shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Max Mara fans out there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I rarely walk into this store since it is is so expensive. I used to work downtown across the street from it and I would ocassionally walk through it to drool. The clothes are to die for. We went into a few of them in Italy but I didn''t like their spring stuff much. I LOVE their fall stuff.

I saw something in the window the other day and went in to look. Big mistake. I found the most adorable jacket there. It is a black and white rabbit fur vest with a long sleeved black down jacket that goes over it. I gotta get it. It will be on sale next week. I hate their return policy. I think they only give store credit.

Anyone else love this store?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I adore MaxMara but their stuff is sooo expensive! It''s incredibly well made though so I feel like splurging on a few classic pieces is definitely worth it from time to time. My wedding dress was actually a MaxMara gown--not specifically made as a wedding dress but it was perfect for my winter wedding. I''ll try to find a picture. You should also check out ebay--I saw a few stunning MM coats on there a few weeks ago that were brand new with tags--still expensive but less than retail. I bought one of their camel coats with fur trim (major splurge!) a few years ago and it''s so beautiful and will last me a lifetime.

They also have a young/hip line called Max & Co. which has super cute stuff for lower prices. And I love their SportMax line as well. MaxMara has a few outlet stores around the country and I''ve gotten a few end of season deals at the one closest to me. I''m definitely a huge fan!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Here's the top of the dress. It was real mink trim with a few rosettes and 3 little marquis shaped rhinestones. The bust area is stuffed with tissue so it looks a little weird!

Color 0579_17A.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful dress! Very fenimine.

I love MM--their coats and suits are fab. Have both. I just tried on their long mohair/cashmere long coat in chocolate and I think I'll get it--hopefully too on sale! (their stuff is usually picked over for sizes by the time it goes on sale). Only once was I diasppointed in a coat I bought--the fabric looked aged before its time--but the style was excellent.

Post pics if you get the vest AF!

cheers--Sharon

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry that was so big!! Here''s one more of me in the dress. I just loved the simplicity of it and I think that''s something that I love about all of MaxMara''s stuff. Nothing too crazy/trendy, very simple, elegant and timeless.

Color 0573_11.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh so Fab Curlygirl! You look stunning! Elegant+++!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
11.jpg

This looks similiar to the coat I am interested in. Large shawl collar. Very soft and lightweight for quantity of fabric.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
CG: I LOVE that dress. It is different but very cool. You look fabulous in it too.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
A few years ago I bought the most fabulous Max Mara 3/4 fabric navy blue trench...it is still awesome!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what an awesome dress curlygirl! perfect for a winter wedding. you look amazing in it.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter is a huge fan. She was home from college on Saturday. I bought her a dress and a cashmere turtleneck sweater. They both looked great on her. I am such a sucker!!!
11.gif
3.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2006 10:15:46 PM
Author: Kaleigh
My daughter is a huge fan. She was home from college on Saturday. I bought her a dress and a cashmere turtleneck sweater. They both looked great on her. I am such a sucker!!!
11.gif
3.gif

Wow, you are a nice mom!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results