shape
carat
color
clarity

Why are J color stones so cheap? Are they really yellow?

poogios

Rough_Rock
My gf/soon to be fiance wants a moderately large diamond of 1.5cts RBC. Problem is my budget is 8k and that barely buys a 1ct ideal cut RBC. She thinks a 1.5ct is within reach because name brand stores have some awful I1/I2 H or I stones for that price. She loves the finger coverage and a halo won't suffice so I need a 7.2-7.4mm diameter stone.

Now, I want a well cut with an HCA of 2.5 or less with a nice ASET. It doesn't have to be an ideal cut Hearts & arrows diamond. I'm looking for eye clean SI1 and around 1.4-1.5ct in size. Given my budget and desire for well cut I have to lower color standards. So there's plenty of J color stones that fit the bill. But bump up to an I color stone and the price increases by 25% or more.

Why is there such a price jump from J to I? Is the color that noticeable?

dontaskme

Rough_Rock
it depends how color sensitive you are. I can't really chime in on the price difference. You've obviously discussed diamonds with your gf, have you talked about color? Even an i will have some body color. I would suggest going to see some GIA color I and J colored diamonds for yourself. Don't trust internet pictures, lighting plays a huge part in how they look.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know why there is such a large price jump from J to I. J's do have a noticeable tint IMO but I can also see it in I color diamonds and even some Hs. All graded by GIA as others have questionable color grades even AGS at times. If you're going with a J stick with GIA or AGS.

Table down the color is apparent so perhaps that's why they are priced lower. But with ideal precision cuts especially the RBC it can hide a lot of color when face up. Also if you look at other cuts that don't perform as well in light performance you'll see the color tint is more apparent. I think as a result the J color price is much lower. Maybe ideal cut J's will reach parity with I but I think because in general Js tend to show some tint the price is lower. So fortunate sort of favors you since you're looking for a RBC. you can go with a J and it'll be pretty white. Maybe throw in it a halo with some lower color stones or choose a design that hides the pavilion. Maybe a bezel setting and you'll have a very hard time noticing the tint.

poogios

Rough_Rock
I guess it makes sense that since J normally shows a yellow cast they are priced lower. In fact I was just looking at other cuts and they seem to recommend H or better. So I should stick with a GIA graded stone?

I've seen a few EGL J stones that were also supposedly H&A cut but they left a lot to be desired. The color was still very yellow and even in the H&A scope the arrows weren't very apparent. But I've read EGL graded J might be more akin to a GIA M or N rating or even worse.

I've only seen one GIA graded J but it was 1ct and only had a good cut. Which means it sucked. It was hard for me to really notice the color as the cut was just so bad. My color sensitivity isn't the best so it might be somewhat pointless for me to view them anyways. MY gf was looking at EGL and IGI and even non certified H and I I1/I2 stones and liked them so I would guess she's not very color sensitive either. Especially when you consider those H and I stones were probably below a GIA J.

So if I do go with a J which seems likely, what setting is best? It'll show its color mostly from the side. Since the crown reflects a lot of light can it still look white even from a side view? Is it mostly the pavilion that shows the color? A bezel mount is not to our liking so I'd exclude it. She doesn't really like halos either so I'd probably go with a solitaire setting. Will platinum help hide the color? I get conflicting info on this. Some say yes, the diamond reflects the colors around it so it'll reflect the platinum setting. Others say no, it will contrast with the yellow and make the color more obvious. By the same token yellow or rose gold is better since it'll overwhelm the yellow and make the diamond look whiter. so the diamond doesn't reflect the rose or yellow tones of the ring? Why do they reflect yellow from walls then, because it's a bigger source?

Lastly, under what lighting conditions or angle does the yellow in a J become the most apparent? In office environments, outdoors on bright sunny days, etc?

dontaskme

Rough_Rock
definitely stay away from EGL... Gia is best and then AGS. Can't stress this enough especially since you're concerned about color and cut.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just bought a GIA graded "M" colour diamond for a special project. It faces up very white and bright and I don't notice any colour unless I look at it from the side or next to one of my D, E or F diamonds. It's well cut and all I see is sparkle. I am colour sensitive so I was pleasantly surprised to find out this was an "M". I would not hesitate to get a GIA or AGS "J" graded diamond if it's well cut and preferring a larger size.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean said:
How about this j with strong fluorescence? The fluorescence will help, especially indoors in settings such as an office where the lighting has Fluor.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.50-carat-j-color-vvs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-588983

I agree that if you're looking at J's fluorescence may be your friend as long as you confirm the fluorescence doesn't make the stone look hazy.

