shape
carat
color
clarity

White Gold vs. Platinum for Pave Halo Setting??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaliBling

Shiny_Rock
Hi All...still in the very early stages, but had a few questions for you...I have my heart set on a Cushion Cut (2-2.5) Micro Pave Halo design (likely made by ERD or Leon M)...question is this: Why Platinum? I know that Leon sets his in Platinum, but ERD is willing to do either. I have always been of the philosphy that I spend more on the stone than on the metal, and I personally prefer the "look" of WG, as it has been my experience that Platinum tends to dull a little faster. I know everyone has their own opinion about this- and that is why I am here...so please any info, good and bad would be greatly appreciated. I had ERD send me a quote for the MMM w a few possible tweaks...in White Gold and Platinum and it was only about a $500 difference, lets say for the sake of discussion this is totally material and not the deal breaker. What are your thoughts...thanks.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I know if you do a search on the two you will find TONS of threads. I''ve heard several say they will only get platinum with pave and some who''ve had no problems with their pave and white gold.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results