color
clarity

which diamond to choose?

timotheo

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly would buy neither, as I would want stones with more ideal proportions. Both stones have extremely low crown angles, for one thing. The first one, with a 60 table and 31.5 crown angle, would be fairly flat topped and not very appealing from the profile view. In addition, it could be more prone to chipping. It gets a 3.7 on the HCA screening tool, and we generally recommend stones that score cloe to or less than 2.0. The second one does get a 1.9, but it gets very good on light return and scintillation, and normally I like to see excellent on all but very good on spread. Of these two, the 1.74 is the better risk, but again, I would keep looking.

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

These are parameters that are more likely to get one into ideal cut territory:

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-41.0

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have to agree with Diamondseeker's comments on the cut of these two stones. Is there a particular reason that you are looking at VVS clarity stones? You could certainly drop down to VS clarity and save some money or even buy a larger stone for that matter. E color can be a bit of overkill too unless you are partial to colorless stones. Her recommendations on numbers will generally net you a very nice stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results