But I would pass on the JA stone above. The CA and the PA leave much to be desired and the table is rather large at 60%.

If you stick to stricter Ideal cut ranges, I think you could safely get away with a J colored stone if size is your GF's priority.

Here's one but it's a tad over budget. It's eye clean and it's a 1.56 carat. With a cut like this one, the sparkle will wow her as well as the size so unless she's really color sensitive it should be a great compromise.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3379183.htm

A 1.3 closer to your budget.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3488748.htm

Another option is to buy from a reputable vendor who has a very generous and liberal upgrade policy. You can upgrade her to a larger diamond when your budget is more in line with a larger stone. As it turns out, WF has a very liberal upgrade policy.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I guess some J's could be really yellow but mine is not. I am extremely happy with my J. It scores well on the HCA tool and honestly is so sparkly, even in the dark with a little light those hearts and arrows are showing.
Here is a link to my diamond and I would honestly give Id Jewelry a call because they will work within whatever budget you are looking for.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/id-jewelry-found-me-a-winner.211027/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/id-jewelry-found-me-a-winner.211027/[/URL]

decisively_unsure

Shiny_Rock
It really is a matter of taste. J colour are cheaper because yes, there is a visible tint.

Not everyone will notice it, but if you have spent a lot of time with D-F stones, then it's easy to see. Whether it is an issue is purely down to taste. Some like the warmth, others like brilliant white.

Online photos are not enough, you need to see the stones in person.

As mentioned settings also impact this. If you have a more open setting it's going to be much easier to see colour. I know I like looking through stones at different angles, through the side etc.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another option
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.51-carat-j-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-521453

You might get a setting that has more of a basket to hold the stone. That way the side view is blocked a little more while
still getting a lovely gallery to look at.

Like...
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/designer-engagement-rings/14k-white-gold-spring-blossom-six-prong-solitaire-engagement-ring-item-7224

This is not a basket but very pretty...
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/14k-white-gold-modern-tulip-diamond-engagement-ring-item-50671
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/platinum-modern-tulip-diamond-engagement-ring-item-51014 (plat)

Did the $8k include the setting? You might stick with white gold if that works for you.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If she was okay with I1/I2, why not consider a very well cut E - H or I, but SI2 clarity. Perhaps not totally eye-clean, even. A discrete inclusion that hides well is an excellent compromise to get size / cut / color, imo. I own an SI2 and an I1. I have no regrets. I'd veto all-over clouds that make a diamond hazy, or a big dark speck that can't be missed. But settling for discrete inclusions can really cut the price in half, compared to VVS1 or sometimes even VS1. Twinning wisps, if they don't reduce brilliance, are "good" SI2 inclusions to have. There are discussions on here about that.

Eyeclean and SI2 is ususally going to be an in-house stone because vendors snatch them up immediately. Something on the "virtual list" will be far less likely to be eyeclean. You need to work with a vendor to find one, and it may take time for the right stone to crop up. I've always found my best bargains in July or August through maybe early October, when there is less competition from other buyers.

Most people can start to see tints in diamonds in the I color range. J, to me, is yellowed. Body tint will be seen from the side, even if there is blue flourescence to help whiten up the stone. There are many people who feel J is too tinted for an engagement ring. But there are others who prefer the warmer diamonds, too. Some don't like the stark white of the colorless and G/H range and want warmer diamonds.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colour is really subjective one person sees a tinted stone with a J another barely notices any colour at all. Have you considered antique diamonds? Bold chunky fire patterns and other shapes that give more finger coverage in mms like ovals, and pears?

