shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash,GoodOldGold or James Allen Policies??

libramom

Shiny_Rock
Hello PS,

I''m hoping the PS community can shed some light or provide insight on the policies of some of the popular vendors on this board.

I have a question regarding the policies of PS vendors with regard to loose diamonds and settings. I am in the process of upgrading my WR for my 15 year wedding anniversary and I have picked out the setting

30.gif
, now the question is if I purchase the diamond from Whiteflash, GOG or JA will they set the ring for me(for a fee of course) even though the setting came from another vendor?

If yes,where does the liability fall in regards to any damage to the diamond or setting???

Thanks in advance for your input!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday
emsmile.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think you should call and ask. My personal experience is that I am getting BGD to make my setting, but I had a diamond that I had purchased elsewhere. They are able to set it for a fee ($75), but that just got lumped in with the cost of the setting. Their insurance does not cover the diamond during setting because the diamond and setting were not both purchased there, so I started my JM policy before the diamond was set.

Anyway, I am not sure if it is different if you already have the setting and then buy the diamond at one of the vendors, I would call and ask :) what setting do you have?

libramom

Shiny_Rock

Hi SLG47-

Thanks for the input!!! Your right I should call these vendors, I was just hoping that since WF,GOG and JA are popular vendors on PS that someone would chime in who perhaps had this same scenario with one of the mentioned vendors.

My setting is made by Natalie K and I will get to see it in person for the first time tomorrow, I can''t wait
36.gif

LM

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased my diamond from GOG and they set it in a mounting that I provided, for a fee. I believe they are responsible for possible damaged to the stone (not my setting). At any rate, I was certain they'd do it right, and I'd rather pay them than my local "maul" jeweler who might botch things. And the local "exclusive" jewelers don't doesn't want to work on anything that they didn't sell, regardless of what it is. GOG was my best option.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results