shape
carat
color
clarity

whiteflash ACA (a cut above) v.s. expert selection

dyxdyx

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank you all for such wonderful discussion! I have learned a lot about diamonds from this forum.

After doing some research, I have narrowed down my choices to an ACA diamond and an expert selection diamond from whiteflash. I am completely untrained so not sure what to look for exactly. But it seems to me that the ASET images of the two are very very similar.

I am most interested in the light performance of the diamond. In terms of brilliance and sparkle, which one do you think is better?

I am trying to get as unbiased an opinion as possible, so I have not indicated in the file name which one is the ACA diamond. I will review the answer after I hear back from you guys ;-)

Thank you so much!

diamond #1:
thumbnail1.ashx.jpg

diamond #2:
thumbnail2.ashx.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I honestly have no idea which is the ACA and which is the ES stone based on the ASET images. Usually, it seems to me that the ES stones just *barely* miss being ACA stones because of something you can't see--good polish vs. excellent or whatever. They can be an excellent buy because of this, and I'm pretty sure they also qualify for Whiteflash's upgrade policy. Unless you must have an ACA for mind-clean issues, I'd say save a few bucks on the diamond and then get a blingy wedding band. :bigsmile:

dyxdyx

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for the reply! Yes I am also leaning towards the ES but just wanted a second opinion.. :D

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've had an ACA and an ES diamond and I thought they were both beautiful. If I was going to buy another diamond from WF I would try and buy from their Expert Selection range because I like to get something that looks lovely but is good value for money.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think ACA, Expert Selection, and Premium Select are all usually excellent diamonds. Most of us could never tell them apart. I do have ACA earrings, but I think the others are good choices when it works better in the budget or allows one to get greater size or color, etc.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others. I think that ACA's are a good choice when you have 'mind' issues regarding cut, but I think that expert selection stones are beautiful diamonds. And as some of the others have said, if it fits better with the budget or enables you can get a larger stone or better color and clarity than I would definitely consider the ES.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results