I was shopping with my bf and we ran into gap. I don''t shop there much, but i looked across from mens to the womens side and saw a little dark purple jacket...well, it fit perfectly so I got it, and then a heavier weight but same style/different color too. I am so happy with them! Total for both?? About $75!!

I also might succumb and get a new set of Juicys. I love City. I should''ve thought about it when Fields was having 20% off of Juicy! But I was too busy buying jeans.

Also on my "to buy" list are new brown shoes or boots, a pair of ballet flats (guess I should check out DSW!), more cashmere and a new purse...not sure what I want yet. I guess a new North Face too, mine is starting to look really bleeehh, but that is sort of low on my list of priorities and not really fall/winter-specific. Since I''ve really only had a work wardrobe for a year, I feel like there are still things for me to fill in gaps, so I''m always keeping my eyes open.

Mara, I have a few of the Jcrew cable sweaters...I like them. Probably get one or two of those again this year just to update my colors. I might try one of their long sleeved tee cashmeres, they looked cute. And i love bcbg pants, but gauchos just look sooo wrong on me! But I love everything else from them. I also like that I''m consistantly the same size with them, so I can anything and it fits, they don''t seem to mess with their sizing.

Angel, jeans are *the* most frustrating things to shop for. I get so mad at myself for spending so much money on them, but I guess if I''m happy that''s all that matters?...I''m sort of tempted to try some of the custom jean places.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in San Diego, so it''s really hard to get into the "fall" stuff. Plus, I was cursed (my husband thinks blessed) with a large bust. Everything this years seems to have a bustline, so nothing fits! And, I''m just about 5''10" so it''s pretty much 7 for all Mankind and Citiziens of Humanity jeans for me! Lots of curves on top and none on the bottom! I''m the opposite of most women, and it''s so frustrating! Nothing this year fits at all! Arrrrgggghhhhh!
29.gif

I did get some slip on suede RocketDogs clogs that feel like slippers though, and some 600ct sheets from Overstock, since I had to shop and couldn''t find clothes!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I'm always on the look out for good flats to wear with pants...like Tod's mocs...I think I may get a pair but my feet are on the side side so that's not a good look...other than that I always get a nice new black fabric fitted 3/4 coat...Not much on the handbag front...I wish Louis would have more black bags...there isn't much on the mat monogram anymore...but am waiting to see the fendi and gucci 2006 collection...oh, and I think a must have for winter is a new 2.5+ cushion
11.gif
I'm getting impatient waiting for a good one to pop up online...
39.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mostly, I''ve picked up all I need. I purchased five or so pairs of jeans and a bunch of basics like camisoles and sweaters. If I had any self control, I''d stop here, but I don''t and now I really really REALLY *need * this juicy sweater!!! It''s cashmere
2.gif

juicybtch.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle I really really really NEED that model''s body!!!!
39.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh MC, I love that sweater, hmmmm.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is soo pretty why do I have to be allergic to wool?
39.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mara,
There''s a 30% off sale on some AG jeans at shopbop. I just ordered three pairs- the Angel in Lyric and Virtual and the Club in 2 am.

Yes, I know I said no more jeans, but what''s a girl to do?

By the way, I tried on both the legend and the angel and I really love the way the angels fit, but the legend was too baggy on me. I normally wear 27, but even the 26''s in the legends are too baggy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll have to check those out Kayla!

I was just at Loehmanns' seeing what they had for fall. I was there for almost two hours, sometimes I hate shopping but my perserverance (and many trips back to the dressing room) paid off. I ended up with a fitted around the butt/hips & straight legged pair of theory pinstriped suit pants (the jacket did not fit me); a theory knit turtleneck sweater in a warm tan; a cropped cuffed pair of striped wool Juicy straight legged suit pants (didn't know they made stuff for suits!) in tans and browns with back pockets and a wide waistband that are a size too big but I can easily get them taken in at the waist and the bigger size made the legs bell out a bit more than the size that actually fit me so I liked these overall better; and then a C&C tank in black and an EightSixty bell long sleeve top in black (I have this in other colors) for layering.

The grand total ? Drumroll...only $340 with sales tax!!! Such a STEAL. The Theory pants retailed for $200+ and the Juicy retailed for $240 alone! I *love* Theory stuff but don't love retail price.

So now I finally started fall shopping with a bang...now I just need to get over to DSW and get some boots and heels to go with my new stuff!
31.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered another pair of jeans by Citizens in the color Tulum, hey, 30% off! Why not! I can always return it.

Mara, it could just be me, but I notice you are buying a lot of clothes that match your new LV?! Tan and Brown and Black....hmmmm
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did the same thing with my white LV, wore lots of solids to match my bag. That didn''t last long.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha actually I always wear alot of solids and especially neutrals, blacks and browns...esp since chocolate brown is soooooo popular right now, I love it anyway so plan to wear tons of it. I actually had some amberish swingy drop earrings on yesterday and noticed in the mirror that they matched my new LV straps...hee hee.