I'd never recommend purchasing an EGL stone because you don't know what you are getting they can be several grades out clarity wise and around 3 to 5 or more incorrectly graded in colour. So even though EGL stones seem like a bargain you really cannot do a fair apples to apples comparison..

Something like this set in a simple 6 prong setting if you like antique stones might be an option;

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/1-ct-to-2-00/1-36ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-i-vs1#.VcDLtygVq5Q

Otherwise buy a GIA graded stone and trade off either colour, clarity or come down a fraction in weight, so just under 1.50 carats. Better cut stones have edge to edge brightness meaning they face up or appear bigger anyway.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of my favorite posts by Gypsy, and so informative as color/cut/size...

Gypsy|1405028902|3710845 said:
If size matters and she says she doesn't care. Listen to her. The tint you see in the JA videos put into perspective: The stone is the size of a pencil eraser and you are looking at it blown up on a huge screen.

Well you can definitely go down to G.

As for H, yes, I think that's certainly safe. The side of a diamond when set is going to be largely covered up on the sides by the prongs. H is very conservative still. And if your lady has said tint doesn't bother her by ALL MEANS go to I. You will be happy you did.

It is important to remember is that color is graded FACE DOWN. Where there is NO light return. Not face up where there is light return and refraction. You wear diamonds set. FACE UP.

_327.png

Within one color grade, even the labs can't agree on the color grades of stones and something could be a "high" H or a "low" E. So... no. Not really. Within 2 color grades it is hard. Not impossible. But very hard. And it gets harder once set. If you are talking ideal rounds, or any stone with ideal light return and no sharp corners it gets harder still because the ideal light return masks body color.

Generally we say to be conservative stay above H if you DO NOT KNOW YOUR LADY'S COLOR PREFERENCES. But you DO. She told you.

If you are talking fancy shapes without ideal light return (because there is no 'ideal' for EC's Radiant, etc) it's a bit different.

This is how I think of it.

Ever gotten one of those HUGE paint fan decks? Where there are literally 100s of colors of whites? And when they are RIGHT next to each other you can TOTALLY tell that one is bluer/colder and one is a bit warmer and which one is one is TOTALLY warmer. One there's one that's slightly greener. One that's slightly pinker? But really. They are all white?

Then you pick one after agonizing over this white or that white and when it's on the walls and people are like: Oh. You painted again. And it's STILL white. Great.

And you're all... BUT it's BLUE white. Or it's a WARM white now. It used to be ____ white. It's TOTALLY different.

It's like that. You are talking about shades of white. D is colder... J is warmer. But it's all white.

YES. If you have an accurately graded F and an H THAT HAVE THE SAME PERFORMANCE you are going to be able to tell them apart when you compare them side by side. Just like you would be able to tell if you painted your walls a warm white, but painted the crown molding a cold/straight white. But both are STILL white, you only see the contrast because of the proximity. But it's very slight, you could set an F center with G sides and never tell the difference. And even H sides depending on the setting and the size of the sidestones... especially with round brilliants.

I want you notice all the qualifiers thought. I'm talking about stones with the SAME performance. An ideal H will out white an F that has compromised light performance from a poor cut.

NOTHING impacts the appearance of a diamond as much as cut. CUT is king.

You want the shinest whitest and brightest diamond out there: Cut is King. No other factor, not color or clarity or anything else impacts how white bright an shiny a stone is.

Listen to your lady.

[this quote was pulled from this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/color-e-vs-h-i.203884/]

poogios

Rough_Rock
PintoBean|1438665175|3910866 said:
How about this j with strong fluorescence? The fluorescence will help, especially indoors in settings such as an office where the lighting has Fluor.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.50-carat-j-color-vvs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-588983

I found the diamond on another site but for $12000! :-o Also the ASET does not look good IMO.

Also, I don't know how to multi quote on this site so I'll be replying to a number of individual posts in this thread. Hopefully it's not too unbearable.

gia-certified-1-5-carat-j-color-vvs1-clarity-diamond-471zaf_ast.jpg

poogios

Rough_Rock
JDDN: The upgrade policy sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure how well it would work out. Some require you to buy a stone that's double the cost. Others require you to upgrade in two categories. But an increase from SI1 and J isn't that difficult. I think the biggest issue will be making her give up the diamond. It'll hold sentimental value so she'll want to keep it and maybe use it as a right hand ring or perhaps put it in a pendant.

