shape
carat
color
clarity

(Wide)Split Shank Ring for an Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vtaq

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for an Asscehr setting, along the lines of these:

Adiamor
Solomonbrothers

It has been hard to find split shank rings where there is a wide split like these have. Is there any reason why they aren''t more common? Are there any others out there that I may want to consider?

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 1:27:04 AM
Author:vtaq
I''m looking for an Asscehr setting, along the lines of these:

Adiamor
Solomonbrothers

It has been hard to find split shank rings where there is a wide split like these have. Is there any reason why they aren''t more common? Are there any others out there that I may want to consider?
My guess is that a wider split in the shank makes it a big challenge to find a wedding band that matches and sits flush. Some people with the split shank may not care about having a gap. I have seen pictures where people wear two very thin bands, one of either side of the ring, and then the two gaps create a more symmetrical look that looks really cool. But then the rings are very wide on the finger, which may offer it''s own problems (e.g., a more "chunky" look on the finger, not as comfortable to wear). But many people don''t like a gap between the e-ring and the w-band, and so a very wide split shank may not be popular for this reason. It is something to think about if the ring is an e-ring: what will the w-band look like, how will it match, will it be comfortable... I have seen lots of posts on PS trying to figure out what type of w-band to get that will sit flush with an e-ring that is split shank/low profile/curvy etc. I had the same problem with my split shank e-ring and ended up re-mounting my e-ring stone onto a different setting so that I would get the look I wanted with my w-band.

Of course, if the ring will be worn alone, this issue is moot and you can get whatever you like!

Happy hunting! It''s such a fun process!
35.gif

DD

vtaq

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the responses. I actually have been talking to Bill Pearlman about the first one suggested. He is very helpful. After talking to him, I''m confident that this is the right one to get; however, all of these rings look pretty similar to me. From a more experienced point of view, why would you consider the Scott Kay to be significantly better? I also like the fact that it has the matching band. While I like the James Allen, I don''t think that it is my girlfriend''s style.

Alleyoop

Rough_Rock
vtag, I tried on that Scott Kay you are looking at at BBB when I wsy looking. It is spectacular! If it wasn't for the money, that is the one I would have! Scott Kay is a well respected brand, so I think you are fine. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results