I have to fight to remember to include colors in my wardrobe, my natural impulse is to wear alot of black, it''s slimming and elegant no matter what!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall. It is my favorite.

I would say that my top ten "must haves" for fall include (in order of most important):

1) Tall boots. Black and Brown. I finally retired my last pair of black because (not to sound snobbo) they were soooooo last season
2) A short (and by short, I mean waiste long) fall/winter jacket. I''m in CA now. I don''t think I will need my hip length wool/cashmere pea coat here.
2.gif

3) A few more pairs of gauchos. I got a great fitting pair of black and grey blended wool at... dun dun dun.... Forever 21 for $30 and they fit great and I get non stop compliments on them. Yippee!
4) Cable Knit sweaters, thin and layerable. I want plum, black, cream and olive green.
5) Warm coordinates to wear with my work time slacks. I splurged on a black velvet fitted jacket, but I want a few cordoroy and maybe a tweed.
6) Accessories. I want to learn to wear hats and make it look fabulous. Any tips?
7) A new haircut.
8) New makeup for eyes for fall.
9) One more pair of jeans. I just bought a pair of the new fit "curvy" at the Gap and I was pleasantly surprised. They fit SO SO well and were on sale for $29. HELLO!
10) 2 more "hoody" outfits. That''s what I call fancy sweats with zip up hooded sweat-shirts.

Ta-da!

I also wanted to add that my ENGAGEMENT RING is on the way. It is going to be FABULOUS. That of course will be my top accessory. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my boyfriend. He is perfect.

-Janna

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
In case anyone cares, the Gucci 2006 cruise bags are out. Nothing I love ... but the new black and floral print is so beautiful....will have to wait and see what comes out for spring/summer.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
NEVER MIND!!! THAT MEDIUM TOTE WITH SCARF CLOSURE IS MINE ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking of cable knits for layering, does anyone know where to get thinner, fitted ones? The only ones that I have found online are at JCrew and they look more for warmth than fitting or layering, I have one from last year and it''s definitely thicker. Being a well-built girl up on the chest area, I don''t need extra material making me look even bigger, I liked fitted items....any suggestions?!?!

Janna we so have to go to DSW soon, I NEED some boots and stuff too and that is definitely the shoe mecca.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking of DSW, I just bought a pair of black suede pumps by BCBG with cute silver embelishments that are circle hoops, not buckles. Imagine a horse bit with two circles on either side. I have gotten so many compliments on them and they are very comfortable as well. They were very well priced as well. Love DSW!!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Someone please help!!!Before my husband divorces me!!!
32.gif

I have found the other bag I love, it''s a marc jacobs in dusty pink in the Sophia style.
I have loved this bag for the past three years, when our eyes first met on eluxury and I zoomed into that baby.
I wanted to get it in pink back then, but couldn''t justify spending that much on a pink bag, now, it has returned to me, my first love...... for a fairly reasonable price I might add.....

HELP!!!!!!!!
39.gif
32.gif
23.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock

Okay, I summoned a Marc Jacobs expert on the bag and they said that it came out Spring/Summer 2003 and that it could be a collector''s item because it is one of the first two pink bags he ever made.

She looked at the listing and said that it is authentic and I believe her b/c she has this whole webpage on authenticating Marc Jacob bags. Here''s a link to her webpage, it has a wealth of information for anyone interested in purchasing a MJ bag, with lots of pictures.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=vogue1966

I asked her what would be a good price to pay and she said she had one a few months ago that sold for $425 and she felt that was a little low. This bag is currently listed at $99.

36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
GET IT! Hahah we are absolutely no help!
31.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Your no help!!! I could have gotten my Whiteflash ES diamond martini earrings by now!

By the way, did you know that Marc Jacobs was a lead designer for Louis Vuitton for a decade and just started making his own line five years ago?

I guess it all leads back to Louie in the end..... doesn''t it?
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for Louie!
31.gif

Kayla I have been meaning to ask you...on the Juicy sets you got...this year how is the material of the velour? Last year was pretty ''thick'' I thought and a little ''heavy'' feeling for me, and the year before was better, a little lighter weight. How do you feel it is this year? Too thick, too thin, just right?

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Mara- I am game for DSW. I passed it on the way to lunch yesterday and I had to ignore the shoes calling my name.

Here are the following shoes I "need":

Tall Black Boots
Tall Brown Boots
Short Black Boots

New pointy toed slide (for work)
Comfy boots for casual
Dressy tennis shoes that serve no purpose but to look cute

hee hee!

Butterfly- did you get the bag?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
This is my must have...because my hubby surprised me with it today!!!! and they don''t offer refunds LOL.. I do love it. Prada is a huge rip off for sure...but not when HE''S payin it''s not! :) I''m thrilled! It...I mean he...should be hme any minute!

newpprada.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
But this is my true fall must have now. It''s stunning. Right up my princess of darkness, black wearing self.

gccifl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results