shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to go for Vintage/Antique Rings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
...to try on. We have an old loose stone, but cannot for the life of us find a setting we both LOVE. Well, that''s not entirely true, but I think we really need to see some on the hand rather than on the computer screen.

So, with that said, is there anyone in the NY tri-state area (Hudson Valley, NYC, NJ, CT) that can recommend some really GREAT antique or vintage jewelry stores (like single stone, lange, etc) that would have a wide selection of rings/settings we could walk-in and look at and try on? It doesn''t have to be a true antique store - could also be a modern with vintage & modern pieces. We went to one B&M store here and the people were SO SO rude - telling us that our $10k budget wasn''t enough for more than a 1ct stone in a plain 4 prong setting....um, right.

Thanks so much. Its greatly appreciated.
1.gif

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
Israel Rose has some great rings: http://www.newyorkestatejewelry.com/. They have plenty of rings 1 carat and over in your budget.

You may also want to think about looking to buy a loose stone from someone like old world diamonds (I believe they are in NYC) and possibly looking to get it set elsewhere.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peter Suchy in Stamford, CT. http://www.petersuchyjewelers.com/

He has a great shop and will sit with you and help you find your perfect ring. There''s a link to his eBay shop on his store site. The listings are only a fraction of what he has available in his shop.

Any particular type of ring that you have in mind? We love searching for vintage rings here!

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

We already have the stone, so it's really just the setting we're after; unless of course we go for a 3 stone...
31.gif

I think we just really need to see a variety of settings on to really tell what we want and love. From there, its a surprise.

Thanks again!!

ETA: Should be bring OUR stone with us?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2009 3:04:35 PM
Author: Lekde
Thank you!

We already have the stone, so it''s really just the setting we''re after; unless of course we go for a 3 stone...
31.gif

I think we just really need to see a variety of settings on to really tell what we want and love. From there, its a surprise.

Thanks again!!

ETA: Should be bring OUR stone with us?
Yes, you should definitely bring your stone with you. The jeweler will want to make sure the setting you''re interested in will work with your stone. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results