shape
carat
color
clarity

whats a good simple classic design?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I like the lucida style settings and the vatche x prong settings. Are they classic or trendyish? Is there something more simple and classic, what do you think?

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
Both of the settings you mentioned are classy and sleek. It does seem that everyone is considering the vatche and lucida these days. In my opinion the only more design more classic is the tiffany knife edge. You can't go wrong with either of these settings.
1.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Well I think a catherdral setting is nice too. I like that none of them stick out so much, the daimond is closer to your hand. My experience with rings that stick out alot is that they catch on things.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I think the Lucida and X-Prongs are classic. I think any style that's sleek with a minimal amount of fuss will stand the test of time. Ornate designs are always iffier; you never know what might look like a charming antique later on and what might just look gaudy.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Tiffany 4-prong, I agree
Will show your stone off beautifully!

wavey.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Your post brought to mind this gorgeous cathedral setting I saw on Mark Morrell's site:

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/PS-ring-comp-2a-s-t-b.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/13/2003 10:16:26 AM Heyjud wrote:

Tiffany 4-prong, I agree
Will show your stone off beautifully!

wavey.gif

----------------

I agree Rhyme girl! Always a classic & truly says "I'm engaged."

I like the x prong also. Only time will tell if it stands the test of time.

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
I'm really partial to the Stuller Solstice designs. A modern interpretation of a classic design. I had initially planned on getting a Tiffany solitaire, but changed my mind once I saw this.
3.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely tiffany 4 prong. also a classic 4 prong with baguettes, a touch of an older era, but a classic.

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
8 prong!!!!
2.gif

with small curved claws for prongs. antique look...adds to the stone but still keeps the setting very simple (e.g. if you did a classic plat solitaire, use this as the head).

also trendy is hard to gauge with jewelry as all the trends come back around at some point anyway. look at all the antique stones and rings from 1900's early...they are back in fashion and more gaudy than ever. so i don't really think you can go wrong--go with what your heart says...you will be looking at it, wearing it daily etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results