shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you get on a 2-3k budget?

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
I know this question has been asked before but just want to get some idea on what to get for my upcoming birthday. DH has given me a budget of 2-3k. I actually don't own any blings beside my wedding set and hope that i can get something nice to jumpstart my collection. My ering is a modest .70ct solitair and i often wear with a plain band and i have a channel set half diamond band as well. If you have my budget what would you get?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
for myself I'd either get the Tiffany Soleste band, or have a fishtail style pave band made. The half eternity I think is $2350, the full is just over 3K. But I'd do half.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I'd get a simple pendant or a pair of studs. Something you can wear on a daily basis would be nice.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
depending on your style preference I'd probably find a great vintage band. you can get a lot more for your budget going pre-loved and if you happen to like a wide variety of styles there is always something to catch one's eye.
or as the others have stated, studs can be a nice everyday addition. I don't wear pendants, so for me they just sit in a box.

mypatience

Rough_Rock
I would say studs or a pendant would be a good piece for everyday wear. It depends on what you would want to wear everyday.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you already have a wedding set and 2 bands, I say studs is the next staple item. I'd go with upgradable stones from somewhere like WhiteFlash, which is where I got mine.

The first ACA could be matched with either of the two following Expert Selection stones and still be on the lower end of your budget after the settings.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3056928,3055243,3055251

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably opt for a pair of earrings too, perhaps a pair that can be worn with a pair of earring jackets that can be purchased at a later date.

DK :))

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond stud earrings.

Or pearl earrings + necklace (<$750) and a nice vacation for two.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Studs.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another vote for studs ... go to one of our great old cut dealers, Old World Diamonds, Jewels by Grace, or Love Affair Diamonds, and get the biggest, chunkiest, flashiest old cuts you can!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Studs and a pendant. I think I could swing both with that budget. :naughty: I love rings the best, but if you're looking to expand, that's what I would do.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Studs.

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
Sorry it took so long for me to reply. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I used to wear a yellow dangling earrings but kinda stopped because I find myself wearing less yellow gold ever since I wear my wedding set. I find studs to be uncomfortable but maybe baby bezel studs will work? I'm contemplating between getting a diamond to be set into a pendant or a RHR or resetting my engagement ring. I've experienced hard core DSS since knowing PS but we're not in a position to upgrade right now so I thought changing up the setting may keep me satisfy until I can upgrade. We bought the ring at Jared (i know) but it's a .70ct AGS000 G VS1 and I think if I upgrade later on I would get my diamond from a PS vendor this time and keep my original diamond to be put in a pendant or start a 5 stone ring with it. Oh the endless possibilities and not enough money to make it happen ;)) Sorry for the long rambles. Any advices?

I recently browsed Love Affairs Diamond and this stone caught my eyes. I know absolutely nothing about OEC. It just look pretty to me. What do you think about this stone?

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/0-94ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-k-vs1/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results