BarbBe: That stone looks to have good specs. Hopefully I can get some pics and maybe an ASET to get people's opinions.

poogios

Rough_Rock
lknvrb4|1438681795|3910901 said:
I guess some J's could be really yellow but mine is not. I am extremely happy with my J. It scores well on the HCA tool and honestly is so sparkly, even in the dark with a little light those hearts and arrows are showing.
Here is a link to my diamond and I would honestly give Id Jewelry a call because they will work within whatever budget you are looking for.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/id-jewelry-found-me-a-winner.211027/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/id-jewelry-found-me-a-winner.211027/[/URL]

That's a lovely ring but I'm wondering if its exhibiting the over blue effect. It's readily apparent in the gym shot and seems to be causing some milkiness/hazy.

Outdoors in the snow it also seems to show this effect though much less pronounced. But maybe it's just reflecting the blue form the snow/sky?

Other than that it looks awesome and any tint is very marginal. While you might not want to mention the price you paid could you tell me if it would be within my budget?

2015-02-26_7.jpg

2015-02-26_8.jpg

poogios

Rough_Rock
AdaBeta27|1438695012|3910956 said:
If she was okay with I1/I2, why not consider a very well cut E - H or I, but SI2 clarity. Perhaps not totally eye-clean, even. A discrete inclusion that hides well is an excellent compromise to get size / cut / color, imo. I own an SI2 and an I1. I have no regrets. I'd veto all-over clouds that make a diamond hazy, or a big dark speck that can't be missed. But settling for discrete inclusions can really cut the price in half, compared to VVS1 or sometimes even VS1. Twinning wisps, if they don't reduce brilliance, are "good" SI2 inclusions to have. There are discussions on here about that.

Eyeclean and SI2 is ususally going to be an in-house stone because vendors snatch them up immediately. Something on the "virtual list" will be far less likely to be eyeclean. You need to work with a vendor to find one, and it may take time for the right stone to crop up. I've always found my best bargains in July or August through maybe early October, when there is less competition from other buyers.

Most people can start to see tints in diamonds in the I color range. J, to me, is yellowed. Body tint will be seen from the side, even if there is blue flourescence to help whiten up the stone. There are many people who feel J is too tinted for an engagement ring. But there are others who prefer the warmer diamonds, too. Some don't like the stark white of the colorless and G/H range and want warmer diamonds.

Eye clean SI2 are hard to find. Or even ones where the inclusions can be hidden. And since they seem to be in house and pres selected the prices I've seen are still at the upper end of my budget. But if there are some ones I should look at please let me know. I'm not opposed to SI2 as long as the inclusion isn't glaring.

As for twinning wisps inclusions I've seen some that reduce brilliance a little bit. Here's one ASET where the wisp can be seen at the 4 o'clock position. It causes some light reflection hence the green but overall it's still a good performing diamond?

twinningwisp.jpg

poogios

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1438689711|3910937 said:
Another option
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.51-carat-j-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-521453

You might get a setting that has more of a basket to hold the stone. That way the side view is blocked a little more while
still getting a lovely gallery to look at.

Like...
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/designer-engagement-rings/14k-white-gold-spring-blossom-six-prong-solitaire-engagement-ring-item-7224

This is not a basket but very pretty...
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/14k-white-gold-modern-tulip-diamond-engagement-ring-item-50671
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/platinum-modern-tulip-diamond-engagement-ring-item-51014 (plat)

Did the $8k include the setting? You might stick with white gold if that works for you.

The $8k was just for the diamond. I like the tulip designs and for $1k for platinum is perfect. Only thing I don't like is the cathedral shank. Maybe it could just be a simple plain band and attach the head via a donut? Or does it need the cathedral shank to give stability to the ring?

I was looking at the Danhov Classico CL140 but it's also cathedral and I think it detracts a bit from the basket/prongs. It's also twice the price for platinum.

