shape
carat
color
clarity

What vender for an eternity ring?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who would you recommend to do a custom eternity ring if you were supplying the stones?
I have already asked Victor Canera but he will only accept a customer's center stone.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
First person that comes to mind is BGD. I have seen a lot of great work come from them and I believe they will use your own if you supply them.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1336439544|3189675 said:
what style?

I am not sure yet. What style would work and look best with french cuts?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually they are set in a channel, I would think. It may be harder to find someone to do it since you already have stones, but my inclination would be to try Maytal Hannah.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I'd say Single Stone or BGD. I can't wait to see it when it's done. Girl, you're on a roll with great rings. ha ha :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adam at Sareen Jewelry.... Used my stone.... You could try him...

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1336441742|3189706 said:
Usually they are set in a channel, I would think. It may be harder to find someone to do it since you already have stones, but my inclination would be to try Maytal Hannah.

I have not bought them yet, looking at one of the parcels that JBEG just posted in their newsletter. They are huge and gorgeous. I don't want to buy then not be able to find someone to make it for me.

What about 23rd Street Jewelers? They are making a three stone for TGal with stones she supplied.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1336442360|3189720 said:
diamondseeker2006|1336441742|3189706 said:

I have not bought them yet, looking at one of the parcels that JBEG just posted in their newsletter. They are huge and gorgeous. I don't want to buy then not be able to find someone to make it for me.

What about 23rd Street Jewelers? They are making a three stone for TGal with stones she supplied.

Depends on what your budget is and what kind of customer you are. I really like them, but I don't think they're for everyone. If you want to throw your stones at them, throw your money at them, and throw a general idea but won't micromanage, I think they'd be fine. Just keep in mind they are open slightly different hours (Tues-Sat from 11-6) and you'll get an email if they're not busy helping customers. They are not going to coddle like PSers are used to, IMHO.

My guess is even with your own stones supplied it will cost you 1000s.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Engagement Rings Direct, I'm sure Mark would create a ring with your own diamonds. I would check with him for sure.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
How about Adam at Old World Diamonds? His bench just made Ganesha's gorgeous ring.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparklyOEC|1336442110|3189714 said:
I'd say Single Stone or BGD. I can't wait to see it when it's done. Girl, you're on a roll with great rings. ha ha :appl:

Well, if I could just decide what I really want right now.
I have 2 .50 range OECs and on the hunt for 2 more. I actually sent the 1.03ct OEC back because the color difference was too notable to me (glad I made that decision, I would have kept it but really did not know what I could end up doing with it), I am trying to make wise decisions and not hold onto to too many stones.

When the parcels of FCs came out I put my brakes on things until I decide if they are candidates for me.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscher_girl|1336442694|3189731 said:
Engagement Rings Direct, I'm sure Mark would create a ring with your own diamonds. I would check with him for sure.

I will give him a call. I worked with him on a ring for my daughter-in-law and he was a pleasure, very nice.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1336442930|3189738 said:

I will give him a call. I worked with him on a ring for my daughter-in-law and he was a pleasure, very nice.

ERD is great. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

SS would do a great job, but not sure if would just be easier and actually more cost effective to just buy one of their stacking rings. They have a lot of gorgeous stuff.

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Bright Ice, ERD was going to be my rec. I spoke to him about having a ring made with alternating FC's and engravings. He had me send a pic b/c he didn't understand what I was talking about when I mentioned 'french cut.' He said they call them 'square cuts' :confused: but definitely can work with them to make you a ring...I bet at a reasonable price too.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1336443090|3189740 said:
bright ice|1336442930|3189738 said:

ERD is great. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

SS would do a great job, but not sure if would just be easier and actually more cost effective to just buy one of their stacking rings. They have a lot of gorgeous stuff.

I don't think one of their stacking rings would come close to comparing to that 3.9ct parcel of french cuts. There are 10, 3.9mm square, average .38-40 each.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vinjewels|1336443354|3189748 said:
Bright Ice, ERD was going to be my rec. I spoke to him about having a ring made with alternating FC's and engravings. He had me send a pic b/c he didn't understand what I was talking about when I mentioned 'french cut.' He said they call them 'square cuts' :confused: but definitely can work with them to make you a ring...I bet at a reasonable price too.

I bet he would and be fairly reasonable too.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that bezel set it TDF... it's beauitful.. Can't wait to see what you do!!! Those Frenchies are amazing!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steven Kirsch was willing to work with mine, I got a price for using mine and for him supplying them.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the bezel and channel set rings so i'm absolutely no use in helping you choose! I can't wait to see what you go with.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the bezel ring IF the stones are that shape, but for squares, that Lang ring is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! Gosh, I want that ring!!!! Do you have the french cuts on hold? Let me know if you don't buy them. You know, I would far rather have a band like the Lang one than any other I have seen. I am glad I haven't bought one yet!

I'd want Victor probably to make a ring like the one at Lang's but I wonder if he can source French Cuts? And I wonder how the price would compare.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1336488042|3190078 said:
I adore the bezel ring IF the stones are that shape, but for squares, that Lang ring is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! Gosh, I want that ring!!!! Do you have the french cuts on hold? Let me know if you don't buy them. You know, I would far rather have a band like the Lang one than any other I have seen. I am glad I haven't bought one yet!

I'd want Victor probably to make a ring like the one at Lang's but I wonder if he can source French Cuts? And I wonder how the price would compare.

Yes, I have them on hold. I think I really would like the channel set like Lang's too. I have spoken to Mark at ERD this morning and he is working me up a price for a hand forged ring with channel set in platinum with fine miligraining on both sides.

I don't think it will be a full eternity, most likely 3/4 which is fine with me for sizing purposes.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, I have them on hold. I think I really would like the channel set like Lang's too. I have spoken to Mark at ERD this morning and he is working me up a price for a hand forged ring with channel set in platinum with fine miligraining on both sides.

I don't think it will be a full eternity, most likely 3/4 which is fine with me for sizing purposes.

Victor can source French cuts, he sourced the ones in my Sophia ring.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have committed to buying the parcel. :bigsmile: Still waiting on Mark to get back with me.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1336502221|3190256 said:
I have committed to buying the parcel. :bigsmile: Still waiting on Mark to get back with me.
Yay! Congratulations, that is going to be one beautiful ring :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1336494133|3190129 said:

Victor can source French cuts, he sourced the ones in my Sophia ring.

I can't even believe I said that! Of course he uses french cuts often!

Very excited about your project!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results