shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you leave your ring for sizing????

sscott2003

Rough_Rock
I have heard horror stories of people leaving their rings for sizing or repairs. I need my ring sized and they want it left for a week. Thoughts? [url][url][/url][/url]image_3555.jpg

_30414.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who are you considering leaving it with?

What horror stories have you heard?

I believe the general response will be that a jeweller will not risk their reputation to make a quick buck from swapping stones etc.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have left my ring for sizing, re-dipping, repairs, cleaning, etc. As long as it is a jeweler you trust, I don't think it is an issue. There was a story (somewhat) local to me last year of a store changing out people's stones. But I think that is very few and far between from reputable businesses.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, of course I would leave my ring with a competent jeweler. I'm sure that the "horror stories" you've heard are the minority and not the norm...

lilsweetie

Rough_Rock
It does worry me a little bit, so I ask to look at the GIA# under the scope when I pick up the ring again just for peace of mind.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not unless it was the original jeweler that crafted it.

WBPF

Rough_Rock
Can you take it to the same jeweler you bought it from? (Assuming you were happy with them.) I think the horror stories you hear are definitely the minority, and you hear those stories because they are NOT the norm. No one ever hears "I took my ring to get sized and there was no problem" because its not an interesting story! I dont think you will have any problem with a reputable place, but make note ofthe GIA # if it gives you peace of mind. Beautiful ring by the way!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have done so many times with both local and online shops. That said, I don't just go anywhere. I only go to shops that I trust.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi sscot,
I would never ask my guys to rush when adjusting a ring- nor would I recommend you ask whoever is working on your ring to rush it.
Having said that, you really want to make sure whoever you give it to has a good reputation.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results