I can spend $2k for the setting but I'd have to wait till the end of the year to do so. Are there any designs that have a regular shank or is it just a bad design issue? Are there any custom jewelers who could make it with a regular shank that won't cost an arm and a leg? Are there any other designs like these with flowery type basket/prong designs?

cl140.jpg

poogios

Rough_Rock
arkieb1|1438698097|3910976 said:
Colour is really subjective one person sees a tinted stone with a J another barely notices any colour at all. Have you considered antique diamonds? Bold chunky fire patterns and other shapes that give more finger coverage in mms like ovals, and pears?

I'd never recommend purchasing an EGL stone because you don't know what you are getting they can be several grades out clarity wise and around 3 to 5 or more incorrectly graded in colour. So even though EGL stones seem like a bargain you really cannot do a fair apples to apples comparison..

Something like this set in a simple 6 prong setting if you like antique stones might be an option;

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/1-ct-to-2-00/1-36ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-i-vs1#.VcDLtygVq5Q

Otherwise buy a GIA graded stone and trade off either colour, clarity or come down a fraction in weight, so just under 1.50 carats. Better cut stones have edge to edge brightness meaning they face up or appear bigger anyway.

I did consider antique cuts but they seem to carry more of a premium. Or at least the well cut OEC and August Vintage cuts do. I like these vintage type rounds and cushions but I also hear that I need to increase clarity since broader facets can show inclusions more. As for ovals and pears it's very hard to find a good one and the J color ones seem to show a lot of tint. And they all seem to have a bowtie effect so it's much harder finding the right one.

I'll probably stick to a round cut and probably the modern brilliant because of my budget though. The JbG is nice but it seems a bit small for it's weight which seems normal for OEC cuts.

marymm: Thanks for the link to that post. From all appearances a GIA J should suit us well. I need to check out the ones suggested here and try to find an appropriate setting and I'll be good.

Thanks to everyone for their help so far. I should be able to get a engagement ring that will blow her away thanks to all of you.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
poogios said:
JDDN: The upgrade policy sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure how well it would work out. Some require you to buy a stone that's double the cost. Others require you to upgrade in two categories. But an increase from SI1 and J isn't that difficult. I think the biggest issue will be making her give up the diamond. It'll hold sentimental value so she'll want to keep it and maybe use it as a right hand ring or perhaps put it in a pendant.

BarbBe: That stone looks to have good specs. Hopefully I can get some pics and maybe an ASET to get people's opinions.

As you have stated, not all upgrade policies are created equal! When I said going with a vendor with a liberal upgrade policy, I meant one that didn't have a whole bunch of requirements and stipulations. WF and High Performance Diamonds come to mind.

But I totally understand that she may not want to trade in her original diamond for sentimental reasons. You never know though. Lots of us have done that more than one time, lol.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would give ID Jewelry a call. They are great at pulling off miracles within budget!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear poogios -

Please - for the love of all things holy! - consider Blue Nile.

Here is a lovely stone - 1.62 ct, J VS2, with lovely specs!

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD06084270

It scores 1.8 on the HCA, and since you said you weren't looking for a H&A stone (and this one could well prove to be of that quality in real life anyway), this should MORE than fit the bill. It's also OVER 7.5mm in diameter, it's GIA graded, it's VS2 - so is going to be eye clean, and its wire price is $7693.

It sends me a little bat-shit crazy that this site doesn't recommend BN more than they do. Yes, they are a drop shipper, but they also have a wonderful return policy and, since you're on a limited budget (and aren't we all?), and here is a ring that meets ALL your qualifications - and goes beyond them, too! - why not take a chance on this? The worst thing it can cost you is a trip back to the PO to return it if you don't like it. On the other hand, it could save you a bunch of bucks and give you a stellar diamond, bigger and cheaper than you'd have a chance of getting with anyone else.

You can call BN and ask a sales rep to have the diamond inspected by whoever is currently holding it, and my experience is that they will be honest and forthcoming. You can also request a photo, which they may well get you. Personally, I only push for photos from BN with SI2 quality stones, or large SI1 stones. With the specs of the stone I linked to, and at VS2 clarity, I would never bother and would simply roll the dice. They won't give you an ASET or an Idealscope, so don't bother asking. But, frankly, with these specs, and given your own requirements, I think the next step for you would simply be to have a look at it.

