shape
carat
color
clarity

Which sparkle more...french cut or regular baguettes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
I''m trying to decide on a custom band of horizontal baguettes. I know in general, baguettes don''t really sparkle, especially in comparison to RBs. I''ve only seen regular baguettes in my friend''s rings. But I was wondering if french cut ones will add a little extra sparkle? Please help...
33.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
They have a similar number of facets, so I''m not sure there''s a difference. I love french cuts though.

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
Really? I wonder how many facets each one has (off to google). I thought the french cuts had extra facets on the top
33.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just looked up a chart of cuts and counted the facets (9 for each).

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
Diagem!

I''ve seen some of your posts on precision cut baguettes. Do you have any experience with french cut baguettes?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/18/2008 2:25:18 PM
Author: Melanie611
Diagem!

I''ve seen some of your posts on precision cut baguettes. Do you have any experience with french cut baguettes?
What would you like to know?

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
Diagem -

Would you be able to tell me if there''s a difference in sparkle between regular baguettes and french cut ones? I thought french cuts had extra facets on top. Or are they about the same as rectangular baguettes?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 2:21:44 PM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 6/18/2008 2:06:49 PM
Author: Harriet
I just looked up a chart of cuts and counted the facets (9 for each).
9 for each what??
Typical baguette and french cut.

Melanie,
The expert is here (
2.gif
, DG). Phew!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/18/2008 3:09:37 PM
Author: Melanie611
Diagem -

Would you be able to tell me if there''s a difference in sparkle between regular baguettes and french cut ones? I thought french cuts had extra facets on top. Or are they about the same as rectangular baguettes?
Mel..., its a whole different look...

Baguettes = step-cut faceting patterns = emerald cut type appearance (without the corner breaks).
usually between 29 - 25 facets incl. table facet (depending on the cutters)
Nice cuts exclude any extra facets which is rare...., most include extra facets on the corner junctions of the pavilion..., and affect appearance.

French-Cuts = a type of brilliant faceting patterns = French cuts definitely have more sparkle than Baguettes.
They consist of either 18 or 22 facets incl. table and culet...

Hope this helps...

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Diagem! And you too Harriet! I think I''ll go with the french cuts...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results