shape
carat
color
clarity

which report should i believe? manufacture versus an appraiser''s sarin ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the manufacture report scores a 1.1 HCA ex,ex.ex,vg
9.68-9.71x 5.9
60.9 depth
56% table
crown 15%,34.4
pav 43%,40.8

The sarin report from the appraiser scores a 1.8 HCA ex,vg,vg,vg

9.66-9.69x5.91
depth 61.1
55.7 % table
crown. 15.2%,34.6
pav. 43.2%,41

As you noticed, the manufacturer''s report shows a pav of 40.8 and the appraiser''s report shows 41. I would prefer less than 41 angle. The difference from the appraier''s report are .2 percent or .2 angle degree more in every measurement,should I be concern ?(HCA 1.1 versus HCA 1.8)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can check this from the actual diamond dimensions measured with a guage too.
Also what machines were used?
Sarin Diamension with the correct lens in place will be the most accurate. Ogi is likely to be closets to the dimensions but furthest from the angles.
But in the end - it is still beuatiful with either answer and you should not worry about a 1.8 score.
Besides if an appraiser has eyeballed it - there is symmetry and other factors - HCA has not rejected either
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It would be interesting to see the reports from each. When these devices run a scan on a diamond they will often generate a "weight" which is estimated by formula. It would be interesting to know which of these generated the more accurate weight as compared to the actual diamond as that can sometimes be an indicator as to the accuracy of the calibration. An important factor is the calibration of the machines used.

Concerning the 1.1 vs the 1.8 I would not lose sleep over that as there are plenty of other variables that can make the 1.8 possibly more attractive such as symmetry (as Gary has mentioned) and also contrast brilliance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results