And just to answer your first question, stones which are graded J in color by the GIA (as opposed to anyone else's grading such as EGL for example), in my experience, are generally only very, very faintly tinted. When set - especially in the setting you're considering - I doubt you'd see anything at all, unless comparing it directly to a whiter colored stone. And even then, you might prefer your J. A friend of mine - also a PS'er - bought a GIA 2.5ct J recently and had it set in a simple platinum solitaire. When it arrived, we sat together tilting it back and forth for considerable time, and we couldn't see anything.

Good luck - and do consider this stone!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thank you, pfunk! The stone looks great!

poogios

Rough_Rock
pfunk|1438721681|3911132 said:
Here is a video and h&a images of the stone that mrs-blop linked from blue nile. You can at least see it without taking the plunge at least. :D

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R162-JGWFCB

Thanks. I've requested an ASET so we can see how well it performs and if there's any leakage. Also thanks to mrs-blop for pointing it out in the first place. I googled the GIA number and several vendors have access to it. B2C is the cheapest at $7,360.84 via wire. I may still opt for enchanted though if they can provide ASET. Now I need to start searching for a setting.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop said:
Dear poogios -

Please - for the love of all things holy! - consider Blue Nile.

Here is a lovely stone - 1.62 ct, J VS2, with lovely specs!

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD06084270

It scores 1.8 on the HCA, and since you said you weren't looking for a H&A stone (and this one could well prove to be of that quality in real life anyway), this should MORE than fit the bill. It's also OVER 7.5mm in diameter, it's GIA graded, it's VS2 - so is going to be eye clean, and its wire price is $7693.

It sends me a little bat-shit crazy that this site doesn't recommend BN more than they do. Yes, they are a drop shipper, but they also have a wonderful return policy and, since you're on a limited budget (and aren't we all?), and here is a ring that meets ALL your qualifications - and goes beyond them, too! - why not take a chance on this? The worst thing it can cost you is a trip back to the PO to return it if you don't like it. On the other hand, it could save you a bunch of bucks and give you a stellar diamond, bigger and cheaper than you'd have a chance of getting with anyone else.

You can call BN and ask a sales rep to have the diamond inspected by whoever is currently holding it, and my experience is that they will be honest and forthcoming. You can also request a photo, which they may well get you. Personally, I only push for photos from BN with SI2 quality stones, or large SI1 stones. With the specs of the stone I linked to, and at VS2 clarity, I would never bother and would simply roll the dice. They won't give you an ASET or an Idealscope, so don't bother asking. But, frankly, with these specs, and given your own requirements, I think the next step for you would simply be to have a look at it.

And just to answer your first question, stones which are graded J in color by the GIA (as opposed to anyone else's grading such as EGL for example), in my experience, are generally only very, very faintly tinted. When set - especially in the setting you're considering - I doubt you'd see anything at all, unless comparing it directly to a whiter colored stone. And even then, you might prefer your J. A friend of mine - also a PS'er - bought a GIA 2.5ct J recently and had it set in a simple platinum solitaire. When it arrived, we sat together tilting it back and forth for considerable time, and we couldn't see anything.

Good luck - and do consider this stone!

Nice find Mrs Blop!!!!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
poogios|1438730310|3911199 said:
pfunk|1438721681|3911132 said:
Here is a video and h&a images of the stone that mrs-blop linked from blue nile. You can at least see it without taking the plunge at least. :D

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R162-JGWFCB

Thanks. I've requested an ASET so we can see how well it performs and if there's any leakage. Also thanks to mrs-blop for pointing it out in the first place. I googled the GIA number and several vendors have access to it. B2C is the cheapest at $7,360.84 via wire. I may still opt for enchanted though if they can provide ASET. Now I need to start searching for a setting.

Just wanted to let you know that B2C offers a pricescope discount ( you can see it by doing a search on the top through PS and clicking on one of those links). The PS price through wire is 7160, so another 300 off!! :appl:

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-7340696-1.62-carat-Round-diamond-J-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=7340696&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results