shape
carat
color
clarity

will lapoussat earring backs fit regular posts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have some nice earrings with friction backs and am worried about losing an earring. I can't wear screwbacks, they tear up my ears.

I found a site that sells the lapousette back, just the part that clips onto the post. Is this a standard thing like a butterfly back? Would this type of clasp fit onto a normal earring post?

Or will I need to take my earrings to a jeweler to get the lapoussant backs to fit properlyl?

And if thats the case, will I need to reset the earrings or can they just change the posts??

And does anyone know if lapoussant backs require a thicker post? I don't think I can wear a thicker post than standard.

Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you tried la pousette backs before? i much prefer the friction backs. they do have to be replaced occasionally but i like them better than la pousette or screwbacks.

sorry, i wasn''t much help but i just wanted to thow out the replacement option too.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Why do you prefer them? What size are your earrings? No I have not tried them but I am worried about losing one of my earrings.

I do have very sensative ears though and I first had screwbacks years ago and they tore up my ears so bad I could not wear earrings for years. So now I have simple friction backs in platinum. But worry about losing one.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The wire posts used with LaPoussette earring backs are a very specific diameter that fits the spring loaded clip mechanism in the backs. Regular wire backs will not work as they do not have a deep enough detent in them to clip properly. If you have heavy posts, then possibly a jeweler could groove them to fit, but that would be less than ideal.

I suggest using heavy weight friction nuts in place of medium or light weight ones. They are a lot more secure that noram weight ear nuts and a lot less money than LaPoussette backs. For people who want the high end back, they also need to take the time to get the proper wires installed.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock

David, Thanks for the info. So if I want lapousette backs, would a jeweler be able to just change the post and attach the new post to the 4 prong basket that the diamonds are in? OR would I need to get a whole new setting for the diamonds?

And do you think that the lapousette settings are more secure than a heavy friction back?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Just my 2 cents here -- I have the Guardian backs (different brand but same general idea as the lapousette), and I love them. They are really nice and secure, and I''ve gotten good at handling them. I have seen people really struggle with the backs tho. Some peoples fingers just seem to be too big or something to be able to handle them easily. I''ve had screw backs, and hated them. I''ve had friction backs and lost them. It would be worth it to me to that the posts changed to get the locking backs. My experience is that it is usally very easy to that the posts changed on earrings.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have the la oousette backs on my diamond stud earrings and like them very much. My friend had screwbacks and couldn''t get one of them in her ear. Her DH suggested she get the hole in her ear made bigger (Men!). Anyway, she did keep her existing baskets and just had the posts replaced and added the la pousette backs. And no, the post isn''t any bigger. She likes them too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results