shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts on these cushion cut diamonds? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

franco

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at these two cushion cut stones. My girlfriend and I have been looking for something in the 2.25 carat range, VS2 or better, eye clean, and she likes the ratio between around 1.07 and 1.13 or so. Ive attached the GIA reports and I''d love your opinions on the proportions, especially your thoughts on the "crown angles are greater than 40 degrees" bit. I can see that the cut of that diamond is very different than the typical older-style cushion.

Thanks so much.

-F

stone1FMC.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
actually both look like they may be lovely. cown angles greater than 40 applies even if its 40.5..........also a higher crown is quite nice on these stones and since your overall depth is fine i wouldnt worry

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously, you need to see these. The cut diagrams on the clarity plots are only approximate - and given that cushion cuts come in lots of variations, these could be very approximate...

The second stone is a bit larger.

The radiant style pavilion (if the plot is any hint whatsoever) and steep crown on the first sound... intriguing. I wonder what it might look like myself.

Any chance to see pictures and/or some IScope or ASET images? If not, I''d still use either tool to look at these once you can see them in person.

Just my 0.2 of course
38.gif

In the meantime, you may find THIS PAGE ( a seller''s presentation of the cushion cut) interesting. It may help give an idea of what you could expect from these stones.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The only thing is...that page pictures a "modern cushion" and provides a link to more of them but doesn't really talk about it ! I wish he would!...And I ditto Ana....they could both be lovely! You need to see them...

portia

Brilliant_Rock

franco,

Something to consider... I have a "modern" cushion cut (with a pattern like the 2nd cert you posted). It''s only 1.92 carat, however the measurements are 7.89 x 7.20 x 4.80mm (1:1.10 ratio) which is larger than the 2.26 carat stone you posted (1st cert).

Did you get to see these in person? I''d be curious what the visual difference is since I''ve only seen the modern cushions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results